Award-Winning Technology Combined With Larger Screen Real Estate Maximizes Performance and Increases Efficiency.
Do you have an Emmy on your desk? If not, today Sony’s new E series of computer displays with Emmy® award-winning technology can put one there.
Announced today [Feburary 14, 2002], the new 17-inch (16.0-inch viewable image size) CPD-E240 and the 21-inch (19.8-inch viewable image size) CPD-E540 display models deliver outstanding image clarity and bright colors with reduced glare and distortion. “The E series signifies the vitality of our leadership in the CRT industry,” said Stan Glasgow, Sony Electronics’ vice president of display marketing. “In the past, the 21-inch large format screen size was found only on the desks of engineers and graphic designers. With the E540, we’re giving families, gamers, and business professionals FD (flat display) Trinitron® quality and more screen real estate to enjoy at a very reasonable price.”
Now available, the CPD-E540 is selling for approximately $600 and the CPD-E240 for about $250. Each display is designed for PC2001, Microsoft® Windows® 95, 98, 2000, Windows NT®, and Windows XP®, in addition to being Macintosh™-compatible. A three-year limited warranty covers parts, CRT, and labor.
The tight aperture grille pitch on the E-series delivers outstanding image clarity with crisp colors and consistent screen image quality. Sony’s award-winning, FD Trinitron technology also provides accurate color reproduction, and reduces screen glare to diminish eyestrain. Ensuring an accurate focus across the entire screen, including the corners, Sony’s HiDensity™ Electron Gun makes a significant contribution to the image quality.
A special feature on the E540 model, Active Signal Correction™ technology automatically adjusts image size and centering at the touch of a button, eliminating the need to make horizontal and vertical alterations. On-screen displays found on both models enable users to easily change and control color, contrast and brightness.
The products are built with Digital Multiscan® technology, supporting maximum lines of resolution up to 1280 x 1024 on the E240 and 1920 x 1440 on the E540. Video images are automatically synchronized to optimal resolutions for easier setup.
Neck-aches are forgotten with an adjustable tilt and swivel base that permits multiple viewing angles.
Key Performance Features
– FD Trinitron® CRT – Delivers excellent image clarity and accurate color reproduction on a vertically and horizontally flat screen, resulting in reduced glare and distortion.
– Digital Multiscan® Technology – Supports maximum resolutions of up to 1920 x 1440 on the E540 and up to 1280 x 1024 on the E240.
– Tight Aperture Grille Pitch – Sets a new standard in image clarity and precision.
– Tilt & Swivel Base – Provides optimal viewing angles for maximum comfort.
– HiDensity™ Electron Gun Technology – Ensures consistent, accurate focus across the entire screen, even in the corners.
– Active Signal Correction™ Technology (on the E540 model) — Offers image size adjustment and centering at the touch of a button.