[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 37: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Does my 5700ES have enough power

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:33 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Does my 5700ES have enough power

Does my 5700ES have enough power

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by loren » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Hello Hello,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o> </o>
Currently I have a pair of Polk Audio RTi8's (http://www.polkaudio.com/products/rti8 ) hooked into my 5700ES.
<o> </o>
I am up for a bonus at work and I was going to pay for some of my kids college and get a pair of Polk Audio TSX550T (http://www.polkaudio.com/products/tsx550t )
My question is, does my 5700ES have the balls to push these good? Or do I need to get an amp. If I do need an amp it would have to be a 3 channel so I can have equal power for movies on the fronts.
<o> </o>
Thing that sucks . When I was a kid my parents told me to turn down my music. Not I am an adult and my kids tell me to turn down my music.
loren
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 am

loren- The Polk Audio TSX550T speakers that you are considering buying have a 91 dB SPL /watt/meter efficiency rating which means that they require 1/2 as much power to create any specific volume level as a speaker rated at 88 dB SPL would. The commonly recognized average efficiency rating for speakers is 89 dB SPL @ 1 watt efficiency and the high efficiency rating begins at 93 dB SPL @ 1 watt which places the Polk Audio TSX550T's half way between average and high efficiency which is why Polk recommends a minimum of 20 watts amplifier power to drive the TSX550T's. Your Sony DA5700ES Receiver should have plenty of power to drive these speakers well into the volume range where neighbors from several blocks away will be telling you to turn down your Music.

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by loren » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Thanks Maxxwire,

Now I don't need an amp is cool I will wait for these to be on sale in the next few months.  time to look for a BDP-S5000ES on the cheap.
loren
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:08 pm

On 2014-01-30 19:37, loren wrote:
Thanks Maxxwire,

Now I don't need an amp is cool I will wait for these to be on sale in the next few months.  time to look for a BDP-S5000ES on the cheap.

Please keep us posted on your progress in obtaining those new speakers and the Blu Ray player...

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables