Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:181
    Members:0
    Total of:181 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Ľ Ľ Television Configuration

connections connections connections Dashboard
    Replies: 2 | Views: 1,013
    Last Reply: March 5, 2004, 8:34 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    TonyTiger | Stelios | DOZEBOTZ |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author connections connections connections
    DOZEBOTZ

Posted: 2004-03-02 10:40

I have a 40XBR800 SONY TV
    I have a SONY SLV-D 500P  DVD/VCR combo
    I have a RCA Direct TV satellite receiver
    I have a pioneer cable box
    I want to hook up everything and be able to tape(VCR)  either satellite or cable whenever I want.
    I want to optimize the best connections..via component connections..

ALL EQUIPMENT IS ANALOG RIGHT NOW SO KEEP THAT IN MIND FOR QUALITY...WILL UPGRADE DOWN THE ROAD....
    CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A SIMPLE SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM IN HOOKING THIS ALL UP AND GETTING BEST VIDEO/AUDIO QUALITY AND HAVING THE ABILITY TO TAPE TO THE VCR FROM CABLE OR SATELLITE. 

THE CABLE BOX HAS CABLE IN & OUT TO TV.....
    THE SATELLITE RECEIVER HAS SATELLITE IN.......OUT TO TV (rf)....IN FROM ANTENNA (rf) ,..........S VIDEO......R & L AUDIO  ....VIDEO
    THE DVD/VCR COMBO HAS FOR DVD PLAYER AND VCR......RF OUT TO TV.....RF IN FROM ANTENNA....LINE OUT VIDEO/AUDIO L/R.....LINE IN VIDEO/AUDIO L/R......FOR DVD PLAYER ONLY IT HAS....LINE OUT AUDIO L/R........COMPONENT VIDEO OUT Pr/Pb/Y.......S VIDEO OUT.....DIGITAL AUDIO OUT/OPTICAL......DIGITAL AUDIO OUT/COAXIAL...

Stelios

Posted: 2004-03-05 00:59

I am sure that the operating manuals that you have for your equipment must have schematics as to what goes where. It is very difficult for us to post a general layout of your connections, as we donít know what type of connections are available on your items. The best thing to do is get someone where you live to connect everything for you, even with a little reward, money wise or otherwise.
    Stelios

-----------------
    I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free. (Kazantzakis)

TonyTiger

Posted: 2004-03-05 08:34

I usually start with drawing a box for my home theatre AMP then mark the ins and outs on it. Next I add the receivers (Sat,cable, etc) with their ins and outs and draw lines to the ins and outs on the amps I plan to use. This lets you plan how to use the available inputs. Sometimes you don't have enough and need to look for solutions by sinmplifying wiring or running feeds between two components.
    You can use paper and pencil for this or a more sophisticated software like Visio.
    Next I draw the lines in (from sat, cable, etc) to the receivers.
    Then all the other components (DVDs, VCRs, CDs etc) with their ins and outs.
    Finally I add the speakers in and figure the length of runs necessary for speaker wires.
    Most manuals have sample schematics that should help you. After I get everything working, I take a copy of the back panel picture in the manual for each receiver, component, etc, and label each set of inputs and outputs with where "it goes" or "comes from". This will prove invaluable when you need to add a component or make changes in the future (or have to tear it apart to move). I also label all of the cables at each end to say where they go.

When the cable guy showed up with my HD box he found a schematic showing what to hook up to, found labelled wires and digital optical cable waiting to plug in and a labelled cable input all positioned in the cabinet where he needed to place the box. I didn't want him experimenting on my system.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.