Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:167
    Members:2
    Total of:169 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire48.8 min
    SONYESP0.2 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index DVD

Problems recording on DVD-R with my RDR-GX7. Dashboard
    Replies: 12 | Views: 7,215
    Last Reply: April 13, 2004, 6:41 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Sonydealer | Xyberbat | acdickson | santis06 | uva25 | JSF |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Problems recording on DVD-R with my RDR-GX7.
    santis06

Posted: 2003-12-08 22:11

Hi , I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem? I recently, purchased a Sony RDR-GX7 Recorder and I am encountering some problems. I am able to record without a hitch on all record speed modes with exception to LP speed. Just as the system gets to about 1 Hour and 13 minutes in recording I get an error code C1300 ....Disc is dirty or at times Disc is full please replace with a new Disc. On the other hand, when I put a DVD+RW disc, I am able to record on all speed modes.I am using Princo (Leda) version 2.0 DVD-R discs (which is giving me problems on LP speed mode) and Khypermedia 2.4x DVD+RW (no problem). Should I try 4x Discs? Or maybe a Disc cleaner? (Unless I have a defective machine.) Any recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thanks. (Note I have cleaned the lens to ensure that the system is not dirty.)

Sonydealer

Posted: 2003-12-09 11:30

I have been dealing with this problem also. And after talking with Engineers from sony, we are very very certain that it is a media issue. Don't use Sony discs nor the Princo discs. Or any disc that gives that error code. Memorex is the brand most people are saying has no problems. I am ordering some memorex DVD-R and will try them and see what happens. Sony engineers have also used Sony DVD-R , +RW, -RW discs that are not part of the bad batches and have not had this error code. Problems that could happen is C1300 disc is dirty error code when recording. Then it may state the disc is full or no disc in unit when neither is true. If that happens with your discs my suggestion now is to switch to memorex. You can probably expect a bulletin about the bad sony discs and a possible firmware update to be more accomodating to lower quality discs. I would expect the Media bulletin soon and the firmware later on when they can design it and prove it works. But no guarantees on the firmware update. So to recap: 95% chance it is not the unit but poor quality media instead. We shall see.

Edit: So don't use sony discs now because they have a problem with them. When they correct the problem which they will, you can use them again if you so choose.

[ This message was edited by: Sonydealer on 2003-12-09 11:32 ]

[ This message was edited by: Sonydealer on 2003-12-09 13:09 ]

Xyberbat

Posted: 2003-12-09 14:31

I had a similar issue on my GX7 with Nashua -R discs. 7 out of a batch of 10 would give the 'dirty disc' error.
    No problems with Ricoh based discs like Imation and Platinum, or Gigastorage -R.

Sonydealer

Posted: 2003-12-10 08:09

Update: After talking with techs from the Sony Logistics center, they had a problem only with the DVD-R media. - and +RW was fine. They have corrected the problem on all new -R's made. The problem now is knowing whether you have good or bad discs from Sony.

santis06

Posted: 2003-12-12 20:53

Hi, Are referring to Memorex DVD-R 4X? And thanks once again.

Sonydealer

Posted: 2003-12-13 18:42

Yes, the memorex 4X work fine so far. And the RDR-GX7 is capable of 4X disks. Other discs that have worked fine are Mitsui, and Maxell.

One other note. We got in a new batch of the Sony discs. The model is now DMR47L2 instead of DMR47L1 and on the front of the jacket it has 1X-4X. Those Sony discs work fine. But the Sony DMR47L1 DVD-R do not and C1300 error is likely to happen. So if your buying sony get the DMR47L2 or get another brand for now.

We have been using memorex and the new sony's for a couple days now and no problems. So 99.9% media problem.

uva25

Posted: 2003-12-31 10:53

I think I have the disks you are referring to.  So far I have only recorded about 30 minutes at the 2 hour rate on a -r.  I have not finalized it but have played it back on the rdr-gx7 without problem.  When would i seee a problem, if any before I scrap the blank dvds?

santis06

Posted: 2004-01-04 09:51

Hi, Happy New Year to everyone. I just got in some new discs from sop4tech.com and I have recorded 6 discs without any problems. I got them at bulk prices. Make sure you get 2.0 version and verify with comparison listing.  

santis06

Posted: 2004-01-04 09:51

Hi, Happy New Year to everyone. I just got in some new discs from sop4tech.com and I have recorded 6 discs without any problems. I got them at bulk prices. Make sure you get 2.0 version and verify with comparison listing.  

Sonydealer

Posted: 2004-01-06 12:29

UVA25,  if you are using the DMR47L1 and not L2 model number Sony DVD-R discs...best guess is 15-30 hours of recording it will take to see that problem.  That was the case with us. We had 3 RDR-GX7 units and we got each one out and the problem happened on all units after about 10/15-30 hours of recording.  Since I have posted last we have been using memorex and the DMR47L2 Sony discs with not one problem.  Most likely you won't see the problem if it is reading/playing the disc,  the main problem was/is C1300 disc is dirty when recording.  However there were a few rare cases where after that happened the unit locked up, and a few times it froze when finalizing the disc.  The solution was to unplug the unit for about a minute.  However remember if it locks up when finalizing you get to throw the disc away because probably the finalization was not complete, and the only unit that may read the disc is the GX7.  Also it will not allow you to finalize again, so the trash is the place for the disc. All these problems were caused by bad discs.

acdickson

Posted: 2004-03-30 12:55

I recently bought a Sony RDR-GX7 and was quite happily using Imation 4x DVD+RW disks to transfer old VHS videos onto my PC. However, I now get the the C1300 error on all 4 disks after 14 minutes. I probably have recorded on each on average 10 times. It wasn't a case of one stopped working, then the next some time later. The first one gave the error, then all the others did the same. I tried another Imation disk that had barely been used and this did the same. However, I have some TDK DVD-RW's (2x) and they are fine - but a pain to use (finalising required). I have tried formatting the disk in the GX7 and on a PC (quick format and full format), but the result is the same. Is this the same problem everyone else is having?

JSF

Posted: 2004-04-12 08:22

Hi !
    I have this problem to! but with DVD+RW media(verbatin, tdk,sentinel),only in LP mode.
    In the same case(box) some dvd+rw's records well others, don't.
    Is there an update (firmware) for the GX7 !

Kind Regards.
    Joaquim Fernandes

On 2003-12-09 11:30, Sonydealer wrote:
    I have been dealing with this problem also. And after talking with Engineers from sony, we are very very certain that it is a media issue. Don't use Sony discs nor the Princo discs. Or any disc that gives that error code. Memorex is the brand most people are saying has no problems. I am ordering some memorex DVD-R and will try them and see what happens. Sony engineers have also used Sony DVD-R , +RW, -RW discs that are not part of the bad batches and have not had this error code. Problems that could happen is C1300 disc is dirty error code when recording. Then it may state the disc is full or no disc in unit when neither is true. If that happens with your discs my suggestion now is to switch to memorex. You can probably expect a bulletin about the bad sony discs and a possible firmware update to be more accomodating to lower quality discs. I would expect the Media bulletin soon and the firmware later on when they can design it and prove it works. But no guarantees on the firmware update. So to recap: 95% chance it is not the unit but poor quality media instead. We shall see.

Edit: So don't use sony discs now because they have a problem with them. When they correct the problem which they will, you can use them again if you so choose.

[ This message was edited by: Sonydealer on 2003-12-09 11:32 ]

[ This message was edited by: Sonydealer on 2003-12-09 13:09 ]

acdickson

Posted: 2004-04-13 06:41

After buying some TDK DVD+RW's (4x) and found that they also stopped after 14 mins, I have returned my GX7 to the shop that I bought it from (Techtronics in the UK). I'm awaiting their response on what is wrong. I will post an update as soon as I hear something. I'm pretty confident that this isn't a bad media issue, as the problem came on instantly and now affects all disks - new and old - different makes.

[ This message was edited by: acdickson on 2004-04-13 06:43 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.