Sony Ericsson has expanded its Xperia range of smartphone devices with the announcement of Xperia X8 handset – a great entertainment smartphone.
This new offering from the stable of Sony Ericsson has been build on the success of the Xperia X10 and the mini versions, X10 mini and X10 mini pro.
The user interface of the X8 has been developed similar to that of the Xperia X10 mini bringing the four-corners that give easy one hand use and can be customised for one touch access to your favourite applications.
Powered by open Android operating system, it delivers great smartphone functionality and access to thousands of applications on Android Market.
Further, the Xperia X8 comes integrated with Timescape thus enabling easy access to social networking websites and the infinite button for one click access to a world of content.
It poses a 3-inch screen, PlayNow application, 3.5mm headphone jack and a 3.2 MP camera with video recording functionality.
Key features of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 are:
* Four corners for easy one hand use and one touch access to applications
* Customise the four corners with favourite apps and add widgets to homescreens
* Push email and Instant messaging
* Size: 99 x 54 x 15 mm and Weight: 104g
* Up to 128 MB Phone memory, Memory card support microSD up to 16GB
* Google Android Donut version 1.6 operating system supported by 600MHz
* Enjoy games, video, internet and more on the 3-inch screen
* Timescape shows all communication in one place for ultimate simplicity
* Android Market – thousands of applications to keep users entertained
* 3.2 MP camera – snap away and upload instantly to Facebook
* Supports GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS HSPA 900/2100 and UMTS HSPA 800/850/1900/2100
The XPERIA X8 will be available in selected markets from Q3 in the colours White, Dark Blue/ White, Aqua Blue/ White, Pink/ White, Silver/ White.