[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 21

SHAZAM!---new tv commercial released for the Zachary Levi superhero movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R-CDo302PY

THE HUMMINGBIRD PROJECT---trailer released for the movie starring Jesse Eisenberg, Alexander Skarsgard and Selma Hayek.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5_QL422tHQ

UNSOLVED MYSTERIES---Netflix reboot underway of the reality investigation tv series hosted by Robert Stack that ran on NBC from 1987-1997.

GHOSTBUSTERS 3---Leslie Jones, who co-starred in the all-female GHOSTBUSTERS reboot movie, tweeted her comments on the upcoming Jason Reitman sequel, "So insulting. Like f*ck us. We dint count. It’s like something trump would do. (Trump voice) ”Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women ain’t ghostbusteeeeers” ugh so annoying. Such a d*ck move. And I don’t give f*ck I’m saying something!!"

MASTER OF DARK SHADOWS---documentary about the vampire soap opera that includes interviews with Dan Curtis, Jonathan Frid, David Selby, Kathryn Leigh Scott, Lara Parker, Jerry Lacy, William F. Nolan, Herman Wouk, Ben Cross, Barbara Steele and Whoopi Goldberg. Ian McShane is the narrator.

STAR WARS---George Lucas explained why Chewbacca did not receive a medal like his companions at the end of the original 1977 movie, "Chewbacca wasn't given a medal because medals don't really mean much to Wookiees. They don't really put too much credence in them. They have different kinds of ceremonies. The Wookiee Chewbacca was in fact given a great prize and honor during a ceremony with his own people. The whole contingent from the Rebel Alliance went to Chewbacca's people and participated in a very large celebration. It was an honor for the entire Wookiee race."

MEN IN BLACK: INTERNATIONAL---photo shows aliens from the reboot movie.

SUPERHERO FATIGUE---Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige commented on possible superhero movie fatigue, “Not only has there not been the quote-unquote superhero fatigue that people have been asking me about since years before IRON MAN, but here we are having our biggest year ever. Our instincts have always guided us, and the successes have always just encouraged us to keep following those instincts.”

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE---writer/director Christopher McQuarrie reportedly may bring back Henry Cavill and Alec Baldwin in flashbacks for one or both of the upcoming sequels.

SUSPIRIA---Dario Argento commented on the Luca Guadagino remake of his 1977 cult classic movie, “It did not excite me, it betrayed the spirit of the original film: there is no fear, there is no music. The film has not satisfied me so much.”

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---Anson Mount, who plays Capt. Christopher Pike on DISCOVERY, met Chris Hunter, son of Jeffrey Hunter, who played Pike on the original series, "Chris Hunter came to Comic Con just to meet me and tell me that his father would've approved and that meant and - I'm almost getting choked up talking about it - that meant so, so, so much. Chris, if you're watching, thank you. I wish you were here. We made sure to introduce him at our panel at Comic Con... That was the most incredible moment."

THE FIRST---Hulu cancelled the series.

THE CROWN---Gillian Anderson will play Margaret Thatcher in Season 4.

BUMBLEBEE---Paramount Pictures is reportedly developing a sequel.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Michael Caine's wife, Shakira, had a cameo in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

Michael Caine's wife, Shakira (yellow dress) had a cameo in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE with George Lazenby.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:00 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 22

GHOSTBUSTERS 3---director Paul Feig supported Leslie Jones, who starred in his all-female GHOSTBUSTERS, after she tweeted an expletive-filled comment on the new Jason Reitman sequel, "An absolute honest to God never ending supply of bullshit and hate from these trolls. Leslie spoke her truth and I support her. I am very open to Jason’s new version of GB but am also sad that our 2016 team may not get to bust again. We all are. We’re forever proud of our movie."

WONDER WOMAN 1984---director Patty Jenkins said Chris Pine returning in the sequel as the killed-off Steve Trevor will be credible, "It [Pine's return] wasn't a solution to "Oh god, that worked out, let's try to jam you in there.' It's all incredibly important to the story. It makes perfect sense, that's all I can tell you."'

