[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 3:34 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:25 pm

FRIDAY, JULY 27

HUNTER KILLER---trailer released for the submarine action movie starring Gerard Butler and Gary Oldman.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnP_z3qXDCQ

SHOE DOG---Netflix/Frank Marshall movie underway based on the memoir by Phil Knight, founder of Nike.

DEAR ABBY---Natalie Portman is in negotiations to be the star/director of the untitled biomovie in which she will play twin sisters Esther and Pauline Friedman who later became bitter rival advice columnists "Dear Abby" and Ann Landers.

HALLOWEEN---director David Gordon Green said Dr. Loomis, originally played by Donald Pleasance, will return for the sequel, “We have a Donald Pleasence soundalike. Because obviously he’s no longer with us, but having someone that could mimic his voice was a fun challenge. And we nailed it, I think. If I do say so myself. And then there’s a couple other [nods to the past films]. There’s a vocal cameo you may or may not notice till the end credits.”

CHARLIE'S ANGELS---the latest reboot of the ABC cop series CHARLIE'S ANGELS is the Sony Pictures movie starring Kristin Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska. Elizabeth Banks will play Bosley and is also the director/co-writer.

MIRAGE MAN---20th Century Fox movie underway based on the book about Bruce Ivins, a microbiologist who committed suicide after becoming the FBI's top suspect in the 2001 anthrax attacks.

ALTERED CARBON---Netflix renewed the series for season 2 with Anthony Mackie replacing Joel Kinnaman as Takeshi Kovacs.

THE AFFAIR---Showtime renewed the series for Season 5 which will be the last season.

DAYBREAK---new Netflix series underway based on the zombie plague graphic novel.

HIS DARK MATERIALS---BBC eight-part miniseries underway based on the fantasy novel starring Dafne Keen, James McAvoy, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ruth Wilson.

TRVIA---in the original THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (Jimmy Stewart, Richard Attenborough, Hardy Kruger, Ernest Borgnine), the two passengers killed in the plane crash are played by director Robert Aldrich's son, William, and his son-in-law, Peter Bravos.

William Aldrich

Peter Bravos

Director Robert Aldrich wanted Barrie Chase to perform the fantasy dance sequence topless, but Chase refused.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:49 pm

MONDAY, JULY 30

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---the cast for EPISODE IX, which will end the Skywalker saga, was officially announced: Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleason, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Billie Lourd, Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, Keri Russell, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher (via unused footage from THE FORCE AWAKENS).

STAR TREK 4---Simon Pegg commented on the fourth movie and on Quentin Tarantino's movie, “I’ve met with S.J. [Clarkson] and she’s fizzing with ideas and she has the right attitude. She’s reverent but she’s not slavish. In terms of the story, I have a vague knowledge but it’s nothing I can talk about... Quentin’s idea is another thing. He came in to Bad Robot and pitched it and it’s been put in the bank. I think he had us in mind when he came up with the idea; he likes the new cast. But he’s going to be so busy with ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD that I can’t see him doing it for five or six years, by which time we might be too old anyway.”

THE LORD OF THE RINGS---Amazon hired the team of JD Payne and Patrick McKay (STAR TREK 4, JUNGLE CRUISE) to write the script for the prequel series.

TIME BANDITS---Apple series underway based on the 1981 Terry Gilliam movie. Gilliam is the executive producer.

AMAZON---picked up three new series. THE EXPATRIATES is based on the novel about a group of wealthy expatriates living in Hong Kong. THEM: COVENANT is a horror series about a black family that moves from North Carolina in 1953 to Los Angeles where it encounters a supernatural horror. UPLOAD is a sci fi romantic comedy about dying people who pick their virtual afterlife. Amazon also renewed SNEAKY PETE.

AMC---the network renewed FEAR THE WALKING DEAD, BETTER CALL SAUL, THE TERROR and McMAFIA. It also picked up the new series DISPATCHES FROM ELSEWHERE in which ordinary people stumble onto a puzzle which leads to a vast mystery.

AT&T AUDIENCE NETWORK---the network renewed CONDOR and YOU ME HER.

