Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:156
    Members:2
    Total of:158 users
    MemberLogged
    mhedges0.0 min
    jttar8.1 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index MD/CD/SACD

Wanting an SCD-222es Dashboard
    Replies: 3 | Views: 1,075
    Last Reply: December 3, 2003, 1:22 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    rkkwan | slobeatz | bhealy |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Wanting an SCD-222es
    bhealy

Posted: 2003-12-03 01:23

I was just looking through all of the archives about info for the 222.

It sounds like a good player and I know that Ray has it.

Any new info about it that I should know about?

I know its a rare player nowadays.

I'm gonna try to get from Oade, I think.

slobeatz

Posted: 2003-12-03 09:20

I also have the 222 and I love it. It is a little loud when changing discs, but I can live with that. The sound of SACD is amazing. I especially like classical music on it, such as Mozart and I'm 23, go figure. I think someone had mentioned that you couldn't turn the display off, but when I used the remote that came with my 4ES, it turned the display off. I tried Oade, but they said they didn't have it anymore because it was discontinued. They suggested the new DVP555ES(?), but it only comes in silver. I also tried about 3 other web-stores, but they gave the same response. I happened to get lucky and found it in a local stereo shop. I got the last one, the display model for $400. It comes with the 5 year warranty so I really didn't mind that it was the display model.
    For new info, I would look up info on the 555 and the 777 in the forums, there was some problem about one of them that may effect the 222 also. I would suggest going to a local store and seeing if they have any. Good luck.

-----------------
    Sony STR-DA4ES, DVP-NS999ES, SCD-C222ES, DVP-NS400D, JBL: S310 II, N28 II(2 pair),SCenter II, S120PII; Infocus X1, Toshiba 27A41, Panamax 4300.

rkkwan

Posted: 2003-12-03 12:15

You can turn the display off using the remote that comes with the 222. The display is only off when the disc is playing. When it's finished, the display lights up again.

-----------------
    -Ray
    SCD-C222ES, Panasonic DVD-CP72, Rotel RCD-961
    B&W 601/2s3, Yamaha RX-V1300, HSU Research VTF-2
    Samsung TXM2796HF & SIR-T151

slobeatz

Posted: 2003-12-03 13:22

oh...i never realized that...sorry.

-----------------
    Sony STR-DA4ES, DVP-NS999ES, SCD-C222ES, DVP-NS400D, JBL: S310 II, N28 II(2 pair),SCenter II, S120PII; Infocus X1, Toshiba 27A41, Panamax 4300.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.