SUPERGIRL---photo released of transgender actress Nicole Maines in her transgender superhero Dreamer suit in Season 4.

BABY DRIVER 2---Edgar Wright confirmed the sequel is underway, “A first draft of BABY DRIVER 2 exists."

HIGHLANDER---director Chad Stahelski said the reboot movie become a second tv series, "It’s a good property. It’s got a lot of potential. We’re just trying to figure out the best way not to f*** it up. Not to try and fit it into a 1 hour, 45-minute movie."
He added, "They did seven seasons of TV, and even though the TV show may not hold up today, the idea of it and the characters they brought in were super cool. So we’re trying to devise a methodology that leads up to The Quickening. You just don’t end with a one-on-one battle in New York, cut off a guy’s head, and that’s it. We want to do this in such a way that it becomes more of a series whether it’s short form or long form that would let us explore that in the best way. I have a huge, heartfelt love and respect for the project, so we’re trying to find the best way to do it to give fans what they want."

LEGO MOVIE 2---US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will play herself in the sequel starring Chris Pratt and Elizabeth Banks.

TRIVIA---veteran character actors Claude Akins and Barry Atwater co-starred together in two tv horror/sci fi classics, THE TWILIGHT ZONE and THE NIGHT STALKER.
In THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street", which was named one of the ten best THE TWILIGHT ZONE episodes by TIME, Akins played Steve Brand and Atwater played Les Goodman.
In the ABC tv movie THE NIGHT STALKER, which was the most-watched tv movie in history at that time, Akins played Sheriff Warren Butcher, and Atwater played vampire Janos Skorzeny.

In THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street", Claude Akins played Steve Brand, and Barry Atwater plays Les Goodman, who is suspected of being an invading alien when his car starts by itself.

In the tv movie THE NIGHT STALKER, Akins played skeptical Las Vegas Sheriff Steve Brand, who doesn't believe in vampires, and Atwater played bloodthirsty vampire Janos Skorzeny.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23

THE MANY SAINTS OF NEWARK---James Gandolfini's son, Michael, will play the young Tony Soprano in the movie prequel to THE SOPRANOS.

THE COLOR OUT OF SPACE---Nicolas Cage, Joely Richardson and Tommy Chong will star in this movie based on the HP Lovecraft novella about a meteorite that crashes in the front yard of a rural New England family, emitting unworldly colors and causing the family to mutate. Richard Stanley (THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU) is the writer/director.

GHOSTBUSTERS 3---Ernie Hudson commented on if he is involved in the new sequel, "I don’t know. Nobody has approached me with a contract. I think the Ghostbusters fans have been wanting [a “passing of the torch”] dynamic to happen, so I know whatever happens is going to be in that tradition… I’m excited about that. I’d be more excited if they called me and offered me a job, but no matter what happens the fact that they’re doing it is really cool."

THE LIBERATOR---Bradley James (MERLIN) will star in this four-part Netflix World War II miniseries about the 157th Infantry Regiment from the invasion of Italy to the liberation of the Dachau concentration camp. The miniseries will be the first use of Trioscope Enhanced Hybrid Animation which combines live-action with CGI. Jeb Stuart (DIE HARD, THE FUGITIVE) is the writer/producer.

DUMBO---photo from the Tim Burton remake movie shows Dumbo flying in the circus with the Colin Farrell caption, "Tim is suspicious of things getting too sweet".

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---CBS Interactive said the return of DISCOVERY and the AFC Championship game, “added more subscribers in a single weekend than ever before” and were up 72%. CBS did not release actual viewing ratings.

FOLKLORE---HBO horror anthology series set in Japan, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

THE MAGICIANS---Syfy renewed the series for Season 5.

MARE OF EASTTOWN---Kate Winslet stars in this HBO miniseries about a small town Pennsylvania detective who investigates a local murder.

TWO MEN AND A PIG---Dermot Mulroney, Jim Connor and Neal McDonough star in this comedy movie about two brothers and their ceramic pig who are being fleeing from the law.

TRIVIA---famed jazz trumpeter Jack Sheldon performed the trumpet solo on the Academy Award-winning "The Shadow Of Your Smile" from THE SANDPIPER which starred Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Sheldon starred in his own sitcom, RUN, BUDDY, RUN, which was a spoof of THE FUGITIVE and ran on CBS from 1966-1967.

Jazz trumpeter Jack Sheldon performed the trumpet solo on the Academy Award-winning "The Shadow Of Your Smile" from THE SANDPIPER.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlPhfkRZB0

Sheldon starred in RUN, BUDDY, RUN, a spoof of THE FUGITIVE.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 24

KNIGHTFALL---trailer released for Mark Hamill in Season 2.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If1sAlcpzi0

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---new trailer released for Season 2.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNP8XfPh8lU&t=11s

ROBOCOP RETURNS---writer/producer Ed Neumeier commented on the Neill Blomkamp sequel to the original 1987 movie, "Neill Blomkamp and his screenwriter Justin Rhodes have done a pass on the script we were writing on and they’re doing another one.
It is a slightly different concept in some ways than we were originally doing. I don’t want to talk too much about it or somebody will call me and tell me to shut up, but we’re hopeful and I think Neill really really wants to make a good ROBOCOP movie. His idea is that it should be the proper Verhoeven… if Verhoeven had directed a movie right after ROBOCOP… I think that’s what he is trying to achieve and I hope he does. We’ll see what happens next.”
He also talked about Peter Weller returning, "As you know from the press that Neill Blomkamp wants to bring back Peter Weller and what you get when you do that, if you use the DNA of the old property in the new, is that you get something that shares continuity and fans can embrace the brand.” Weller said two months ago that he is not interested in returning for the sequel.

REBORN---Sandra Bullock is in talks to star in the Netflix movie based on the Mark Millar comic book. Chris McKay (THE LEGO MOVIE) is the director. Bullock is also a producer.

BREAKING BAD---the cast for the movie sequel to the tv series reportedly includes Bryan Cranston, Krysten Ritter, Aaron Paul, Jonathan Banks, Jesse Plemons, Robert Forster, Charles Baker and Matt Jones.

SUPERGIRL---artwork shows Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor.

GAME OF THRONES---the run times for Season 8's six episodes are reportedly 60 minutes for the first two episodes and 80 minutes for the last four episodes. HBO refused to confirm the report.

THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD---the Peter Jackson World War I documentary will be released in 500 theaters in the US and Canada on February 1.

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE---writer/director Rodney Rothman said about the movie, “I wrote a scene that had...Tom Holland and Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire in the same scene and… I don’t want to get into it but I did write that scene, but there’s a lot of anxiety, there’s a lot of anxiety around the movie generally and there was anxiety about confusing people.”

FAST & FURIOUS---Vin Diesel announced three writers for the all-female spinoff movie underway: Nicole Perlman, Lindsey Beer and Geneva Robertson-Dworet.

THE PUNISHER---Jumpshot analytics said the Season 2 premiere was down 40% from Season 1 which does not bode well for its future.

SUITS---USA Network renewed the series for Season 9 which will be the last season.

CARTER---WGN America renewed the series for Season 2.

THE LINE BETWEEN--tv series underway based on the pandemic novel.

CW---the network is developing pilots for a JANE THE VIRGIN spinoff titled JANE THE NOVELLA, a RIVERDALE musical dramedy, THE LOST BOYS and NANCY DREW.

RIDE WITH NORMAN REEDUS---AMC renewed the series for Season 4.

TALL GIRL---Netflix comedy movie starring Ava Michelle as a 6' 1" 16 year-old high school student who isn't comfortable being the tallest girl in her school.

TRIVIA---the latest in BAND OF BROTHERS role trivia.
Tom Hardy's first on-screen credit was Pvt. John Janovec in BAND OF BROTHERS which he followed with his first movie credit in BLACK HAWK DOWN the same year.

