Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:207
    Members:1
    Total of:208 users
    MemberLogged
    jttar0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index » » Television Troubleshooting

Initial Setup Screen keeps appearing KV32FV300 Dashboard
    Replies: 50 | Views: 39,809
    Last Reply: June 25, 2010, 4:22 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    NiteHawk | jehill | jfitton | sonybugs | DesertRover68 | rackki | rkuehne | 5stringer | redmo | yngvai | proto57 | mchun | tony42 | felixblumenfeld | Billken | spanglers1 | roygbiv33 | udahman | SJFriedl | chaslam | roughnready | jac0077 | deweybell | Demuzi | thassett | jgassman |
    This thread topic spans 4 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Initial Setup Screen keeps appearing KV32FV300
    jfitton

Posted: 2004-07-21 12:50

Help, I think my KV32FV300 is possessed! It intermittently keeps flashing the Initial Setup black box (I have done this set-up several times)---it was especially noticeable through the remote--now it even happens when I power on the set via the TV and satellite box. I did not spill anything on or near this tv (we have been asked that twice by the tech). We can be watching the tv and suddenly the volume turns up loud and it starts going through the Video 1, 2, 3 menus and then the initial setup screnn comes on. The tech came today (and of course it didn't so anything)--he took off the back and pulled out the boards and said that nothing looked rusted---then put it all back together and it was working fine. Of course, 20 minutes later, (and I hadn't touched a thing) the black box (Initial setup) popped up again and now I cannot even use the remote to turn it on. We had a similar problem last fall and it self-corrected that time--after the tech said there was nothing wrong.Any thoughts---I am ready to give this tv to charity--I have a 20 year old Zenith that is still running fine--I am not sure I would ever buy another ony AGAIN.  Thanks for any insights.

sonybugs

Posted: 2004-08-04 12:29

I am currently having the exact same problem regarding the initial setup screen. About 1.5 months ago,the Initial Setup screen started popping out,initially once in a while. After a day or so, the frequency of pop-ups increased to 1 per 20 seconds. Then the remote stopped communicating with the TV completely but soon would start working once in a while. I was out of town for 3 weeks,came back, the TV was working as if nothing had ever happened. After 2 weeks,the Initial Setup screen pop-ups have started once again. I haven't called a technician yet but doubt that they will be of any help. Did you finally figure out what the problem could be? 

NiteHawk

Posted: 2004-08-04 14:15

Would you happen to have another Sony remote in the house.??????

sonybugs

Posted: 2004-08-04 16:40

It's definitely not the remote (have tried hiding them). Thanks.

sonybugs

Posted: 2004-08-14 13:04

I just got the repairman in for this problem. Apparently the problem is a defective receiver chip (for the remote) on one of the boards inside the TV. Sony actually knows this problem as there have been about 80 such cases Sony says. The fix is to replace the board,the part number is A-1401-099-A (my TV is a KV27FS100). It seems pretty easy to replace it,so if you have this problem,get this board and replace it yourself,or pay >$200 like I did.

DesertRover68

Posted: 2004-09-25 00:12

MANY  THANKS to SONYBUGS for taking the initiative to help others out with the same problem!  My Sony KV 27FS100 had the same problem with the initial setup popping up intermittently.   The problem was inconsistent meaning that it would do it for weeks on end and then quit for months on end.   I have always just stuck a piece of tape over the Channel Minus button which got rid of the pop up as soon as it appeared. 

fficeffice" />>>

The last time it happened I did a Google search and found SONYBUGS solution to the problem.  It did seem logical that the remote control board was at fault because the remote control would not be able to communicate with the tv during the times this problem happened.   

>>

I took SONYBUGS advice and bought the part  ‘A1401099A’ (Sony HS VAR mounted PC Board) from Partsolver.com for $67 shipped.  [Keep in mind this is for the KV FS 100 model.]  Putting the part in myself took less than an hour.  It was not difficult at all.  If you replaced a hard drive in a computer you could easily do this job.   There is no soldering involved.  The only parts you need are a Phillips head screwdriver and needle nose pliers.    It would help to have another person there to hold the main board while you disconnected the front ‘remote’ board from it but it is not necessary. 

>>Anyway, hope this info helps someone else out. 

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2004-09-25 15:17

This issue is addressed in Service Bulletin E25117211, last updated on 7/29/2004, "Set up menu pop up intermittently".  I find the following resoulution very interesting.  Presumemably, A-1401-099-A is the part number for the KV27FS100.

RESOLUTION

The menu pop up has been found to occur due to the reasons below.

1. Customer used glass cleaner that dripped on to the control board below the CRT.  The residue is causing the intermittent screen pop up. Replace the board to correct the problem  and instruct the customer not to allow the glass cleaner to drip down the face
    of the CRT.

2. The menu button is not centered or hitting the Bezel. Remove the two menu buttons and remount tilting them back a little bit so they no longer touch the  Bezel.

