Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:227
    Members:0
    Total of:227 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Color problem on 27FS100L Dashboard
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1,112
    Last Reply: February 25, 2004, 2:19 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    KirkB | boss_frog |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Color problem on 27FS100L
    boss_frog

Posted: 2004-02-25 01:10

Well, I just got my TV hooked up and what happens?  Apparently my 14 year old was paying close attention when I went into service mode to disable the red push.

I got out of the shower a while ago only to find him playing around in it!  I asked him what he messed with and he said just RDRV, RCUT, GDRV, GCUT, BDRV, and BCUT.  I guess he watched his friend from school messing with his a while back and thought he could get it looking good while I was in the shower!

Anyway, here's the situation.  Generally, I doesn't look too bad.  The only apparent problem is that the yellows are a little greenish and reds are slightly pinkish.  For a Simpsons fan such as myself, this will not do!  How do I remedy this?  What variables should I increase and what should I decrease? 

While I'm at it, could someone explain, or point me to an explaination of exactly what adjustments to the xDRV and xCUT variables do?  If I can understand exactly how they work, I think I have a better chance at ironing this thing out.

I was thinking I could get the Avia DVD from Walmart DVD rentals, but if I don't know exactly how the variables work, then I'm not sure how much help it would be.

No wonder I'm almost bald!

boss_frog

Posted: 2004-02-25 01:28

Perhaps the values themselves might help:

RDRV=85
    GDRV=40
    BDRV=60

RCUT=83
    GCUT=36
    BCUT=50

That's where he put them.  Is there anything obviously wrong with those proportions?  If anyone can help... PLEASE!

KirkB

Posted: 2004-02-25 01:41

Mine are set at

RDRV=64
    GDRV=43
    BDRV=58

RCUT=120 (that seems high but that's what it is)
    GCUT=67
    BCUT=62

Here is a link to generic service menu info with some setup instructions
    http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/sonyadj.html#list

a google search for servicemanuallite will get you excerpts from an older manual with more info.

Hope that makes Homer more lifelike.

boss_frog

Posted: 2004-02-25 01:44

Thanks Kirk, looks like a good starting point.  I'll let you know in a few minutes how it turns out.

boss_frog

Posted: 2004-02-25 01:58

Okay, it looks 10X better now.

The reds are now fairly intense, but the skin tones seem good.  The yellows still seem ever so slightly green to me, but that might be because I'm so used to the extra red making them look orangy.

Now that I have these values recorded, I can make minute adjustments from here.  Are the Avia DVDs for pros, BTW?

KirkB

Posted: 2004-02-25 02:19

These values likely will vary from set to set to account for each picture tube, so your lost settings were likely different.

Something you might try - when in service menu on the VP1 section - switch TV/Video to check the video1-4 inputs. Some of the data items in here have a different value for each input. Your original values might still be set there on a different input. When I got my set, SBRT was set lower in video4, and I could change the value just for that input. The *CUT and *DRV values are the same for each input on my set.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.