Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:232
    Members:1
    Total of:233 users
    MemberLogged
    jwakefield0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index MD/CD/SACD

Sony C8ESD 5 disc CD player problems Dashboard
    Replies: 3 | Views: 1,651
    Last Reply: January 22, 2004, 6:34 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Maxxwire | GaryWGraley |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Sony C8ESD 5 disc CD player problems
    GaryWGraley

Posted: 2004-01-17 19:44

I've owned this one a while, still plays well, but has problems with the mechanical mech that transports the disks. When it goes to the next disk, the tray wants to come open part way or all the way some times. Then it some times wants to just sit and oscillate between disks and never settle on a disk and I have to turn off the power to try and clear it.
    I've opened the cabinet but didn't see anything overtly wrong, figure it must be some kind of location sensor that went bad?
    Is it worth fixing? and is there a place that is reliable to fix such a player, long ago paid a considerable sum, now a days they seem to go for so much less!
    Help...
    G2

GaryWGraley

Posted: 2004-01-21 16:54

Brought it in to work today to take up to the stereo shop, they said they'd look at it and let me know before fixing it.
    But I took it apart one more time, and repaired it myself.

Removed the bottom plate...found a nickel in there btw!
    Removed two small boards that are next to the main board.
    One towards the back has a sliding spring loaded switch, that is the one that tells the system that the drawer is in or out. This switch has a snap on side cover so you can...carefully!...remove and look inside. There I found corroded contacts, cleaned them and the contacts as well and reassembled the unit and works perfectly again! Much relieved, saved me over an hours drive plus what ever they would have charged to figure out the problem and possibly repair it, plus the drive BACK to get it as well...

G2

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2004-01-21 23:08

G2- It sounds like you came out way more than 5 cents ahead this time. Its good that you could save your CD player yourself because the $500 you probably paid for it surely wouldn't buy the same kind of build quality these days.

-Maxx

-----------------
    A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

GaryWGraley

Posted: 2004-01-22 06:34

• Member Quote

On 2004-01-21 23:08, Maxxwire wrote:
    G2- It sounds like you came out way more than 5 cents ahead this time. Its good that you could save your CD player yourself because the $500 you probably paid for it surely wouldn't buy the same kind of build quality these days.

-Maxx

Maxx that was exactly what I paid, you are right on the money, no pun intended ! and Yes it is a solid unit, glad to have her back together and operating smoothly again!

Word of caution to anyone attempting to work on their own multiple disk player...remove the disks inside before you tilt the player ;-]
    G2

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.