[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - New BDP-S5200 connecting issues

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:55 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - New BDP-S5200 connecting issues

New BDP-S5200 connecting issues

This forum addresses questions on Blu-Ray

Moderator: jttar

by maverick11359 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 am

G'day guys,
Just purchased another Blu-ray player (BDP-S5200)and having some issues connecting to the DLNA from my home P.C . when trying to play from Windows 7 music and pictures from my computer. The main files come up O.K but when selecting a final file . A Dark screen comes up saying not able to play files of this category type. no mater where or which file I select it always says the same and wont play music or show video/pics.. This isn't really a to big a problem because every thing else works and connects to the net and I love the Pandora free net radio via the Blu-ray player. Also my Integra DLNA connects to my Home PC and plays the same Music just fine. Its just that my Integra doesn't support video files via DLNA and the Sony is suppose too. Any Ideas on solving this little problem are appreciated.

cheers Mav.
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:57 pm

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by maverick11359 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:33 pm

G'day Jehill, The problem seems to resolve it self ,some of the time. If I open up music files from the DLNA windows 7 app file under the main menu video app tag the music files want open ,but the video files do. Now here's the odd occurrence . The windows 7 app also appears under the main music app but only sometimes and I've noticed it's usually when no USB or flash drive memory stick is plugged into the BDP 5200. If and when the DLNA app for windows 7 appears and it's under the main menu music tag it also opens up and lets me play my music files but not video files. So at the moment I'm scratching my head to try and work out why the windows 7 app appears and disappears , I,m thinking It may be because I disconnect 240V mains from the BDP player every night and when powering up again next play without the USB stick the windows 7 app appears ( I let you know)... Sorry Jehill to answer your question I never really use the BDP 5100 apps on its main menu home screen, just play Blu-ray discs , I tried the youtube app once and it worked fine. cheers Mav.
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:15 pm

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Blu-Ray