[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 37: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DAV-SC8 need help

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:00 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DAV-SC8 need help

DAV-SC8 need help

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by pault » Fri May 26, 2006 11:12 pm

i have a sony DAV-SC8
and have this strange problem, it wont let me put any discs in at all it just spits them backout when i try put one in,, and the strange part..
i can press the power button on (on player) when i plug it in to turn it on , and it comes on ,but if i press the power button (on player) to turn it off, it will just flash ..standby.. and if i press the power button again to turn it back on it still flashes standby.and nothing else.. so i have to trun it off at plug and do it all again!!!!!!!! arrrrrrrrr

help me obi wan kenobi your my only hope
pault
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sat May 27, 2006 10:08 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  This is why Sony has service centers!  My recommendation is that you take the unit to your nearest authorized Sony servicenter for repair.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Chazat » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:35 am

Actually, better throw away the SC8 and buy a JVC or Denon DVD/Amplifier combo. The fact that the SC8 DVD/CD unit is unreliable is unfortunately widely known. After a while it will not accept inputs, refuse to eject CDs/DVDs, refuse playback, etc. Repair is only worthwhile if you're in warranty.
This system series (anything with the same S-Master unit) seems a rare cockup of otherwise so reliable Sony...
Chazat
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by KAKURAJA » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:23 am

I HAVE ONE OF THESE UNITS AND WORKED FINE WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD BUT AFTER THAT IT STARTED PLAYING UP.  I THINK THE PROBLEM IS IN ONE OF THOSE BIG FOUR LEGGED SURFACE MOUNTED CHIPS.

I NOW ONLY USE IT AS A SECONDARY AMPLIUFIER
KAKURAJA
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to DVD