New Mini DV Handycam® Offers 1.5 Mega-Pixel Image
Sony Electronics continues to lead the way in camcorder innovations with the introduction of a new high-performance Mini DV Digital Handycam.
The DCR-TRV30’s 1.5 mega-pixel imager raises the bar by delivering up to 530 lines of horizontal resolution and stunning 1360 X 1020 digital still images; superb image quality for a single CCD camcorder.
To enhance the 1.5 mega-pixel imager, Sony has incorporated an intelligent pop-up flash to help capture crisp still images in difficult lighting situations. In Digital Still Memory Mode, the intelligent pop-up flash system communicates with the camera for the optimum exposure, virtually eliminating overexposed or underexposed digital still images. The intelligent flash has four modes to accommodate different shooting environments: automatic, automatic with red-eye reduction, forced flash or no flash.
Consumers also have a choice when shooting to use either the precision color viewfinder or the 3.5” precision SwivelScreen™ LCD monitor each providing more detail and clarity of subjects.
MPEG Movie Mode, USB Connectivity and Imaging Software
MPEG Movie mode allows the capture of up to 60 seconds of video and audio in the Video E-mail mode (160 x 112 resolution), or up to 15 seconds in the Presentation mode (320 x 240 resolution). These “mini-movies” are ideal video resolutions for attaching to e-mails, inserting images into Web pages and including in presentation materials.
The DCR-TRV30 offers three different ways to record MPEG video. First, a convenient MPEG conversion feature allows consumers to select up to 60 seconds of recorded videotape and convert it to an MPEG movie. Second, consumers can shoot an MPEG movie “on location” when the moment is just right. Finally, through the DCR-TRV30 Audio/Video inputs, video can be imported from an external source – such as a VHS deck, Video Walkman® VCR or analog camcorder — and converted to an MPEG movie and saved to the supplied Memory Stick® media for easy transfer to a PC or other Memory Stick media-enabled device.
The DCR-TRV30 Handycam camcorder incorporates a Universal Serial Bus (USB) connector. With the supplied USB cable, the camcorders can transport images and MPEG video to a compatible PC twenty times faster than camcorders with only a serial interface.
Additionally, Sony supplies MGI PhotoSuite® and MGI VideoWave® software to facilitate the transfer of digital still images and MPEG movies from the camcorder to a PC. With this software, camcorder users can perform a variety of imaging enhancements, including color alteration, drawing and more.
The DCR-TRV30 is equipped with a number of superb performance features that include:
· Carl Zeiss™ Vario-Sonnar Lens – Carl Zeiss lens have an advanced optical multi-layer coating offering less glare and flare with increased contrast. This results in vivid image brilliance, true-to-life color saturation, and perfect renditions of subtle tones.
· Progressive Shutter System – A mechanical shutter system that provides Progressive Scan performance. The result is clearer, sharper images with excellent definition.
· 10X Optical/120X Precision Digital Zoom – Sony’s optical zoom not only brings the action upclose but the precision digital zoom uses interpolation technology so digital zooming is cleaner with less distortion than conventional digital zooms.
Worry-Free Recording and Performance Camcorder Features
· i.LINK® Digital Video Interface — i.LINK® (IEEE 1394) DV interface allows for high speed bi-directional digital communication between two devices equipped with IEEE 1394 DV interface, including digital camcorders, digital VTRs and PCs*.
· InfoLithium® Battery with AccuPower™ System — All Sony Handycam camcorders conveniently indicate the remaining minutes of battery life on the LCD or viewfinder display, allowing users to keep an accurate and constant reading of remaining battery power.
Super LaserLink® Wireless Transmission system — Uses infrared light to make a wireless playback connection from the camcorder to the optional receiver and your television up to 26 feet away.
· Super NightShot® O Lux Recording system — Captures video in total darkness up to 10 feet away by using an advanced infrared system. Super NightShot recording employs an automatic slow-shutter control to deliver brighter, sharper images with more detail when shooting in the dark.
The DCR-TRV30 will be available in April 2001 for about $1,700