[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DVP-NS930V BIG Problem.

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:15 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DVP-NS930V BIG Problem.

DVP-NS930V BIG Problem.

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by Forever01 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:04 am

I yesterday received a shiny new DVP-NS930 DVD player and after setting it up and some initial testing i have encountered a big problem.

I would put a DVD on and it plays fine for 45-50 mins and then will stop start and freeze at totally random points. Sometimes the DVD will stop totally with an error saying that the disk is dirty. It isnt because i have checked and its the same with new disks that have never been played. If after the initial 45-50 mins playing time i swap to another disk/s the problem appears right away and wont go away. The player itself is hot to touch and so are the disks that come out.

Is overheating a common problem with DVD players or is there something else causing this?

There is definately something wrong with this player as my the player it replaced never encountered such problems.

Has any of you encountered such a problem and is there a simple fix? Or am i going to have to send it back?

Appreciate any coments or suggestions.

Forever01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by rkkwan » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:19 am

There are two seperate issues.

1. Your player seem to have a problem reading the second layer of a dual-layer DVD. The laser is probably misaligned during shipping or something like that. Exchange it.

2. Many Sony DVD players do run warm. They are just like that. I wouldn't worry about that.
rkkwan
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Forever01 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:34 am

Thx for the reply.

The reason i said i was suspicious of an overheating problem is because playing a DVD from a cold start it plays fine for 45mins like i said. Then the problem appears and it wont go away, even putting different disks in.

Not an overheating problem for sure???
Forever01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by rkkwan » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:38 am

Hm... because you said 45-50 minutes, I thought of layer change first. But it might be something different in your case. Whatever the reason, you should return it and get another unit.
rkkwan
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Forever01 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:50 am

Ill have to ring them tomorrow. I just get the horrible feeling im gonna have a battle and stress with this issue. Poo!
Forever01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by duncan » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:01 am

oh no, please no problems with the 930, I hope to collect mine tomorrow...I will let you know if I have a problem.
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Forever01 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:24 am

If you dont mind me asking Duncan, where are you getting it from? Like rkkwan said mine might have been damaged in transit through ordering online. I might have to get a replacement from a shop.
Forever01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by BuDBoT » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:21 am

what can i say had mine about a week now and had no probs really (apart from the wifes Robin Hood dvd,and that was the lip sync)
and yes mine gets hot to so my advice(for wants it worth) Take it back to the shop and get a new one
BuDBoT
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by duncan » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:55 am

I am getting mine from the Sony Centre in Lincoln. I like to make my purchases from shops. If something goes wrong and you want to complain you are a lot harder to ignore on a busy Saturday afternoon that if your on the other end of the phone. I know there is some good prices to be had on the Net but the Sony Centres do seem good at price matching. Even if they just get close I am prepared to pay for the extra care and attention they pay.

Sony Centres are usually full intelligent helpful staff...there are always some exceptions (Meadow Hall, Sheffield.... sort it out!!)

I will make sure that I keep things well ventilated.
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by duncan » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:19 pm

I think I will run LOTR through the 930 this weekend...if it is going to get hot..it will do it on that film
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Next

Return to DVD