[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - upgrade your power now

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - upgrade your power now

upgrade your power now

Section where you have questions/comments about room setup, equipment design, wiring and best configuration between Sony products in creating the best Home Theater setup.

Moderator: jttar

by andy_waterworth » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:55 am

Guys I have to recommend this I have a KV32fx68 TV and a DAV s300 cinema. i have just replaced the power cables on both of these products with yello cables from russandrews.com. for £60 the difference is unbelievable! warmer sound more definition and better picture quality. I'm not normally tempted in the ways of the HI fi purist. but this has to be the best thing i've done.

BTW the other big difference in sound i have discovered is to leave your amp switched on constantly it will cost about £50p per week but it sounds great. anyone else got any tips on how to get the most out of these systems?
http://www.russandrews.com

andy_waterworth
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by paulaceto » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:29 am

This sounds suspiciously like a planted advertisement.
Once again, there is so much stuff between the mains and the analog electronics that NO power cable will make any difference in the audio you hear. If it does, your electronics is crap.
Also, leaving the receiver turned on all the time will not improve the sound one iota.

paulaceto
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by andy_waterworth » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:32 am

I can assure you not a planted advert, just giving a shout out to some good stuff. can I ask what qualifies you to say there will be no difference. it is Basic physics that the cleaner the flow of electricity the better response from speakers and magnetic coils, and the difference between switching off or not, means the amp (not a receiver)runs at temperature not cold, making a difference, but hey you dismiss everything without any supporting information why don't you! As I said in my first posting I have tried it and it does make a difference. I'd do some reading if I were you my friend. you might also like to take a peak at the sponsor of this web site too (bettercables.com) see what they have to say.
andy_waterworth
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Kendrid » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:10 am

Show us an article in a REAL engineering publication that shows that a power cord matters. Power cords do not have a 'cleaner' flow of electrons, unless the stock powercord is drastically too small.

You need to read about the placebo effect and blind A/B comparsions of cables.

Kendrid
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by paulaceto » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:27 am

As I have done in the optical vs coax debate, I have just written a white paper on this subject. It states the engineering reasons for my beliefs. It will be available on my website soon. I'll post here when it can be downloaded.
paulaceto
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by paulaceto » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:11 am

OK, I've got updated my webpage to include a link to download the paper on the Power Cable debate. Just click the "www" button below this post, then look for the Power Cable download link. It's a PDF. If you can't open PDFs, send me a note via my Agoraquest inbox and I'll email you a text version. Please comment in this thread if you have anything to say.
paulaceto
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by paulaceto » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:13 am

Looks like the "www" button isn't working again. Here's the link.
paulaceto
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by rkkwan » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:41 am

Some people believe there's difference in cabling, some people don't.

Some people can actually see and hear difference in cabling under double-blind tests, but those are usually trained or professional people who spends lots of hours in A/V equipment and know what to listen to look for.

To find a £60 cable makes a dramatic improvement in a basic system like the DAV-S300 definitely seems to me like unsubstantiated claims. If that's your honest experience, that's fine with me. But I can certainly understand the skepticism people will have over this.
rkkwan
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:42 am

I can say with great conviction and absolute certainty that aftermarket power cables have made a dramatic and unmistakable difference in the performance of my Audio equipment.

The LAT AC-2, CPCC Hi-Value, MIT Z-cord 2, and Transparent Super Powerlink AC Power Cords that I use are an integral part if my Audio system. I have switched them out for stock OEM cords and the sound that I love so much goes with them. Like they say "Garbage in, garbage out".

The more sophisticated your electronics are, the more quality power cords will have a positive effect. I also use these powercords with refernce grade line conditioning which also dramaticaly cleans up the crap quality RFI/EMI contaminated electricity that the power company gives us.

There are many things you can do to clean up and improve the quality of the electricity that your Audio gear runs off of and quality aftermarket power cords is just one of those ways.

Running OEM cords off the wall with no line conditioning is like letting your A/V equipment eat out of an electronic garbage can!

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by rkkwan » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:36 pm

Maxx - I agree with you, with your equipment. But with a DAV-S300? I can understand if one cannot buy anything but this particular model, then you have to do what you have to do - including getting power line conditioner, upgrading caps, etc...

But is it worth spending that much money on an expensive HTIB? I don't think so.

It's like upgrading the tires on a shopping cart. Will it corner better into Aisle 5? Yes. But does it make any sense to do so?

-Ray
SCD-C222ES, Panasonic DVD-CP72, Rotel RCD-961
B&W 602s3, Yamaha RX-V1300, HSU Research VTF-2
Samsung TXM2796HF & SIR-T151

rkkwan
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Next

Return to Getting Started/Building a Home Theater