Driving the industry to unsurpassed levels of quality and innovation, Sony today announced its 2004 lineup featuring all progressive scan DVD players. The players have the advanced features that have made Sony the leader in DVD-video, such as its proprietary Precision Cinema Progressive™ image enhancing progressive scan technologies. Many of these new models also include step-up features such as Super Audio CD playback and elegantly designed aluminum front panels.
The DVP-NS975V is Sony’s first player to incorporate a High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) connection. Its offers state-of-the-art uncompressed digital signals as it up-scales video to high definition (1080i/720p) resolution and transmits high quality audio through the connection.
“The DVD category continues to boom, with consumers building DVD libraries and upgrading home theater components. They want products that will take full advantage of the latest DVD format offerings,” said Tim Baxter, senior vice president of marketing for Sony Electronics’ Home Products Division. “Our 2004 DVD lineup responds to this trend by including a unit which allows consumers who have already invested in an HD display or are considering making the investment to get the most out of what DVDs have to offer.”
Leading this year’s DVD lineup is the DVP-NS975V, a Super Audio/DVD/CD player with HDMI for 1080i/720p up-scaling capabilities. This new single-disc player offers a solution to consumers who have upgraded their home theater system with HDTV sets to enjoy full HD resolution while watching DVD movies. The DVP-NS975V is able to up-scale the DVD native resolution to output high-definition formats (720p/1080i). The up-scaling process occurs through the 19-pin HDMI connection, which minimizes loss of data or additional video noise than can occur with analog convergence.
The models feature multi-media capabilities such as playback of Super Audio CD, DVD-RW/-R, DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/RW formats, which allows home entertainment enthusiasts to enjoy the multitude of high quality output no matter what media format they choose. The DVP-NS975V also offers simple navigation and disc management with such features as 40-disc resume memory and picture navigation. The DVP-NS975V will be available in September for about $300.
Continuing the legacy of high-performance and high-quality DVD players, the 2004 lineup includes three new Super Audio CD/DVD combination players, delivering the latest video and audio performance, and two progressive scan models, elegantly redesigned to enhance any home theater configuration.
- DVP-NC875V – Incorporating high-end features such as a progressive 5-disc Super Audio/ DVD/CD changer and 3:2 pull-down 480p progressive scan output, this player will impress even the most discerning of DVD lovers. It also offers 12 bit/108 MHz Precision Cinema Progressive output and an enhanced video equalizer for crisp clean images. In addition to SA-CD playback, this player offers multi-media capabilities with DVD-RW/-R, DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/RW, JPEG and MP3 formats. The DVP-NC875V will be available in August for about $150;
- DVP-NS775V – This single disc player includes many of the step-up features found in the DVP-NC875V, and also offers SA-CD capabilities giving users a host of entertainment options with multi-media formats. It will be available in August for about $130.
- DVP-NC675P – Featuring a 5-Disc DVD/CD changer and 3:2 pull-down 480p progressive scan output, this model gives consumers high-quality DVD performance at a great value. This model features DVD-RW/-R, DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/RW, JPEG and MP3 playback capabilities. It will be available in May for about $130.
- DVP-NS575P – Equipped with the same advanced features of the DVP-NC675P, this single disc player offers high-performance DVD playback. Ideal for the DVD novice with easy-to-use convenience features, the player’s design will appeal to style-conscious consumers. The DVP-NS575P will be available for about $90 in March.
- DVP-CX985V – With consumers building multi-media libraries, Sony is continuing its success in the multi-disc management category. Delivering solid A/V performance with a convenient Disc Explorer System®, the DVP-CX985V 400-disc Super-Audio/DVD/CD player is currently available for about $400