Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:190
    Members:0
    Total of:190 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index MD/CD/SACD

sacd no support its dead Dashboard
    Replies: 4 | Views: 1,237
    Last Reply: December 30, 2003, 4:46 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    duncan | rkkwan | thefaulkner | parney | ajs75 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author sacd no support its dead
    parney

Posted: 2003-12-29 14:00

after checking out the forums I thought I might pickup a sacd player to hook up to my da4es to see how good it sounded .so I went into the city to search for one only to discover that only two places even had a player but the funny thing was that neither dealer had any sacd disks not even one .So why would anyone even buy something that you cant buy disks for.I'll stick with cd and dvd format until sacds disks are on the shelves every where which I doubt you will see.

-----------------
    STR DA4ES,Bose VCS-10,B0se301's,Bose201's,Klipsh SF-1's,JBL E10's,BDP S550,sony SLV750HF,sony DVPNS725p,sony CDR-233,sony CDPCX355,SUBS soundstage,Veloydne 1500,Monster HTS 1600,Technics SL-Q202

ajs75

Posted: 2003-12-29 14:39

You can buy both SACDs and DVD-A disks at Best Buy.  That's pretty easy, right?  Amazon sells them.  Acoustic Sounds (http://store.acousticsounds.com/store.cfm?keywords=g_sacd) is also a good source.  Sony, Universal, Warner, etc. have web pages to tell you which releases are available in both formats and which new releases or reissues to expect in the future.

If the stores near you selling players didn't have SACDs even for demo purposes, then that's stupidity on their part.

I would say that SACD is supported and that support continues to grow based on the new releases and reissued/remastered disks that I have found.

Aron

-----------------
    Sony: STR-DA7ES, CDP-CA70ES
    Samsung: HL-P5685W, DVD-HD950
    B&W: DM602 S3, LCR60 S3, DM601 S3, ASW650
    Motorola: DCT-6412

rkkwan

Posted: 2003-12-29 15:38

SACD probably will not die because of the many hybrid SACD/CD production lines that are running or starting to run. More and more labels can go with a single-inventory hybrid releases.

At the store you're visiting, they may have any of the Rolling Stones or Bob Dylan remasters. Those are all hybrid SACDs, even though it doesn't say so on the Stones' packaging.

-----------------
    -Ray
    SCD-C222ES, Panasonic DVD-CP72, Rotel RCD-961
    B&W 601/2s3, Yamaha RX-V1300, HSU Research VTF-2
    Samsung TXM2796HF & SIR-T151

thefaulkner

Posted: 2003-12-29 17:50

Yeah, I ain't gonna buy one of them DVD players either...  Can't rent the buggers, nor can I find anywhere that can demo one properly...  It's also going to be replaced by this DIVX thing pretty quick.  I'll stick to VHS, cause it's good enough with me.

What, did you think that every city had an airport in 1907?  The Airplane had been around for 4 years already by then! 

It ain't dead, nor is it going away.  I don't want everyone to have SACD hardware and software, otherwise SACD will become like DVD - $29 crap hardware.

duncan

Posted: 2003-12-30 16:46

A point well made faulkner...

-----------------
    Sony: DVP-NS930V, STR-DB2000QS, CDP-XB930, SLV-X9, DCR-PC105E, DSC-T200, PS3 , NWZ-A829K, NWS 205. Other: Hitachi 42 Plasma, Samsung 40" LCD, SkyHD, Wii, Xbox 360 Speakers: KEF 2005.2

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.