Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:198
    Members:1
    Total of:199 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

KV-32HS510 6 and 7 blinks Dashboard
    Replies: 3 | Views: 1,704
    Last Reply: February 16, 2010, 9:54 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    camali77 | Auto_pilot |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author KV-32HS510 6 and 7 blinks
    Auto_pilot

Posted: 2010-02-01 00:30

I have a sony tv that stopped working after shutting it off one night.  My wife tried the next day to turn it on and only got the blinking from the standby LED.

I am getting 6 and 7 blinks.  Mostly 6 lately.

I have replaced the two chips IC6501 and IC8002. Those two did nothing to help my issue.  I started looking around and thought I found a bad capacitor but when I unsoldered it, it showed the correct value.

I ended up checking the fusible resistors R6526 and R8051  
    The first checked fine, but the second R8051 showed high resistance.  I am obviously thinking that is the problem, but what could make that blow?  I want to check the mosfets Q8013 and Q8104 down the line from there. Can someone give me steps on how to check them effectively?  

I don't think that a current draw issue before the resistor could be the problem because the other resistor is fine and they are attached to the same power source.

Any direction on checking the fets would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Auto_pilot

Posted: 2010-02-01 22:16

Ok,  I have been looking at the circuit some more.  I started at the AC input on the board and then first relay.  It is working fine.  The second one is not doing anything anymore so when I hit the on button, I only get the first 3 blinks and the TV shuts down without any diagnostic codes.  I am looking (which should be DC) I am getting nothing.  I even checked ground to each pin and no voltage.  I am curious if the large capacitors charge up when the tv is just plugged in or do they sit waiting for the initial push of the on button?  If anyone can check to see if they get a DC voltage on the outer two pins, I would appreciate it.  I swapped the fusible resistor that was good with the bad one and temporarily replaced the other with a metal film resistor (which is fusible) to be able to get the voltage past the one that blew and the otehr is holding up fine.

Auto_pilot

Posted: 2010-02-03 21:52

I have come down to the ac rectifier , one set of mosfets and a fusible resistor.  Will get parts in next week.  Hopefully I will report back that my TV is back up and running.

camali77

Posted: 2010-02-16 09:54

Hi :

Ihave the same problems as your TV same Model, did you find out what had wrong, did you fix it. I replaced the two MCZ IC's but no picture or sound.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.