-----------------
    -John

Sony A/V System: KDL-55XBR8, BDP-S550 and AVD-LA2500PKG, consisting of AVD-C70ES Super Audio CD/DVD Receiver, 4 SS-LA500ED surround speakers, 1 SS-LAC505ED center channel speaker and 1 SA-WD200 Active Subwoofer

rackki

Posted: 2004-09-27 20:12

Hi- My setup screen started popping up yesterday. It's a kv32-fs100. Would it take the same A1401099A part?  I might wait a while to see if it gets better on its own.  Very interesting forum

rackki

Posted: 2004-09-27 23:13

Well, i found the service manual online and it looks like it is the same. Think i'll try it. thanks.

rkuehne

Posted: 2004-10-25 08:47

I'm having the same problem on my KV-32FS100.  I was wondering if RACKKI ever did replace the part?

Did it work?  Really hate to stick the money into the part and find out it was something else.

rkuehne

Posted: 2004-10-27 09:59

I ordered the part today.  I will post on this forum if it worked.

5stringer

Posted: 2005-02-05 13:39

Did this ever get the job done? Let me know, same problem with the Sony KV-32FS100. Thanks.

yngvai

Posted: 2005-08-05 14:02

This problem's started cropping up on my KV-32FV300 in the past 3 months.  I have it for 3 years, and haven't spilled a drop of anything on it or near it.

It's intermittent.  Sometimes it'll do it for a few minutes and not do it again for weeks.  Sometimes it'll do it for 1/2 hr and go away for a day.

Now that I've found this site, I've e-mailed Sony asking them if the A1401099A part is the correct one for my model (the other posts here give the part number for the 100).  I've also asked Sony if there could possibly be another problem.

I'll re-post once I hear back from them.

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-08-05 15:29

Welcome to Agoraquest!  What you need is the HU board for the KV-32FV300.  You may purchase it for $28.11 http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/productSearch.do.  Just search for Part or Accessory Number a1400451a.

Its also possible that you don't need to replace the board, because in some cases, the key buttons on the HU board might not be centered and causing the buttons to touch the Bezel which can cause intermittent miss-operation.  You can remove a switch and remount slight tilted away from the Bezel so the button no longe touches the Bezel.

-----------------
    -John

Sony A/V System: KDL-55XBR8, BDP-S550 and AVD-LA2500PKG, consisting of AVD-C70ES Super Audio CD/DVD Receiver, 4 SS-LA500ED surround speakers, 1 SS-LAC505ED center channel speaker and 1 SA-WD200 Active Subwoofer

yngvai

Posted: 2005-08-05 15:56

John, many thanks for your response.  If the TV keeps acting up I'll definitely give that a try before resorting to replacing the board.

For what it's worth, Sony just replied to me with a stock answer, which I quote below:

"
    Thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.

We apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. The Initial Setup screen
    will appear every time the television is turned on until an Auto Program is
    performed.

If the television has been auto programmed and the Initial Setup screen appears
    when turning on the television, this indicates that the television has
    experienced a loss of power. Other than a power outage, the television will lose
    power if plugged into an external component, such as a cable box, and the
    component is turned off. Plug the television into a wall outlet that is not
    controlled by a wall switch to eliminate this type of power loss.

It may be necessary to perform a power reset on the television to resolve this
    issue. To reset the television, disconnect the power cord for a short period of
    time (approximately 1 minute), then reconnect the power cord and power on the
    television.   

NOTE: Most SONY televisions can be reset by holding down the reset button on the
    remote control while powering off the television. The television will power off
    then on again.

NOTE: If the initial setup screen is displaying at random times and the Auto
    Program has been completed and the television has not loss power, service will
    require service to resolve the issue..

We apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. Unfortunately, based on
    the information in your letter we will be unable to resolve your issue through
    email. It appears that your product requires service. The location of our Sony
    service center, as well as any available local, Sony authorized, service
    centers, is available online at:

l('http://www.sony.com/repair');">http://www.sony.com/repair

Enter the model number, your date of purchase and zip code, then click the
    SEARCH button. To obtain our repair cost estimate and submit your request
    online, just click the CONTINUE button and enter the requested information. Once
    you have finished, you will be sent a confirmation email with further
    instructions.

TIP: Our service confirmation email includes a .pdf file attachment
            of your personalized repair form. If you are unable to receive
            or open this attachment please call us at (800) 222-SONY and
            we will fax this form to you. For fastest service be sure to have the
            event (Exxxxxxxx) number from the confirmation email's subject
            line, as well as your fax number when you call.

TIP: Models that have been released in the last 90 days, or that are
            over 7 years old, will not be recognized by the online repair form.
            If your model is not recognized, please call us for assistance at:
            800-222-SONY (7669).

TIP: You may also follow the status of your repair online at:
    l('http://www.sony.com/repair');">http://www.sony.com/repair
            Please note that our repair status website will NOT indicate that
            your unit has been received until it has actually been assigned to
            a service technician and is on the bench for repair. This can take
            7-10 business days for your repair status to indicate the delivery.

NOTICE: Should you choose to have your product serviced at a local,
                     Sony authorized, service center please be advised that these
                     locations are all independently owned and operated. Any costs
                     estimated on our website do not apply at local service centers.

TIP: If you want a more interactive support experience you may
            want to try our LiveAssist Chat support available at:
    l('http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/conversation/liveassist.asp');">http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/conversation/liveassist.asp

Thank You,

Your Sony Email Response Team"

This topic thread spans 4 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.