Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:234
    Members:1
    Total of:235 users
    MemberLogged
    jwakefield0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

sony kp-57ws520 10 and 5 blinking lights Dashboard
    Replies: 7 | Views: 4,748
    Last Reply: December 5, 2010, 12:47 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jehill | fwhaskins | geoffnash |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author sony kp-57ws520 10 and 5 blinking lights
    fwhaskins

Posted: 2010-11-29 23:33

Hi I have read some of the posts about my Sony KP-57WS520
    and the blinking codes. My problem goes like this.

If I leave the tv off for a few days it will come on and work fine,now if I turn it off and then try to turn it right back on it will not turn on. I get audio but no picture. Now when the audio quits it shuts down and gives me the codes. It will give me the 10 blink code but also if I turn it on again it will give a 5 blink code and if I turn it on again after the audio quits it will give me the 10  blink code. It will alternate. I am some what confused about the board locations and exactly what boards are in my tv, and the diode numbers. I know there are three boards. But from left to right which is which?
    Also what diodes would be on my board that I could try to put some heat to them to see about getting a temp fix,if that is my problem. I really could use some help here before I go nuts with no tv.

Where exactly are these diodes located on the board I am having trouble finding a D6301 and D6116 diode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I read about some kind of voltage adjustment from the lower front panel. What would be the correct way to turn this and whats the correct way to adjust them.

Thanks for your time.

[ This message was edited by: fwhaskins on 2010-11-29 23:34 ]

[ This message was edited by: fwhaskins on 2010-11-29 23:40 ]

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2010-11-30 18:41

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Try doing a little reading.  Take a look at this thread.

geoffnash

Posted: 2010-12-01 12:56

Hello jehill,
    I have almost the exact same problem as fwhaskins. I wish it was the "9 blink" problem, because that looks like a common problem. But this is definitely a 10 blink error. My wife confirmed it, since I wondered if I was counting correctly. Then, when I hit the power button, the TV 'clicks' and gives me a repeating 5 blink sequence. If I hit power again, 'click' followed by another 10 blink sequence ... back to 5, back to 10, etc. etc. From the service manual, this isn't a G Board issue. The 10 blink error is either Q8014 or Q8013 and R8051 on the D Board ... OR ... IC8005 damaged, also on the D Board. The 5 blink error is one of a) CR, CG or CB Boards, b) A board, or c) G2 board.  Whew ... I don't want to have to replace everything. Any ideas on where to begin here? Thanks in advance!

geoffnash

Posted: 2010-12-02 09:23

So ... last night I tried a "fix" that someone had posted on another thread. He said he had accidentally hit the "reset" button followed by the "on" button while fiddling with his remote. I tried it and voila! I had picture and sound all of last night. This morning, however, I am back to my original problem, but now it is exactly the same as fwhaskins, as I get sound for a moment and then it clicks off again. I may have ghosts in my house, but do I now have a ghost in the machine?

fwhaskins

Posted: 2010-12-03 14:16

I reflowed the solder on the D6301 diode to no avail. Don't know for sure how good of a job I did.
    When reflowing to solder is it best to just remove it then resolder it? Or is reflowing it good enough? Thanks

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2010-12-03 17:32

Reflowing it is good enough.

fwhaskins

Posted: 2010-12-04 09:34

Does anyone know if you can just get the proper parts at a radio shack to replace the parts for a 10 blink error. The parts on the D board? Thanks

geoffnash

Posted: 2010-12-05 12:47

Reflowing would work if the problem was with the G Board, but this isn't a G Board issue, unless I'm reading the service manual incorrectly, which I have been known to do. I'd also be interested in knowing if the D Board is repairable. I've seen a service on eBay that rebuilds G Boards for about $60, but not for the D. I've also called a couple of local TV repair shops and surprise, surprise, they say its not as simple as just replacing a board ... I need to bring the TV into the shop so they can properly service it. That is out of the question, since I can buy a new LCD of the same size for what I think it will cost a repair shop to fix it. I don't want a new TV, I want THIS one.
    An update on my TV. It came on two days ago, so I have left it on. I suppose I'll leave it on until after Christmas when I'm sure I can pick something up ridiculously cheap ... well, cheap when I think of the $2K I paid for my Sony.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.