Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:165
    Members:0
    Total of:165 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

KP51ws500 Convergence Dashboard
    Replies: 7 | Views: 8,104
    Last Reply: May 23, 2005, 12:48 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Djuby | fusion | bertha | alexworden | timmyle | mcheddadi |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author KP51ws500 Convergence
    bertha

Posted: 2003-10-23 17:36

After my flicker problems were fixed, I noticed that every time I turn my television back on after it has been off for a while, there is Red and Blue bleeding from white letters (really noticable on DirecTV menu). When I go into PJE mode in the service menu, the convergence is way off. Even after converging and saving in all modes (Full, Zoom, etc.) the problem keeps reappearing. By the way, I also push Flash Focus while in the PJE category in Full mode to re-register.

Am I doing something wrong or am I not saving my convergence correctly?

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks

fusion

Posted: 2003-10-24 12:13

MAN!!!

I have the same freaken issue. I have the Sony KP57WS500. I also had the tubes changed out about 1 month ago. The tech did the convergence for me, and all was well. The next day it was off, so i reconverged and flash focused for all zooms etc. I have done this to the tee numerouse times, but the next day my red and blue are off again. Good to see it's not just me with this problem; but still sucks. I am looking for solutions and will post; any help is appreciated.

[ This message was edited by: fusion on 2003-10-24 12:30 ]

bertha

Posted: 2003-10-24 16:33

Well Fusion, at least I'm glad it's not just me. Hopefully one of us will find out something. I know I'm tired of having to redo the convergence.

Good Luck

alexworden

Posted: 2003-10-24 17:20

Hi,

I suspect I'm getting this problem too. I have all three tubes replaced about 3 weeks ago. The tech spent ages setting the convergence etc. 1 week later it was badly out so I fixed it. I swear I had everything perfect and again yesterday it was out again. I presume this is the tubes 'breaking in' and I hope it will settle down soon...

Does anyone have the service manual for the KP51WS500? I'd love to understand exactly what I'm doing in that service menu...

If you do - please post it to me or let me know where I can get it.

Thanks,

Alex

fusion

Posted: 2003-10-28 09:17

Hey,

I have noticed something. The next day, after I turn on the tv, the convergence is off as usual. Well yesterday and today I just left it as is, without converging because I am just tired of doing it. Then after about 30 min of viewing, the convergence is fine. No red or blue lines bleeding through. I confirmed twice now. Could this be the tubes breaking in? Or does the tv just have to warm up? What ever the case may be, it clears up on its own. See if this works you you...

[ This message was edited by: fusion on 2003-10-28 09:18 ]

timmyle

Posted: 2003-11-22 00:29

I don't have same model, but this is only thread i found where my problem is the same. I had the flicker overhaul. Now i got the blue shadow on left side. Does anyone know if Sony has an answer? My service man also spent a long time getting it right, but it returned next day.

Djuby

Posted: 2005-05-11 14:41

Fusion,

Can you please tell me how to fix convergence on the SONY KP-51WS500 and save it to the Flash Focus button? The tech didn't do a good job after changing the tubes and I have the red and blue shadows. Warming up doesn't fix the problem. Thank you in advance.

Djuby

mcheddadi

Posted: 2005-05-23 12:48

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ws500/
    Here is the Service Manual for Your Sony KPxx-Ws500 Models, plus some tweaks in the "Files" section.
    Cheers!

[ This message was edited by: mcheddadi on 2005-05-23 12:49 ]

[ This message was edited by: mcheddadi on 2005-05-23 12:53 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.