Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:202
    Members:0
    Total of:202 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index » » Television Configuration

SONY TV SERVICE MANUALS AND SERVICE CODES Dashboard
    Replies: 189 | Views: 94,840
    Last Reply: December 14, 2002, 11:19 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    chanlon | ptran | SgtGhost | paulaceto | jhendrickx | NightG1 | noizemaker | cathandler | swise | ffaliero | ioart2002 | sizam | Hawkie | paki | mattfrazer | rodfeli | JDR | florinaperis | HereticPB | kiran | sfurrer | Halon_X | reubenray | erknee1 | yannCA | 7ronko | CHuvilla_Man | mr_roboto | ...
    This thread topic spans 13 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author SONY TV SERVICE MANUALS AND SERVICE CODES
    ffaliero

Posted: 2002-05-23 00:41

Can anyone traduce the service codes ??

The Sony tech´s only have the Service Manual with a simple list of the 256 codes and no more. I have a complete copy of that codes, but aprox. 200 have no explanation at all and the Sony tech´s say me that they not know the use of that 200 codes.

Is really a CIA matter ?, seems a Sony misconception about the facilities and the publicity on them !!!!
    Bad thing if the users after pay a lot of $ need to converge in a external forum to solve the problems in place of Sony people. The last solution is change the tv set and start again; better to start changing the tv set in each tech visit and we and Sony will be happy.
    In my opinion this a global problem with Sony, and the best solution is to push Sony in each country to solve this.

I propose to send each posted topic to Sony and push to solve all the problems with a clear procedure.

paulaceto

Posted: 2002-05-23 07:12

Keep in mind that the service menu is intended for trained service personnel. The savvy user may be able to figure out what some entries do, but he changes them at his own risk. If you don't have the training and equipment to perform these adjustments, you could only end up making matters worse. True, Sony should support their products and they should deliver them in perfect condition. If a product is not working correctly, insist that the seller make things right. I have not been a supporter of extended service contracts in the past but after seeing the complexity of home theater systems, I'm a believer now.

ffaliero

Posted: 2002-05-23 18:11

The real problem is: neither the untrained people nor the Sony tech´s people knows what the codes mean. Imagine a tech boy in front of a service manual for finally touch the same 20 knowed codes (basic geometry, etc.).
    I am concerned about the Sony policies regarding the customer satisfaction; i am really disapointed with the tech capacities to calibrate the tv set.
    Again, this is a old matter and now, in 2002, Sony repeats the same situation that we have in 1970 with B&W tv sets.

rodfeli

Posted: 2002-07-19 08:54

Hi Francisco,

Please, email me your exact TV set model and I will send you the service manual. (I think I obtain it!!!)

Rod.

Halon_X

Posted: 2002-07-19 14:07

Hola Rod!!

Crees que podras conseguirme el mio?? Mi modelo es el KV-27FS13.

rodfeli

Posted: 2002-07-19 14:48

Hi Halon_x,

I will try... email me and I will send you a link...

Rod.

Halon_X

Posted: 2002-07-20 20:38

What's your e-mail?? Mine's clicking here)
    " target="_new">
    (Email Address will not display unless member has 100 posts or is a Premium Member, see the great benefits premium member have by clicking here)

rodfeli

Posted: 2002-07-22 13:40

Sorry... Check your mail...

jhendrickx

Posted: 2002-07-28 07:47

Hi Rod, I'm looking for the Service manual for a Sony Wega KV-29FS17 (similar to KV-27FS17), but here in Venezuela the only place where I found it wanted $100 to give me a copied material!!. I want to adjust my TV to get the most from it!.

Thanks in advance,
    Jean H//
    clicking here)
    " target="_new">
    (Email Address will not display unless member has 100 posts or is a Premium Member, see the great benefits premium member have by clicking here)

7ronko

Posted: 2002-07-28 14:53

hi rodfeli i have some probs with geometry on my kv-29fx66.. could u send me the service manual if u have it?.... thanx alot

florinaperis

Posted: 2002-07-28 15:12

Hi there Rodfeli. I also have some problems with geometry on my KV-29FX30E. Could you send me the service manual, if you have it?

Thank you,

-----------------
    peris@peris.net

[ This message was edited by: florinaperis on 2002-07-28 15:13 ]

rodfeli

Posted: 2002-07-29 10:30

Check your mails!
    7ronko: I have not got your email... sorry...

Rod.

CHuvilla_Man

Posted: 2002-07-29 11:10

How about the KV29LS60B service code?
    Does anyone now it?
    clicking here)
    ">

7ronko

Posted: 2002-07-30 16:40

ehm sorry rod
    my mail is clicking here)
    " target="_new">

thx!!!!!!!!!

kingarthur

Posted: 2002-08-08 04:35

Hi all.

Mine is KV29FX60E (PAL, 4:3, 100 Hz), and as you can imagine I've also horizontal geometry problems.

Rod, do you Know how to get the service manual for this model?, (I'll email you for this subject)

Thanks

This topic thread spans 13 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.