[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 37: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KV36XBR450 Horizontal lines

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:28 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KV36XBR450 Horizontal lines

KV36XBR450 Horizontal lines

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by Mike_Darland » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:40 pm

My set developed horizontal lines about a thrid of the way down from the top. There are only 2 green,2 blue and 2 red lines,in that order. This happened 2 to 3 days before I lost picture and sound.
The picture and sound problem ended up being the secondary power supply,IC6501 which is a PWM IC (MCZ3001D).
But the lines I'm having an issue with. I thought it was the filter cap's on the verticle drive signal going to the deflection yoke coil. Nope,that wasn't it. I  scoped the signal and thought it had a slight hump riding on the sawtooth. Any ideals?  
The cap's I changed were C5080,C5081 and C5024 all on the D board.
Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Sony KV36XBR450

Mike
Mike_Darland
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Troubleshooting