Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:228
    Members:1
    Total of:229 users
    MemberLogged
    SONYESP1.8 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Does any body has a good setting for DVD and game for KF50WE610? Dashboard
    Replies: 6 | Views: 1,181
    Last Reply: February 25, 2004, 11:26 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Toli | 4eyes | drone8888 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Does any body has a good setting for DVD and game for KF50WE610?
    4eyes

Posted: 2003-12-04 09:06

I just bought the TV and don't feel like I get the best out off it yet.

drone8888

Posted: 2004-02-24 21:38

Yeah, I got mine this morning, and tried to figure it out alone.

These guys love to read what we say, but they rarely help anyone with less than a hundred posts.

If you find out a good selection, let me know.

I don't want to void my warranty, so I'm gonna give Sony a call tomorrow, and have them optimize my set.

The components for my Gamecube really kick ass!

Good luck.

-----------------
    I can't wait to leave this dream. Once my mind dies, I will be free to reenter my whole self. To be my own music, reinventing each note.

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2004-02-24 22:29

4eyes- Welcome to Agoraquest.

4eyes/drone8888- Having a professional optimize you set is a little expensive-but I have heard that it's worth it. I'm happy with my picture after the calibration DVD. Why don't you guys first try a calibration DVD such as Video Essentials, AVIA, or the one I have Sound & Vision-I got it from bestbuy.com for $15.86 including tax, and free shipping. Also, DVDs like Finding Nemo and The Lion King have THX optimizers on them, and work pretty well. If you are unsatisfied with the picture, I bet this would make a difference for you.

-----------------
    KDL-52XBR6 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

drone8888

Posted: 2004-02-25 00:15

Good thing I have the Lion King!!

Anyways, I ordered the Digital Video Essentials, yesterday, as a matter of fact.

I'm just so hyped, though.

I want to get it pretty, real soon.

I just watched What Dreams May Come, and The Blue Planet-Coral Seas,......without the progressive scan turned on, on my player.

Now I'm really excited. To think that these movies looked so awesome without the PS.

Thanks for all of your support, since I've began here.

I appreciate it.

-----------------
    I can't wait to leave this dream. Once my mind dies, I will be free to reenter my whole self. To be my own music, reinventing each note.

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2004-02-25 08:44

drone8888- IMO the DVD's look better with the player set to 'interlaced' rather than 'progressive'. As you probably know, if set to 'progressive' the DVD player has to then convert the signal from digital to analog to allow it to pass through the component  connection. Then the KF-50WE610 converts the signal to the panel's native resolution of 788p. This IMO this might explain why the 'interlaced' picture looks better-at least to me. I have my satellite receiver set to output all signals in 720p, using the DVI, IMO the picture looks smoother than 1080i.

-----------------
    KDL-52XBR6 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

drone8888

Posted: 2004-02-25 10:39

Yeah, I just tried the Animatrix, with progressive on.

WOW! Thats what comes too mind.

It looked so amazing.

My only concern is, using VIVID.

I feel it may burn out a pixel, or strain the bulb. It is ridiculously, VIVID.

How do you feel using VIVID??

Have you messed with the geometry, on your set yet??

If so, has it enhanced the quality of your inputs??

Let me know.

Thanks Toli, you're awesome!

-----------------

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2004-02-25 11:26

drone8888- I don't use the 'VIVID' setting-just use the 'STANDARD' setting-I adjusted the 'STANDARD' setting with the Sound & Vision calibration DVD. I like the way it looks now. I know people have done it successfully, but I have read posts from many people that have went into the service menu, and then were back on here looking for help because thier picture was screwed up. Some might disagree with this-but unless I was trained as a tech, I would stay out of the service menu-unless the TV was seriously out of adjustment and it was out of warranty.

Also, this is my opinion, but I think you'll find setting the DVD player to interlaced will give you the better picture.

BTW-If you didn't know-when you make adjustments on the video modes i.e. 'STANDARD', the hold for all the inputs as well.

- Toli KF-50WE610, STR-DA7ES, SAT-HD200, DVP-NS715P; KLIPSCH KSF-10.5(2), KSF-S5(2), KSF-C5, KSW-15, XBOX

[ This message was edited by: Toli on 2004-02-25 11:29 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.