Tom Hardy's first on-screen credit was Pvt. John Janovec in BAND OF BROTHERS.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:09 am

FRIDAY, JANUARY 25

THE BOYS---trailer released for the Amazon Prime superhero tv series.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NilteC-7jeM

THE WALKING DEAD---new trailer released for Season 9. Also, showrunner Angela Kang confirmed The Fair will be featured in Season 9, "Yes, we are going to see the festival. That becomes a part of the story for the back half of the season. We really dove into the idea of what this festival is in a real way for our people. The origins of these kinds of trade fairs were that people from far-flung communities would take a trek and trade useful goods because not every community had every single thing that they needed. It’s a place where people could learn new skills and pick up supplies that they needed. It’s also a chance for them to bond as different communities."

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTsal9KjluY

MORBIUS---Matt Smith (DOCTOR WHO) is in negotiations to co-star with Jared Leto in the Sony Pictures Spider-Man spinoff movie.

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Richard E. Grant described the tight security on the sequel, "It's extraordinary. They don't give you a script, you have to go to a room where there are bodyguards outside, closed-circuit television cameras, and it's printed on crimson pages so you can't photograph it. You have to read it in there, and then leave."
He commented on how actors remember their lines, "You're given the pages on the day that you work, and you have to sign for them and sign out for them as well. There are security guards on the set."
He added, "They give you a cloak, over your head – because apparently they have drones going over Pinewood Studios so they try and take photographs of what people are playing."
When asked if he is playing Thrawn, he replied, "I'm not playing the STAR WARS character you just mentioned.I'm not allowed to tell you anything. Otherwise I would be fired. It's a complete lockdown on any information whatsoever."

WONDER WOMAN 3---director Patty Jenkins hinted about the next sequel, “I have pretty clear plans for WONDER WOMAN 3. Whether I [direct] it or not, I see how her arc should end in my incarnation of Wonder Woman. I have great passion for that.”

THE ENEMY WITHIN--NBC series starring Jennifer Carpenter and Morris Chestnut in which a traitorous female CIA agent is freed from prison to team up with an FBI agent to catch a notorious criminal.

RESIDENT EVIL---Netflix tv series is underway based on the video game and movie franchise.

THE OFFICE---Mindy Kaling discussed rumors of a revival series, "Would I be open to an OFFICE reboot? I think that anything Greg decided to do—Greg Daniels—I would watch, and love, and want to help him with.”
She also commented on if Kelly murdered Ryan Howard, “There’s not an insignificant part of me that thinks that Kelly might be in jail. Crime of passion? The character just kept getting a little more and more unhinged. I don’t want to say that she murdered Ryan but I am also not convinced that he’s still alive in the world of THE OFFICE.”

BRIARPATCH---Rosario Dawson stars in this USA Network tv series about a woman who returns to her Texas hometown to investigate her sister's murder.

THE HANDMAID'S TALE---Christopher Meloni and Elizabeth Reaser will join the cast in Season 3.

ECHO---movie underway based on the video game.

NETFLIX---Netflix renewed SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER and F IS FOR FAMILY.

TRIVIA---SUMMER OF '42 was a surprise hit in 1971 after it earned $32 million on a budget of only $1 million.
Based on a true story, writer Herman Raucher said he received a letter from the real Dorothy after the movie became a hit. Her last line in the letter was, 'The ghosts of that night 30 years ago are better left undisturbed.' Raucher was unable to reply to her letter because she did not include a return address other than it was postmarked in Canton, Ohio.

Gary Grimes and Jennifer O'Neill starred in the hit SUMMER OF '42.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 pm

MONDAY, JANUARY 28

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE---trailer released for the biomovie about serial killer Ted Bundy starring Zac Efron.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lW6Z38HHJw

BIRDS OF PREY---teaser trailer released for the spinoff movie starring Margot Robbie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNh9dD5-FUc

THE LIFE OF JOHN F. DONOVAN---trailer released for the movie starring Kit Harington.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx0EofhMDSE

THE INVISIBLE MAN---Leigh Whannell (INSIDIOUS:CHAPTER 3, SAW) will direct the Universal Pictures remake of the classic horror movie based on the HG Wells novel. Johnny Depp is no longer involved with the remake which is not part of Universal's Dark Universe horror universe. The original 1933 movie starred Claude Rains.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---photos from the Quentin Tarantino movie show Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Al Pacino and Margot Robbie.

STAR TREK---Jonathan Frakes commented on the new Jean-Luc Picard series, “The feeling is [the NEXT GENERATION cast] would love to be part of it. But the feeling is also that it’s Patrick [Stewart]’s show. [Laughs.] Having said that, I can’t imagine a world where there’s no reference to what happened to the rest of the NEXT GENERATION cast. Patrick isn’t playing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard this time, he’s done with [that phase of his career in] Starfleet in this show. That’s about the only thing I do know about the show."
CBS replied to Frakes' comment, "The only thing we can confirm is the series will explore the next chapter of Picard’s life, which will be different, as Patrick teased in Vegas."

GAME OF THRONES--Maisie Williams commented on the final season, "I don't know that anyone is going to be satisfied. No one wants it to end, you know, but I'm really proud of this final season. I've always felt ashamed to say things like that, but I am. I'm really proud of all the work we've put it, for me it's the right time. I hope people like it."
She added, "I ended on the perfect scene. I was alone - shocker! Arya's always bloody alone. But I was alone and I had watched a lot of other people wrap. I knew the drill, I had seen the tears and heard the speeches."

NETFLIX---new movies and miniseries underway include HILLBILLY ELEGY with Ron Howard directing the movie based on the book HILLBILLY ELEGY: A MEMOIR OF A FAMILY AND CULTURE IN CRISIS, the movie BEHIND HER EYES which is based on the novel, THE STRANGER is a miniseries starring Richard Armitage in which a stranger tells a happily-married man a shocking secret about his wife which leads to a dangerous conspiracy and an untitled action comedy movie starring John Cena in which a family is in an abandoned movie studio and are stuck inside various old movies.

CBS---the network renewed FBI, MAGNUM P.I. and THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

TWIN BLADES---female buddy movie underway in which a US female tech entrepreneur moves her company to China where she and her Chinese female bodyguard get involved in various adventures.

STAN AGAINST EVIL---creator Dana Gould said IFC has cancelled the series.

QUEEN MARY---horror movie underway based on supposed true hauntings aboard the ocean liner.

HORROR HOTEL---NBA star Kyrie Irving is the star/producer of this untitled horror movie about the Skirvin Hotel in Oklahoma City where some NBA players refuse to stay in the hotel because it is supposedly haunted.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In THUNDERBALL, the voices of Claudine Auger and Adolfo Celi were dubbed because their European accents were too heavy.

In THUNDERBALL, Claudine Auger's voice was dubbed by Nikki van der Zyl (DR. NO, GOLDFINGER, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE), and Adolfo Celi's voice was dubbed by Robert Rietty (DR. NO, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:18 pm

TUESDAY, JANUARY 29

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.---trailer released for Season 6.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDSntuNMSU

THE MANDALORIAN---Jon Favreau posted a photo of the R5-D4 droid from the original 1977 movie which hints it might be in the new tv series.

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Anthony Daniels tweeted that he has finished filming as C-3PO in the sequel, "Today was 3PO's last on Episode IX. He's sad - so am I. But we're so proud to have worked with such a lovely, talented cast & crew lead by J.J. & Kathy. I'll miss everyone but I'm glad to know that we've been making something exceptional together, to share with the waiting world." A rumor claims C-3PO will make his final appearance in EPISODE IX.

SPLASH---gender-switch remake of the 1984 Ron Howard movie is underway starring Channing Tatum and Jillian Bell. Bell said, “It’s being written currently, so we hope we get to make it within the next couple years. I think it’s happening. I’m really excited about it.”
Tatum will play a merman in the remake. Tom Hanks and Darryl Hannah starred in the original movie.

STARSHIP TROOPERS---writer Ed Neumeier, who wrote the original movie, is writing a tv series based on the movie which would return the original cast. He commented on the tv series and the reboot movie, also with the original cast, that he is not involved with, “Well, I think they can. I don’t want to jinx anything, but we are talking about trying to do a television show that is based on that idea. I’ve written all sorts of things with Casper [Van Dien] now as Johnny Rico and it’s a gas to write him because he gives you that character. He gives you more than you think, as soon as he shows up, the tone comes with him a little bit. I think it’s because he’s ridiculously handsome, he’s got this boyish can-do attitude, which is what Johnny Rico is, and a lot of the brand comes with him.”
He added, “Well, I have mixed feelings about it [the reboot] because I think that what we did with the first STARSHIP is almost not repeatable in a way… I based the structure of STARSHIP TROOPERS [on] the structure of WWII propaganda films that the studios made 1941-1944. We don’t really talk about those movies anymore. I can imagine you could do a new one that was a more serious version of the book without the political commentary, but I don’t know if that interests me that much.”

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS---Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern have joined the cast of the Fox tv miniseries based on the HG Wells novel. It is not connected to the BBC miniseries based on the novel.

SUPERNATURAL---photo released of Jeffrey Dean Morgan returning as John Winchester.

SHOTGUN WEDDING---Ryan Reynolds will star in this action comedy movie about a couple whose lavish wedding is taken over by criminals.

THOSE WHO WISH ME DEAD---Angelina Jolie will star in this movie based on the novel about a teenage girl in the witness protection program who flees from killers in a Montana wilderness fire. Taylor Sheridan (SICARIO) is the writer/director.

WONDER WOMAN 3---director Patty Jenkins the new sequel might be set in the present, “It’s definitely one of the things we talked about. I’m not planning to put it in the past again, because where are you going to go? You have to go forward. It’s definitely a contemporary story. That’s all I can say. Where we put it and how that gets figured out, I haven’t totally nailed down.”

THE PRINCESS DIARIES 3---Anne Hathaway said the script for the latest sequel is finished, “It’s just we don’t want to unless it’s perfect because we love it just as much as you guys love it. It’s as important to us as it is to you, and we don’t want to deliver anything until it’s ready, but we’re working on it.”

THE KID WHO WOULD BE KING---sources say the movie could lose $50 million.

CANDYMAN---Lakeith Stansfield (ATLANTA) is in talks to star in the reboot of the 1992 horror movie. Stansfield would play the character originally played by Virginia Madsen in the original 1992 movie.

FUNKO POPS---a rumor claims Warner Bros. is developing a live-action/animation hybrid movie based on the toy line.

DARE ME---USA Network tv series underway based on the novel about competitive cheerleading and a shocking crime.

TRIVIA---special effects pioneer Ray Harryhausen has a cameo as the man feeding the elephant in his 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH. Harryhausen filled in for an actor who did not show up.

Harryhausen's Ymir wins in the classic battle between the Venusian monster and the elephant.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:48 pm

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30

DUNE---Oscar Isaac is in talks to play Duke Leto Atreides, father of Paul Atreides (Timothee Chalamet) in the remake movie. Jurgen Prochnow played the role in the original David Lynch movie. Also, sources claim Zendaya is in talks to play Paul's love interest, Chani.

ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP---photo released for the sequel which has added Rosario Dawson to the cast.

THE BATMAN---writer/director Matt Reeves commented on the movie, “It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation… There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We’re starting to put together our battle plan. I’m doing another pass on the script and we’ll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things… We haven’t been dated. I wouldn’t commit to this, but we’re thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story.”

AVENGERS: ENDGAME---Rene Russo will reportedly return as Queen Frigga, and Ken Jeong will have a cameo in the sequel.

ARMY OF THE DEAD---Zack Snyder will direct this Netflix horror movie about a team of mercenaries on a daring heist job in Las Vegas during a zombie plague.

THE HEART---Sam Rockwell, Octavia Spencer and Allison Janey star in this comedy movie about a cash-strapped couple who are supposed to deliver a human heart from New York to Florida, but discover it is a black market scheme and are pursued by villains who want the heart.

CAPTAIN MARVEL---a report says Annette Bening plays the Kree Supreme Leader in the movie.

HOT WHEELS---Warner Bros./Mattel live-action movie underway based on the race car toy line.

CHUCKY---Syfy tv series based on the CHILD'S PLAY movies. Don Mancini is returning as the writer.

FBI: MOST WANTED---CBS spinoff series reportedly underway about the FBI division that seeks to apprehend the Most Wanted criminals.

THE BEATLES---Peter Jackson will direct this documentary about "Let It Be", the last Beatles album. Jackson said the documentary will use 55 hours of unused studio film footage from the 1970 LET IT BE documentary, “The 55 hours of never-before-seen footage and 140 hours of audio made available to us ensure this movie will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about. It’s like a time machine transports us back to 1969, and we get to sit in the studio watching these four friends make great music together.”

GOD FRIENDED ME---CBS renewed the series for Season 2.

PETE DAVIDSON---Davidson will star in an untitled biomovie that is “a semi-autobiographical story of Davidson growing up in Staten Island, New York.” Judd Apatow is the director.

TRIVIA---the disaster movie EARTHQUAKE starred Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner, Genevieve Bujold, George Kennedy, Victoria Principal, Lorne Greene, Richard Roundtree and Lloyd Nolan. Walter Matthau did an unpaid cameo role for his friend, producer Jennings Lang, as a drunk. In the end credits, Matthau is listed under the fictitious name of "Walter Matuschanskayasky" which led to the belief that it was his real name.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:15 pm

THURSDAY, JANUARY 31

QUATERMASS---untitled Legendary Pictures/Hammer Films movie underway based on the Prof. Bernard Quatermass sci fi franchise. David Farr (THE NIGHT MANAGER) is the writer.

THE BATMAN---Warner Bros. confirmed that Ben Affleck will not be returning as Batman for the new movie. Also, Warner Bros. is developing two animated DC Comics movies. BATMAN BEYOND will be based on the animated tv series, and DC SUPER PETS will be about the pets of superheroes including Krypto, Ace the Bat-Hound and Streaky the Supercat.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---new photos show the return of Georgiou, L'Rell and Tyler.

REMINISCENCE---Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson are in talks to star in this futuristic sci fi movie about a private detective who solves client's problems with memory-searching technology. He falls in love with a beautiful client and must find her when she mysteriously disappears. Lisa Joy (WESTWORLD) is the writer/director.

UNDYING LOVE---movie underway based on the graphic novel about an ex-soldier who must free the Hong Kong woman he loves by killing the master vampire that turned her into a vampire. David Leitch (DEADPOOL 2) is the director.

THE STAND---CBS All Access ten-part miniseries underway based on the Stephen King novel. Josh Boone (THE FAULT IN OUR STARS) is the writer/director. The original 1994 ABC miniseries starred Gary Sinise and Jamey Sheridan.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2---James Gunn will be the writer/director of the sequel.

SHADOW IN THE CLOUD---World War II horror movie underway starring Chloe Grace Moretz as Capt. Maude Gardner, who boards a B-17 bomber carrying a secret radio bag where she and the B-17's crew must withstand a Japanese ambush and something evil lurking on board the bomber. Max Landis is the writer.

THE BIG BANG THEORY---William Shatner will guest star in an episode with a Dungeons and Dragons theme.

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY---fired director Bryan Singer may receive $40 million due to his contract. A source said 20th Century Fox is trying to legally reduce the amount because he was fired.

HARRY'S ALL NIGHT HAMBURGER STAND---Ted Melfi (HIDDEN FIGURES) is in talks to direct the time travel movie based on the short story.

JEFF OF THE UNIVERSE---YouTube dramedy sci fi series underway from David Mirkin (THE SIMPSONS). No plot details were released.

TRIVIA---Phil Collins wrote and sang the title song for AGAINST ALL ODDS (Jeff Bridges, Rachel Ward) which became the first of his seven Number One hit singles. The song won a Grammy and was nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe.
For the 57th Academy Awards, the Academy told Collins he would not be able to sing his song during the show because he was not connected to the movie industry, but it then let non-actors Deniece Williams sing "Let's Hear It For The Boy" from FOOTLOOSE and Ray Parker, Jr. sing the GHOSTBUSTERS song at the ceremony.
Instead, dancer Anne Reinking lip-synced "Against All Odds" as Collins sat in the audience. He said, "It was awful." ROLLING STONE added, '"If it wasn’t for the infamous Rob Lowe/Snow White dance number four years later, the “Against All Odds” debacle would probably have gone down in history as the most cringe-inducing Oscar moment of the 1980s."'
To add Oscar insult to injury, "Against All Odds" lost out to Stevie Wonder's fluff piece "I Just Called To Say I Love You" from THE WOMAN IN RED. Collins said, “He is one of my heroes, but I have serious doubts about whether or not that song was actually written for the film." He added, “He’s blind, black, lives in L.A. and does a lot for human rights.”

"Against All Odds" link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1AqKxakRM

"I Just Called To Say I Love You" link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhEFQ7qVZlk

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:22 pm

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1

FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW---trailer released for the spinoff movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SA7FaKxZVI

STAR WARS---Ewan McGregor said he has changed his mind about starring in the prequel trilogy, “Episode III was all green screen: they had us on green disks on a green floor with a green background, and a guy on the floor rotating us like chickens, as we lunged at each other with lightsabers. What keeps you emotionally grounded is the other actor. Episode II, I was on my own, speaking to thin air. But this scene was harrowing for Obi-Wan. I lose Anakin, and we see the danger of what it might lead to in Episodes IV, V, and VI. For all my moaning about green screen, I did enjoy playing Obi-Wan and this link to Alec Guinness. George Lucas wanted to do something very different with the prequels. That’s why people felt cheated. It was upsetting when people would laugh and joke about it. Now, many years later, the prequels meant a lot to the generation that were kids then. So from smirking, cynical opinions, now I’m getting feedback from the kids they were made for. I’m really happy about that.”

INVINCIBLE---Amazon Prime/Robert Kirkman animated superhero tv series underway with a voice cast of Steven Yeun, Mark Hamill, JK Simmons, Sandra Oh and Seth Rogen.

LADY BUSINESS---Brie Larson stars in this Netflix movie based on the true story of two young female entrepreneurs who invent a male partner so they can be taken seriously in the male-dominated business world.

FRUIT LOOPS---Woody Harrelson is in talks to star in this movie as a Vietnam veteran officer who suffers from PTSD and is part of a group of mental patients who band together when their hospital is sold.

YOUR HONOR---Bryan Cranston stars in this Showtime ten-part miniseries about a New Orleans judge who gets involved in political corruption after his son's hit-and-run accident.

THE BIG BANG THEORY---CBS Entertainment head Kelly Kahl said the network is open to another spinoff series.

FRANKENSTEIN---CBS pilot underway about a dead cop who is brought back to life by Dr. Victor Frankenstein.

NETFLIX---Netflix renewed FULLER HOUSE for Season 5 which will be the last season and renewed SEX EDUCATION for Season 2.

SHAMELESS---Showtime renewed the series for Season 6.

DIARY OF A FEMALE PRESIDENT---Disney+ series underway about a 12 year-old Cuban girl who comes to the US and wants to be President.

STARDUST---Johnny Flynn (BEAST) will play David Bowie in this biomovie about Bowie's first visit to the US in 1971.

TRIVIA---two of Katharine Ross's five husbands worked with her on BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Cinematographer Conrad Hall, who won the first of his three Academy Awards for BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, was husband number three. Sam Elliott, husband number five, had his card game scene with Robert Redford deleted. Elliott said he never met Ross while on the film set of BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, "I didn't dare try to talk to her then. She was the leading lady. I was a shadow on the wall, a glorified extra in a bar scene." Ross and Elliott starred together in the horror movie THE LEGACY where they fell in love and married.

Katharine Ross starred with Paul Newman and Robert Redford in BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID.

Cinematographer Conrad Hall, Ross's third husband, won his first of three Academy Awards for BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID.

Sam Elliott, Ross's fifth and current husband, had his card game scene with Robert Redford deleted, but he married Ross after they starred together in THE LEGACY.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News