[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 37: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Which MIDx do i use (x = a number)

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:56 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Which MIDx do i use (x = a number)

Which MIDx do i use (x = a number)

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by phish368 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:44 pm

ok folks..  not sure which MID corresponts to which video input in the service manual.  Please let me know which one (MID1, MID2 or MID3) I should use for the following:

Video 5 - component (used for 480p) (DVD - widescreen movies)
Video 6 - component (used for PS2)
Video 7 - DVI (used for 480p and 720p) (Cablevision HDTV)

Which MID do i use for each one?  I dont want to change the wrong MID setting.

Thanks guys
phish368
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by tvgeek » Tue May 04, 2004 2:47 am

MID1 = universal - will effect everything
MID2 = 480i
MID3 = 480p and 1080i

If you use your dvd player in progressive scan (i assume you would) use MID3 for it.  Use MID2 for your PS2 but keep in mind if you use your PS2 in progressive scan (for some games that support it) your screen will change to your MID3 settings.  I do not use vid input 7 so I can not help you on that one.

The tv will remember different values for MID2 for inputs 5 and 6 versus inputs 1-4.  MID3 values do not apply (they do nothing if changed) on inputs 1-4 because MID3 deals with 480p and 1080i.  (inputs 1-4 cannot accept those signal types via s-video).

Check out the post on Sony xbr service menu questions where I posted a how to.  Sorry but I cannot help you with the input 7 question.  If I had to make and educated guess I would say that MID3 for your HDTV because it is 480p.  The tv probably has separate memory for input 7 just like it does for inputs 5 and 6 vs. inputs 1-4.

Hope this clears it up some.
tvgeek
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Television Configuration