[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Anyone else hipnotized by the Blue Multichannel light?

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:59 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Anyone else hipnotized by the Blue Multichannel light?

Anyone else hipnotized by the Blue Multichannel light?

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by Keithant » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:21 pm

As the proud owner of a STR-DB930 reciever i for some reason can't get into a movie as much as i do when watching a movie on my system and i think that silly little blue light on my 930 has something to do with it.I'm just so used to seeing it all other recievers are just boring.I wonder if sony did some kinda research on that light that seems to put some folks into a trance?so much so that they keep coming back to sony for there reciever purchases just so they don't loose that blue light feeling that us sony owners are used to..PEACE..Keith H.
Keithant
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:05 pm

Ah yes the Big Blue Light! It lets you know that something special is happening and not just some ordinary old green, red, or yellow light event.

The Big Blue Light Bar on the DB 930 is so impressive, not like the smaller blue bars on the newer models.

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Craig_Nike » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:12 pm

My poor old 1070 has a smaller light than the 930 but it is definately cool.
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:54 pm

I'm thinking of buying a STR-DA2ES, which also has Sony's Blue Light Special. I never liked it based on the catalog photos I've seen, but maybe I'm starting to.....maybe it's a Sony subliminal message.....your eyes are getting heavy....your wallet is getting lighter.....
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:10 pm

Craig- Its not the size of the light that counts, its the glow! Remember to always go with the Glow!

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by ray77099 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:53 pm

Man,
I always thought it was just me who noticed that pretty blue light that GLOOOOWS when those bad to the bone Sony receivers are decoding. It makes me feel good to see it because I know the receiver is doing it's JOB.

ray77099
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by WopOnTour » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:06 pm

Personally I find the scrolling message:
...dts 3/3.1... more satisfying than the blue glow

BTW> Has anyone seen any published details on the new STR-DA995 that Sony recently announced? Is it going to have 7.1?

WopOnTour
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:53 am

Where was it that you heard about the Sony STR DA 995?

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by dragon53 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:28 am

If I do get an STR-DA2es, I only have a 2-speaker stero set-up. So what can I do to get the Sony Blue Light pleasure you home theater guys are enjoying? Do I go to WalMart and buy their $99 Apex HT special just so I can join the exclusive Sony Blue Light club?
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by dragon53 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:36 am

Speaking of Blue Light, does any one remember the old 1960's Robert Goulet tv series, "Blue Light"? Goulet starred as a World War II spy in France---parachuted down from an RAF Mosquito in the opening scene. Obviously this was before Sony 6.1 ES receivers, but I'm pretty sure Goulet used a Sony VAIO to keep in touch with OSS headquarters.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Next

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables