[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 37: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - kv-32hs510 horizontal lines problem/remedy

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:58 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - kv-32hs510 horizontal lines problem/remedy

kv-32hs510 horizontal lines problem/remedy

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by choujin » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:42 am

I have just bought a new kv-32hs510 set (after returning 3 kv-27fv310's for a thin vertical black line down the left side of the set) from Circuit City and I have noticed 3 very thin, horizontal black lines in the set. The first line is 1/3 from the top of the set. The next line is in the middle of the set and the last line is 1/3 from the bottom of the set. The lines are present regardless of the input source (I checked the DirecTV, PS2, Gamecube, NES, Sega Master System, 3DO, SNES, DC, N64 and VCR feed just to be sure). I directly connected everything to the TV and I have checked all of my cabling. I have moved all electronic equipment away from the set and nothing I have done so far has yielded results. Is there a way to eliminate
the problem through the service menu or must I call a repairman to come and remedy the problem. I have hauled 3 sets back to Circuit City so far & I would like to avoid taking this one back as well if the problem can be resolved by a repairman, through the service menu or by another means. Thanks in advance for the help.
choujin
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by mathesar » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:52 pm

Are you sure you're not reffering to the lines associated with trinitron tubes, All tv's & monitors based on sony trinitron tubes have 1 to 3 lines depending on the size of the screen, they appear as very thin horizontal lines and are most noticable on a bright backround ..this is normal and is listed in most sony tv manuals under the Troubleshooting section. you can find more info by doing a search in google "trinitron lines" etc. ,heres a couple examples: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question406.htm

http://www.monitorworld.com/faq_pages/q28_page.html

The lines are a small price to pay considering Apreture grille based tubes have a Brighter and Sharper output vs. shadow mask ..this is one of the main reasons sony tv's are known for such good picture quality.

mathesar
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:14 pm

choujin- I didn't see anything listed in your TV's manual. But, I do own a Trinitron computer monitor. It does have the same thin horizontal lines, on my monitor they are about 1/3 of the way down from the top and 1/3 of the way up from the bottom.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:02 pm

choujin- The lines that you, me and mathesar are talking about, you would have to be close to the TV to see, you wouldn't be able to see them from a 7-8' seating position, is this correct?

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by choujin » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:13 am

It depends on the proximity to the screen, the brightness level and to some extent, the sharpness and clear edge settings. Even at 10' I can notice the lines, but at that distance, I really have to look for them. Since my room is on the smallish side, I am approximately 6' from the set. I have my brightness settings rather low (my own personal preference), the sharpness set to 1 bar and the clear edge setting off. I am getting used to the lines, but they are especially noticeable when the screen is white or a bright blue color. Also, is it me, or is the DRC a worthless feature? I have used all 3 settings and I have not noticed any difference.
choujin
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by mathesar » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:28 pm

Yea there's not much differance between the DRC modes ,but I only use it when watching cable (analog) It looks best on Interlaced mode for me,Progressive & Cinemotion show this wierd line seperation on edges during motion. Now that i've got the convergence , geometry and red push adjusted on this tv (32HS510) I'm very happy with it , Xbox & Gamecube games look amazing in progressive mode ,far better than they did on my previous analog 27" Wega.

mathesar
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Television Configuration