DEMOLITION MAN---co-writer Daniel Walters said producer Joel Silver wanted to do a sequel with Sylvester Stallone searching for his daughter, who is now older than he is because he was in cryogenic sleep, with Meryl Streep playing the daughter, "I get a call from Joel. 'What do you think of this? Meryl Streep is Stallone's daughter for the sequel. What do you think?' I'm like 'Ok, you get Meryl on the set and I'll come out.'"

THE WALKING DEAD---a fan asked producer Gale Anne Hurd what caused the zombie plague. Hurd quipped, “The meth from BREAKING BAD, for sure”. Robert Kirkman added, “That’s canon, it’s confirmed”.

MANIAC---Netflix/Cary Fukunaga miniseries about two people who join a three-day pharmaceutical trial. Emma Stone, Jonah Hill, Sally Field and Justin Theroux star.

NORMAN LEAR---Lear signed a two-year agreement with Sony Pictures TV which led to speculation that Sony might reboot his sitcoms including ALL IN THE FAMILY and others, but Lear said he won't reboot ALL IN THE FAMILY "or any of them."

SUPERGIRL---Rhona Mitra (THE LAST SHIP) will play villain Mercy Graves, Lex Luthor's bodyguard, in Season 4.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN---Peter Dinklage stars in this Sony Pictures fairy tale movie.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT---Netflix Vice president Cindy Holland commented on the future of the series, “I actually don’t know if [Season 6] is a possibility or not. We haven’t discussed it at all.”

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
George Lazenby, who followed Sean Connery as 007, in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, was married to tennis star Pam Shriver for six years.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:06 pm

TUESDAY, JULY 31

VENOM---new trailer released for the Tom Hardy movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLCn88bfW1o

COWBOY NINJA VIKING---Priyanka Chopra (QUANTICO) is in talks to play Chris Pratt's love interest in the movie based on the graphic novel.

WONDER WOMAN 1984---director Patty Jenkins released a photo of Pedro Pascal in a mystery role in the sequel. Fan speculation is that Pascal is a god in disguise.

OBI-WAN KENOBI---although Lucasfilm has put the Obi-Wan Kenobi and Boba Fett movies on hold after the disappointing SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY, Ewan McGregor was recently asked the status of the movies and if he is still interested in returning as Obi-Wan Kenobi, "I don't know anything more about it than you do I'm afraid to say. I really don't, but I'd be up for it. You know that."

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---all of the movie's main cast issued a statement asking that James Gunn be re-hired after Walt Disney Studios fired him after his controversial tweets about pedophilia and rape. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Pom Klementieff and Michael Rooker signed the statement.

THE LAST SHARKNADO: IT'S ABOUT TIME---poster released for the last of the Syfy franchise's movies which involves time travel.

INDECENT PROPOSAL---remake underway of the 1993 movie that starred Robert Redford and Demi Moore. Erin Cressida Wilson (THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN) will write the script.

NATIONAL TREASURE 3---director Jon Turteltaub explained why a second sequel has not been made, “When NATIONAL TREASURE first got made, there was a lot more money to go around. Everybody got paid nicely. The problem with getting the third one made isn’t the people who are getting paid saying, 'I’m not doing it unless you pay me a lot!' It’s really that Disney feels they have other films they want to make that they think will make them more money. I think they’re wrong. I think they’re right about the movies they’re making; they’re obviously doing a really good job at making great films. I just think this would be one of them, and they don’t quite realize how much the Internet is begging for a third NATIONAL TREASURE.”

SCARFACE---director Antoine Fuqua said he wants his THE EQUALIZER star, Denzel Washington, to star in his remake of SCARFACE, “My dream is for him to be Scarface. He laughs sometimes and he kind of goes, “'(Al) Pacino did a great job! I don’t want to do that.'”

MY SPY---Dave Bautista stars in this comedy spy movie about a CIA agent who befriends a little girl in the family he is assigned to spy on. Peter Segal (GET SMART) is the director.

24---Fox is in the early stages of developing a prequel series about the young Jack Bauer.

TRIVIA---Russian actor Boris Lee Krutonog played a Russian naval officer on the bridge in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, and he played the helmsman on the bridge of the USS Excelsior in STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY. He also appeared on STAR TREK: VOYAGER.

Boris Lee Krutonog on the bridge in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER.

Krutonog on the bridge in STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY and VOYAGER.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:53 pm

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1

JUNGLE CRUISE---teaser trailer with Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt from the comedy adventure movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfirGr042HA

TERMINATOR---official photo shows the sequel's female cast of Natalie Reyes, Mackenzie Davis and Linda Hamilton.

FANTASY ISLAND---Sony Pictures movie underway based on the tv series starring Ricardo Montalban and Herve Villechaize that ran on ABC from 1977-1984. Jeff Wadlow (TRUTH OR DARE) is the director.

FRASIER---Kelsey Grammer confirmed a revival of his sitcom is underway, "This is something we've been discussing. We have wondered where he (Frasier) might be, but he left for Chicago in the last episode of the show, so we have to deal with that at least.
He left to go be with his lady love, who probably didn't stay with him but, you know, some evolution has taken place.
I don't want to play Frasier and go back to Seattle. I mean it would be silly."

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---Skyler Shuler, editor-in-chief of DisInsider, said sources told him Walt Disney Studios will meet with James Gunn to to possibly re-hire him for VOL. 3, "Hearing Disney will sit down with James Gunn. Reinstatement is possible. The Disney Company is taking its time with this situation."

WAR PIGS---Mel Gibson and Colin Farrell star in this movie about two ex-Marines who seek revenge on the drug cartel that killed their comrade and stole their drug money. Tommy Wirkola (HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS) is the director.

TIMELESS---NBC is developing a two-hour series finale for the cancelled time travel series.

THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE---HBO series underway based on the novel and 2009 movie that starred Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams. Steven Moffat (DOCTOR WHO) is the writer.

JOKER---Marc Maron is in talks to play the booking agent on the talk show hosted by Robert De Niro, who is also in talks.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK---a rare poster from the movie sold for $26,400 at auction which is the most ever for a STAR WARS poster.

FAIR AND BALANCED---Nicole Kidman is in talks to play Fox News host Gretchen Carlson in the biomovie about Fox News founder Roger Ailes.

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL---the British Library discovered unused sketches from the private archives given to it by Michael Palin. One of the sketches involves the gay Pink Knight and another is about "the last bookshop before you get to Mexico".

BOSCH---Ryan Hurst (SONS OF ANARCHY) joins the cast as Hector Bonner, investigator and former client of Honey Chandler (Mimi Rogers).

SUPER PETS---Warner Bros./DC Entertainment animated movie underway about the pets of DC superheroes.

THE SANDLOT---20th Century Fox is developing a prequel to the 1993 kids baseball movie. Writer/director David Mickey Evans is returning.

TRIVIA---actor Dermot Mulroney (ZODIAC) is also a professional cellist. While filming a movie, he became friends with the movie's composer, Michael Giacchino. Since then, Mulroney has played the cello in Giacchino's movie scores including MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-GHOST PROTOCOL, JURASSIC WORLD, ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY and STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS.

Dermot Mulroney and Michael Giacchino.

Mulroney during the recording session for MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3.

Mulroney played the cello in Giacchino's scores for MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-GHOST PROTOCOL, JURASSIC WORLD and ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:12 pm

THURSDAY, AUGUST 2

MEN IN BLACK---Rebecca Ferguson (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT) will co-star in the untitled spinoff movie starring Chris Hemsworth. Her role was not disclosed.

BLIND DATE---Sony Pictures remake of the 1987 Blake Edwards comedy movie is underway. The original movie starred Bruce Willis and Kim Basinger.

EVE---Jessica Chastain will star in this action movie about a female assassin being hunted by her former employer.

ALF---Warner Bros. Television reboot underway of the comedy alien tv series that ran on NBC from 1986-1990. Reportedly, the reboot will have Alf escaping from Area 51 where he was imprisoned since the end of the original series.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---inside sources say Walt Disney Studios probably will not re-hire James Gunn after he was fired for posting comments about rape and pedophilia.

SUPERGIRL---Brent Spiner (STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION) will play Vice President Baker.

ECLIPSE---tv series underway based on the comic book about mankind driven underground after a solar flares scorches Earth's surface. A environmental monitor finds a man burned to death on the surface and attempts to solve his murder.

WOOL---AMC tv series underway based on the novels about a sheriff who fights crime in a subterranean society after mankind is driven underground due to toxic air.

THE DANGEROUS BOOK FOR BOYS---Amazon cancelled the series.

THE SWEETEST FIG---movie underway based on the children's books. Paul Feig (GHOSTBUSTERS reboot) is the director.

TRIVIA---Jerry and David Zucker cast their mother, Charlotte, in 17 of their movies including GHOST, AIRPLANE! and their NAKED GUN series.

Charlotte Zucker as the bank officer who is befuddled by Whoopi Goldberg in GHOST.

Zucker as the make-up lady in AIRPLANE!

Zucker as Ricardo Montalban's hypnotized secretary in THE NAKED GUN.

Zucker dines as the evil Dr. Meinheimer imposter soars in front of the Moon in THE NAKED GUN 2 1/2: THE SMELL OF FEAR.

Zucker as the clinic nurse who is befuddled by Lt. Frank Drebin in THE NAKED GUN 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:10 pm

FRIDAY, AUGUST 3

DIE HARD: YEAR ONE---director Len Wiseman (LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD) gave an update on the prequel movie about young John McClane, "DIE HARD’s going to be happening fairly soon. No dates. I’ve been asked about dates before and I’m always wrong. The date is when the script is right which is when we all want to go."
He added that Bruce Willis is returning for the prequel and will help choose the actor playing young McClane, who appears in flashbacks and, "There is [a young Holly Gennero], I will tell you there is." Wiseman hinted Bonnie Bedelia, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jai Courtney may also return as McClane's family.

THE PREDATOR---poster released for the sequel.

KRAVEN THE HUNTER---Sony Pictures Spider-Man spinoff movie underway with Richard Wenk (THE EQUALIZER) writing the script.

STAN & OLLIE---photo released of Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly starring in the biomovie about Laurel and Hardy's British tour in 1953.

McDONALD'S MONOPOLY---20th Century Fox/Ben Affleck/Matt Damon movie underway based on the true story of ex-cop Jerome Jacobson, security head of the company that made game pieces for McDonald's Monopoly Game, who conspired with a psychic, strip club owners, drug dealers and a Mormon family, to steal $24 million by rigging the game.
Affleck will direct the movie with a script written by Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese (DEADPOOL).

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI---Gary Whitta (ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY) defended Rian Johnson (THE LAST JEDI) amidst fan backlash, “Look, I would not necessarily have made every choice that Rian made because I’m not the same person or writer or fan that he is, but I respect and admire and appreciate and support every choice he did make. The film he wrote is far braver and more mature and more challenging than I could ever have written.
I suspect that I would have written a more fan service-driven film that would have appeased some of that noisy minority but ultimately would have been a lesser and less important film because of it. Frankly, I’m disgusted by the treatment that Rian has received, he’s not just one of the most talented filmmakers working today but one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet in any walk of life, and both he and the film he made deserve far better.”

THE BATMAN---writer/director Matt Reeves said the script is almost finished, "We are working on getting our draft [in] the next couple weeks."
Reeves denied rumors the movie will be based on Frank Miler's "Batman: Year One" comic book, “We’re not doing any particular [comic]…Year One is one of the many comic books that I love. We are definitely not doing Year One. It’s just exciting to be focused very specifically on a tale that is defining for him and very personal to him. Obviously we’re not doing an origin tale or anything like that. We’re doing a story that is definitively Batman though and trying to tell a story that’s emotional and yet is really about him being the world’s greatest detective and all the things that for me, since I was a kid, made me love Batman.”

THE RED CIRCLE---US remake of the 1970 French heist movie LE CERCLE ROUGE. The remake has two criminals and an ex-Hong Kong cop who plan a big heist while battling a mobster and a relentless police investigator.

MINDHUNTERS---Season 2 will focus on serial killers Dennis Rader (the BTK Killer) and Wayne Williams (Atlanta Child Murders), but Charles Manson and David Berkowitz (the Son of Sam) will also appear.

TRIVIA---Danny Glover's first movie role was in ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ as a convict who picks from Clint Eastwood's library cart.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:02 pm

MONDAY, AUGUST 6

STAR TREK---Patrick Stewart announced he is returning for a new CBS All Access series about the future adventures of Jean-Luc Picard, “I will always be very proud to have been a part of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with STAR TREK had run its natural course. It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over."

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---photo released of Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate in the Quentin Tarantino movie about the Charles Manson Cult murders.

SHOGUN---FX 10-part miniseries underway based on the James Clavell novel. Tim Van Patten (THE SOPRANOS, THE PACIFIC) is the director/producer. The 1980 NBC miniseries starred Richard Chamberlain, Toshiro Mifune and Yoko Shimada.

ALCATRAZ---movie underway about the 1962 prison escape from the legendary prison by convict Frank Morris and two others. James Foley (FIFTY SHADES OF GREY) is the director. Clint Eastwood played Morris in the 1973 movie ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ.

HALLOWEEN---producer Malek Akkad hinted William Shatner might appear in a future HALLOWEEN sequel due to his indirect connection to the classic John Carpenter movie. The mask worn by Michael Myers in the original HALLOWEEN was a modified Captain Kirk mask. Akkad was asked if Shatner had expressed an interest in appearing in a HALLOWEEN sequel, "Not to me directly, and from what I hear he doesn’t really acknowledge it. I think he makes light of it. We actually have one of the original impressions of Shatner in our office in L.A., so obviously we’re really grateful to him, and in certain ways we’ve tried to reach out to him (to) maybe do an appearance? Lord knows he’s busy enough with STAR TREK stuff…but you never know.”

LOST---Evangeline Lilly said she is angry after being pressured to do partially nude scenes for the series, “In Season 3, I’d had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter. And I was mortified and I was trembling when it finished. I was crying my eyes out and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter."
She added, “In Season 4, another scene came up where Kate was undressing and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control. And I failed to control it again. So I then said, ‘That’s it, no more. You can write whatever you want — I won’t do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again.’ And I didn’t.”
JJ Abrams and the producers issued an apology to Lilly, "Our response to Evie’s comments in the media was to immediately reach out to her to profoundly apologize for the experience she detailed while working on Lost. We have not yet connected with her, but remain deeply and sincerely sorry. No person should ever feel unsafe at work. Period."

THE OLD MAN & THE GUN---Robert Redford, 81, said this is his last movie and he is now retiring.

THE LAST NEANDERTHAL---movie underway about "an epic adventure and a powerful drama, a tale of survival, revenge, and redemption that draws on recent discoveries to depict a prehistorical tale.” Joe and Anthony Russo (AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR) are the producers.

THE PRIMEVALS---the 1994 stop motion monster movie begun by special effects master David W. Allen (HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS; WILLOW) is being finished after Allen's death in 1999. The movie starred Leon Russom (A QUIET PLACE, STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY).

THE PREDATOR---Edward James Olmos said his role in the sequel was deleted due to time, “I’m not in the show though—It was too long so my character, they had to take me out. They were like half an hour, 3/4 of an hour too long. So I understand why. It was gracious of them to call me and tell me, ‘Hey, we really feel bad,’ you know?”

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---the sixth movie in the franchise is underway with director Joachim Ronning.

FARGO---FX renewed the series for season 4 which will star Chris Rock as the head of a black crime family who agrees to trade his son for the son of the rival boss of the Italian crime family.

BAYWATCH---the lifeguard tv series is being released in HD for syndication. If it is successful the series might be rebooted.

THE FACTS OF LIFE---reboot of the sitcom that ran on NBC from 1979-1988 is underway at Sony Pictures Television. Star Charlotte Rae, 92, recently died.

DR. QUINN MEDICINE WOMAN---Jane Seymour said she wants her series to be rebooted, "They have brought back absolutely everything, I have no idea why they wouldn’t bring this back…people all over the world, all cultures, love DR. QUINN MEDICINE WOMAN…It’s so relevant to today, it could not be more relevant because it was all about people, the immigration into America.
The fans literally pleaded with Les Moonves and did everything they could to get him to put Dr. Quinn back on and he resolutely said no. My hope is that somebody somewhere at CBS will say hey let another studio do it!…It’s such a good show.” The series ran on CBS from 1993-1998.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---FX renewed the series for Season 10. Jessica Lange is returning for Season 8.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, Samoan professional wrestler Peter Maivia played the SPECTRE thug who fights with Sean Connery. Maivia's grandson is former WWE wrestler and actor Dwayne Johnson.

Peter Maivia and Sean Connery do battle in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

Peter Maivia's grandson is Dwayne Johnson.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm

TUESDAY, AUGUST 7

STAR TREK---CBS Studios TV head David Stapf said the network is developing more STAR TREK projects, "My goal is that there should be a STAR TREK something on all the time on All Access. We know it draws an audience, and DISCOVERY has done quite well."
CBS All Access head Marc DeBevoise said, in addition to the new Jean-Luc Picard series, “We’re looking at limited series for some Trek shows, and we are looking at ongoing series for some other Trek shows. We’ve obviously announced the one that’s coming next with Sir Patrick Stewart, but we have more in development there.”
CBC Vice President Julie McNamara said, "We’ve really talked about virtually all of the characters who popped in DISCOVERY as potential spin-off shows. It’s obviously very much driven by our conversations with Alex Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout and the other creators involved. I wouldn’t say at this point that we are actively pursuing a Michelle Yeoh series but it has been discussed."
Also, series designer Glenn Hetrick said the Klingons will have a new look in Season 2, “It has been a while since we have seen our Klingon friends. So, everything keeps evolving. The story has evolved. And I can guarantee you this, you are going to be blown away that they have a completely new look, yet again, going into season two.”
He added, “In Season 2, you are going to see much different designs. You are going to see different houses you haven’t seen before. One of the most important things to us was that at this point in canon, as we head towards the current version of unification, the houses really each grow up on different planets. It is an Empire, it is not just Qo’noS…We have seen six of the great houses in close up in season one. As we move forward into the next season, I promise that we will continue exploring and unpacking and unfolding that infinitely interesting story of what the Klingon culture looks like on a wider level.”

HEDY LAMARR---Gal Gadot is in talks to star in the untitled Showtime ten-part miniseries about Austrian actress Hedy Lamarr (SAMSON AND DELILAH). During World War II, Lamarr and composer George Anthell invented a radio guidance system for torpedoes that was adopted by the Navy in the 1960s and is used in today's Bluetooth and WiFi.

STAR WARS---the Jon Favreau live-action tv series for Walt Disney's streaming service will cost about $100 million for ten episodes.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---the Warner Bros. Monarch Sciences website used geographic sites to hint at other monsters that might appear in the sequel. Scotland (Loch Ness Monster), Australia (Shinomura), Wyoming (Obsidius, Rodan), Siberia (1959 Siberian Mystery), Peru (Mothra) and the Bermuda Triangle (Hedorah).

THE WITCHER---Netflix series underway based on the novels. Henry Cavill seemed to suggest he's open to appearing in the series, “I just replayed [The Witcher 3] all the way through. Love that game. Really good game… [Geralt] would be an amazing role… The books are really, really good, the books I started reading, and they are well worth a read.”

HALO--Master Chief will be a lead character in the Showtime series based on the video game.

HOMELAND---Showtime announced that Season 8 will be the last season.

KILLER INTENT---tv series underway based on the novels. Duncan Jones (MOON) is the director.

BIRDS OF PREY---Black Mask is reportedly the villain in the SUICIDE SQUAD spinoff movie.

AMERICAN PIE---Tara Reid said she's hopeful another sequel could start filming this year.

HUSTLER---Jennifer Lopez will star in this movie based on the article about strippers who plot to steal from their Wall Street clientele.

TRIVIA---Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS was based on a Daphne du Maurier short story.
Her husband, Sir Frederick Browning, said about Operation Market Garden, the disastrous Allied invasion of Holland in World War II, "I think we might be going a bridge too far." His comment inspired the title for the best-selling book and movie A BRIDGE TOO FAR.

Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS (Tippi Hedren, Rod Taylor) was based on the Daphne du Maurier short story.

Du Maurier's husband, Frederick Browning said, "a bridge too far", which inspired the title for the book and movie A BRIDGE TOO FAR.

Dirk Bogarde played Frederick Browning in A BRIDGE TOO FAR which also starred Sean Connery, Robert Redford, Michael Caine, Anthony Hopkins, Gene Hackman, James Caan, Edward Fox, Laurence Olivier, Ryan O'Neal, Maximilian Schell, Liv Ullman and Hardy Kruger.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:29 pm

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8

THE LAST SHARKNADO: IT'S ABOUT TIME---new trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQG4kKlyCDM

THE GOOD NURSE---Jessica Chastain and Eddie Redmayne are in negotiations to star in this movie about nurse Charlie Cullen, the "Angel of Death" who is suspected of killing over 400 patients which would make him history's biggest serial killer.

