Sony, which just ranked No. 1 for the third year in the annual Harris poll survey of the best brands, will embark on a 10-city tour to demonstrate products and services that can help companies redefine the way they network with their current and prospective customers and partners.
Summary: As part of Sony Electronics’ “Sony Means Business” campaign, the tour will highlight products, services and applications that, among other things, foster employee collaboration, provide easier access to mission-critical information, including audio, video and data, and the monitoring and the remote diagnosis of networked equipment.
The “Sony Means Business” tour locations and dates are:
* San Jose, Aug. 6 – 8, Sony Electronics’ U.S. R&D Center
* Pasadena, Calif., Aug. 19 – 20, Ritz-Carlton Hotel
* Seattle, Sept. 4 – 5, Hyatt Regency Bellevue
* Detroit, Sept. 18 – 19, Dearborn Ritz-Carlton
* Boston, Sept. 24 – 25, Swissotel Boston
* Atlanta, Sept. 30 – Oct. 1, Marriott Marquis
* Houston, Oct. 22 – 23, Hyatt Regency Houston
* Chicago, Oct. 28 – 29, `W’ City Center
* Miami, Nov. 13 – 14, Eden Roc Resort
* Washington, D.C., Dec. 2 – 5, Grand Hyatt (in conjunction with the Government Video Expo)
Sony has the brand reputation, breadth of products and vision that enable businesses to connect traditional A/V products to local- and wide-area networks to move and access data throughout an enterprise. As a result, companies with Sony professional products can operate more nimbly, fostering faster decision-making, maintaining growth and remaining competitive.
A wide range of organizations, including corporations, broadcasters, government offices and educational institutions, use Sony’s professional products in their day-to-day and overall operations.
Sony’s integrated professional products encompass: acquisition, production and post-production equipment; security cameras and visual imaging systems; data storage solutions; installation and portable projectors; videoconferencing systems; asset management systems; pro audio tools; VAIO® desktop and notebook PCs; computer displays; and CLI? handheld devices.
In addition to product information, the tour will feature information about Sony Electronics’ service and support organizations, including:
the Systems Solutions Division, which integrates and installs central-casting facilities, integrated newsrooms and automated AV/IT network systems;
the Operations and Technical Services group, which provides comprehensive after-sales support; and
Sony Financial Services, LLC, which provides commercial financing covering the full breadth of Sony Electronics’ professional products.
The program’s seminar series will highlight such key technologies and applications as:
* Road warrior solutions, which emphasize the interoperability, convenience and efficiency of Sony’s VAIO PCs, CLIÉ handhelds, projectors, data storage media and digital imaging products;
* Integrated audio-visual/information technology network solutions, which enable users to connect AV products such as projectors and plasma displays to IT networks, control them remotely, perform remote diagnosis, and transfer content over a local- or wide-area network;
* Storage solutions, including CD-RW, DVD+RW, AIT, S-AIT and DTF formats, designed for the data-intensive needs of entry-level to enterprise users for transfer, storage, backup, archiving, networked storage and general distribution of content;
* Conferencing solutions for collaborative and productive meetings in the boardroom or the branch office;
* Independent production solutions built around the high-quality, versatile DVCAM® video format for creating compelling audio-visual content that can also be streamed on the web;
* Surveillance and security solutions including analog and IP-addressable surveillance cameras, monitors, time-lapse recorders, printers and fingerprint identification units; and
*Asset management solutions that can scale from simple tape library content management applications to enterprise-wide digital content management systems.
Additional details about the event are available at www.sony.com/businesssolutionstour.