[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Hookup question

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:27 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Hookup question

Hookup question

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by halifaxdrunk » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:47 am

I have a STR-DB940 and need some hookup help.
I have a Sony DVD player hooked up through the digital optical hookup. I have digital cable and the terminal only has a Digital Coax output for sound. Since there is only one Coax input on the STR-DB940 should I try to connect the DVD player through another optical input and put the Digital box through the DVD Coax?

I hope this makes sense.
Mike
halifaxdrunk
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:14 am

Hi Mike- Welcome to Agoraquest.

Unless you want to get an Optical to Coax converter and a high bandwidth Coax switch, just hook up your DVD player to one of the Digital Optical inputs.

Mo' simple, mo' betta!

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by halifaxdrunk » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:22 am

Thanks!

So I will hokup the DVD player to another Optical input (VIDEO 1 input) and put the Digital Cable Box into the Coax input (DVD input). Then just rename the two functions on the STR-DB940.

Can I rename the functions on my remote as well?

Thanks again,
Mike
halifaxdrunk
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:47 am

The RM LJ302 2-way remote for my DB 930 uploads any name changes I make on the Receiver.
I would think that the remote for your DB 940 would work in a similar manner.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables