Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:254
    Members:0
    Total of:254 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: Maxxwire
    Agoraquest Forum Index Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables

My TA-DA9000ES for sale - sob! Dashboard
    Replies: 33 | Views: 20,666
    Last Reply: January 6, 2009, 1:06 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Maxxwire | Toli | mykyll2727 | Audio | bizzibee | SonyCIS | morksbeanbag | Welwynnick | OPCAR | Mrman | ramnara |
    This thread topic spans 3 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 )
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author My TA-DA9000ES for sale - sob!
    Welwynnick

Posted: 2008-04-23 16:18

You know what I think about my DA9000ES, so having to sell it is proving to be very painful.  Having to "make do" with a DA7100ES does soften the blow of course, but this really will be a personal loss.  It's on UK ebay here, and it's getting an amazing amount of interest already.  

Maybe there will be a 9100 or 9200 outside of Japan some time, but I'm not too hopeful about that.  Digital amplifiers are gaining ground pretty quickly, and I don't think that's going to stop.  It would be a shame if Sony didn't develop and capitalise on their success with S-MasterPro.  Digital audio chain from input to output, and no negative feedback to spoil anything.  What a recipie.  

I just hope you guys don't think I'm letting you down.

All the best,  Nick

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2008-04-23 23:21

Nick- It is sad indeed that you are having to part with your beloved DA9000ES, but at least you did have the pleasure of owning it and you will be fortunate in that you will still be able to enjoy your DA7100ES.

~Maxx~

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2008-04-24 15:19

Welwynnick,

I am also sad to hear about your TA-DA9000ES, I hope that you find it a good home.

If I may ask, why did you decide to sell the DA9000ES and keep the DA7100ES? Is it because the TA-DA9000ES lacks HDMI connections?

Toli

-----------------
    KDL-52XBR6 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

Mrman

Posted: 2008-04-25 04:40

Welwynnick - I became an owner of this great amp recently ... and realizing what it means to the overall performance of the sound I can understand your loss - like Toli I wonder what was the reason behind?  

I had some thoughts about the lack of HDMI when I saw mine, but decided to go for it anyway. Part of the reason was, that finding another used Sony-amp in gold would be quite difficult ...

------------
    Sony:
    TA-DA9000ES
    TA-N90ES - The Golden Beast
    CDP-XA50ES
    DVP-NS900V
    ------------
    4 x KEF Q7
    1 x KEF Q9c
    ------------

[ This message was edited by: Mrman on 2008-04-25 05:43 ]

Welwynnick

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:09

• Member Quote

On 2008-04-24 15:19, Toli wrote:
    Welwynnick,

I am also sad to hear about your TA-DA9000ES, I hope that you find it a good home.

If I may ask, why did you decide to sell the DA9000ES and keep the DA7100ES? Is it because the TA-DA9000ES lacks HDMI connections?

Toli

-----------------
    Nick
    I need the money I'm afraid.  My wife decided to take a career change, so she's gone back to university and is training to become a midwife.  We need the money now, so I'm selling my lovely red 540i on autotrader, plus my BDP-S1 as well.  My intention is to stick with a PS3 + 7100ES  for a couple of year, so things could be worse!  

I'm fascinated by the interest in the DA9000 though.  Bidding is still low, but I've lots of questions, many of them from round Europe.  And get this - there are now 52 watchers.  I've never heard of so many, I suppose it's a measure of the amps real quality and scarcity. I think this is a bit of a message to Sony, about what's relly important to people about their products.

BR,   Nick

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:39

Welwynnick,

I can definately understand your situation. But why did you decide to sell the TA-DA9000ES instead of the STR-DA7100ES?

Toli

-----------------
    KDL-52XBR6 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

Welwynnick

Posted: 2008-04-25 11:23

• Member Quote

On 2008-04-25 10:39, Toli wrote:
    Welwynnick,

I can definately understand your situation. But why did you decide to sell the TA-DA9000ES instead of the STR-DA7100ES?

Toli

-----------------
    Nick
    Simple: I'm down-grading.  The 9000 is worth rather more than the 7100.

Nick

OPCAR

Posted: 2008-04-25 14:55

Nick -I'm really sorry to hear that you have to go apart with your Sony gear. It's always sad.

Toli -I think it's because of multi channel LPCM from PS3 through HDMI to DA7100ES.

Danijel

[ This message was edited by: OPCAR on 2008-04-25 15:00 ]

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2008-04-25 17:59

• Member Quote

On 2008-04-25 14:55, OPCAR wrote:

Toli -I think it's because of multi channel LPCM from PS3 through HDMI to DA7100ES.
    Danijel

OPCAR,

This is what I was thinking, that maybe it was an HDMI related issue. But from from Nick has said it seems to be that the DA9000ES is a more expensive piece.

Toli

-----------------

OPCAR

Posted: 2008-04-25 19:21

• Member Quote

On 2008-04-25 17:59, Toli wrote:
    • Member Quote

On 2008-04-25 14:55, OPCAR wrote:

Danijel

OPCAR,

This is what I was thinking, that maybe it was an HDMI related issue. But from from Nick has said it seems to be that the DA9000ES is a more expensive piece.

Toli

-----------------
    2x STR-DA7100ES, 2x DVP-NS9100ES, 2x SS-X90ED, 7x SS-X70ED, 1x SS-CNX70, 4x SS-X30ED, 1x SA-WX900, 1x SA-WX700, ....

Well, that's another possibility...

Danijel

Welwynnick

Posted: 2008-04-26 06:37

HDMI is such a con that it makes me spit feathers, and the SQ compared with ilink is unacceptable, but there's no denying its convenience.  If the 9000 had HDMI I doubt I would be able to part with it.   More to the point, I doubt I would have bought the 7100 in the first place! That was only really out of curiosity - I wanted to see what was the difference for myself.  At some point in the future I'll get a receiver with HD codecs and see what the fuss is about.  I wouldn't expect anything to beat the 7100, but I'll keep an open mind.  The 7100 is surprisingly good with LPCM, but of course that's only from Blu-ray - the 9000 is better with all other sources.

BR,   Nick

[ This message was edited by: Welwynnick on 2008-04-26 06:37 ]

bizzibee

Posted: 2008-04-26 07:25

Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear you are selling your TA-DA9000ES. I'm currently using aPS3 for Blu Ray (Toslink Audio only). However I'm going to get one ofthe new Sony BDP-S550 when they are released mid year. It will have 7.1Analog outputs, Ethernet port and BD-Live etc. So I will use the 7.1 ADC inputs on my TA-DA9000ES for Blu Ray movie soundtracks.   

By the way, have you update your PS3 Firmware to version 2.30, which will convert DTS-HD Master Audio to LPCM via HDMI?

Anyway good luck with your auction. The only way I'd part with myTA-DA9000ES is if it died and was unrepairable. Or Sony released a newFlagship like a TA-DA9200ES etc.  But that's not going to happen.   So I guess I'll be sticking with my TA-DA9000ES for a long time. I only have one system for Music & Movies (unlike you).

Take care!

Kindest Regards

Mark

-----------------
    NEC XG-1350G CRT Projector
    NEC XG-852 CRT Projector
    DVDO VP50 Processor
    Sony KV-HR36M31 36" HDTV
    Sony TA-DA9000ES
    Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner
    Sony CDP-CX235 (200 CD Juke Box)
    Pioneer DV-S969AVi
    Infinity Kappa Speakers (Front)
    Boston (Rear)

[ This message was edited by: bizzibee on 2008-04-26 07:25 ]

[ This message was edited by: bizzibee on 2008-04-26 07:27 ]

Welwynnick

Posted: 2008-05-30 12:37

Hi mark,

Good to hear from you again, and I'm especially pleased to see you've got a DVDO VP50 scaler instead of that CS-1.  That must be a fantastic upgrade, like when I upgraded from my CS-1 to a Calibre VantageHD.

Well, I guess I've got a terrible confession to make.  I think I may have made a mistake by sellling my DA9000, though I'm sure you all knew that anyway.  I never really compared the 7100 & 9000 in detail until the 9000 went onto ebay.  I had always thought that the 9000 was slightly better overall, but that the 7100 was significantly better with Blu-ray.

For a while my system wan't optimsed, with an asymmetric speaker set-up, and little opportunity for the amps to "stretch their legs" if you catch my drift.  Well, I did some more time, and indulged in some good music.  I think I began to recognise some of my less enthusiastic initial impressions of the 7100, which I heard at a show, being rather over-driven in a large room.  It wasn't obviously distorted, but just seemed uncomfortable, and at home I found better sounds from lower level listening.

When compared with the 9000 at higher levels, the differences were all too obvious.  (I'm not talking silly loudness here -  volume to between -15 and -10.)  The 7100 somehow made it seem like the speakers were the limiting element in my system, yet with the 9000, those limitations were quite forgotten.  I do remember feeling that I upgraded my speakers to something altogether superior when I first got my 9000.  The 9000 made me want to listen to more and more music, for longer and louder and louder.......

With the 7100, good as it is, I wanted to call it a day much sooner.  The enthusiasm and involvement weren't there, and there was less relaxation, more strain, more agression (especially in the bass), yet less excitement.  The 9000 made me jump out of my seat at the appropriate times, and had a way of opening up the soundstage beyond the speakers.

Of course the 7100 fights back surprisingly well with LPCM over HDMI, and would have the advantage over analogue 5.1 or 7.1 inputs to the 9000.  I think those advantages are nullified to some extent at higher volumes though, and it's then a matter of taste: transparency versus refinement.

What a sad confession,   Nick

Welwynnick

Posted: 2008-09-06 19:12

Well, here's another confession that I can hardly believe.  And if you're a regular round here, you won't either.

I just bought another TA-DA9000ES, I just couldn't live without it.  A fellow forum member on the UK AVForums sold his black DA9k, and he was only a few miles away, by an extraordinary stroke of luck.  More remarkably, no-one else on AVF was interested, so I bided my time and eventually negotiated my way down from GBP650 (good enough to bite his hand off) down to GBP375.  

More remarkably, since there are relatively few units in the UK, I was surprised to see another one listed on ebay today.  However, there was already a bid of 650 on that, and the auction doesn't end until tomorrow.  Hoping that "my" seller didn't notice this in the meantime, I grabbed a wallet of cash and hot-footed it round tonight.  So I'm now the proud owner of an immaculate black TA-DA9000ES.  Again.

Since I bought my first one in 2005 for about 1000, and sold it for about 1000 earlier this year, I'm feeling pretty smug right now.  

Very, very, very, happy indeed.

Nick   :-)

[ This message was edited by: Welwynnick on 2008-09-06 19:22 ]

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2008-09-07 05:01

Nick- So glad to hear that your initial sad story has turned out to have such a happy ending! You are very fortunate to have found such a deep appreciation for your Ultimate Receiver so early on in that I know a fellow who had such a difficult time making this same decision that it took him from Transistors to Thermionics and back again a total of 10 times before he was as totally convinced about his decision as you are about your second round with the amazing DA9000ES which not only looks as good as it sounds, but looks as good inside as it does from the outside. Sony definately isn't making them like that anymore!

~Maxx~

-----------------
    A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

This topic thread spans 3 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 )

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.