GAME OF THRONES---HBO submitted the script for the Season 7 finale for an Emmy. The script implies that Tormund Giantsbane and Beric Dondarrion survived as the Night King destroyed The Wall, "[Tormund and Beric] run for their lives and disappear from view". This means the two might return for Season 8.

10 MINUTES GONE---Bruce Willis plays the villain in this movie about a man who loses ten minutes of his memory after being shot in the head during a botched bank heist. He must reconstruct the missing minutes to find out who sabotaged the heist and who has the money as a crime boss pursues him.

SCOTTY BOWERS---movie remake of the documentary SCOTTY AND THE SECRET HISTORY OF HOLLYWOOD in which ex-Marine Scotty Bowers claims to have built a career around procuring gay lovers for Hollywood's elite including Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn, Charles Laughton, Cary Grant, Randolph Scott, Tennessee Williams and Gore Vidal.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME---Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders will co-star with Tom Holland in the sequel.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---sources say, "Marvel Studios may have indeed tossed out James Gunn's script for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.3."

WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM---movie underway about the clash between Orson Welles and producer John Houseman which almost derailed the classic 1938 radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds".

BIRD BOX---Sandra Bullock and John Malkovich star in this Netflix movie based on the post-apocalyptic horror novel.

SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE---Epix tv series underway based on the Kurt Vonnegut novel. The 1972 movie starred Michael Sacks and Valerie Perrine.

IN THE TALL GRASS---Patrick Wilson, James Marsden and Laysla De Oliveria star in this movie based on the Stephen King/Joe Hill novella.

PACHINKO---Apple tv series underway based on the novel.

MARVEL TV---ABC President Channing Dungey said the network is developing more Marvel tv projects, “We’re cooking up a couple things for broadcast. There’s one that I want to talk about and [Marvel TV head] Jeph Loeb won’t let me.”

DOOM PATROL---Mr. Nobody will be the villain in the DC Universe streaming series.

BATWOMAN---Ruby Rose will star in the CW lesbian superhero series and will appear in the annual DC superhero crossover event.

HEY THERE DELILAH---romantic dramedy tv series underway based on the song.

TRIVIA---Russell Crowe and Tomas Arana appeared together in L.A. CONFIDENTIAL and GLADIATOR.

In L.A. CONFIDENTIAL, Arana played a crooked cop who tried to kill fellow cop Crowe, but is done in by his intended target.

In GLADIATOR, Arana played Quintus, an ally of Crowe (Maximus) who turned against him, but helped save him in his Coliseum battle with Joaquin Phoenix (Commodus).

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:44 pm

THURSDAY, AUGUST 9

MAC AND ME---Japanese version of the movie has the alternate ending showing wheelchair-bound Eric being shot by police.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOuZnmSujt8

SUPERGIRL---Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are developing a Supergirl movie with Oren Uziel (22 JUMP STREET) writing the script. Helen Slater and Faye Dunaway starred in the 1984 SUPERGIRL movie.

FONZO--photo released of Tom Hardy starring in the Al Capone biomovie.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---sources say James Gunn might return to Marvel Studios for other projects, "hope through the talks that Gunn could return in some fashion". Another possibility is that Walt Disney Studios might use Gunn's script for VOL. 3, although earlier reports say it had ditched his script.
Sources said Gunn is wanted by, "major players" and Oscar-winning producers, including Warner Bros. They are waiting for for his exit negotiations to end which is expected to pay Gunn $7 million-$10 million.

SUPERHERO HEIST---Legendary Pictures is developing a superhero movie described as, “being a subversion on the superhero genre in which a group of career criminals stage a heist on the lair of a superhero and must escape with their lives when everything goes wrong.”

JUMANJI 3---director Jake Kasdan said the next sequel will be more connected to the Dwayne Johnson movie instead of the original Robin Williams movie, “Our hope is to keep a long continuity through the whole thing, even though the story that we’re telling in the second movie, the movie that we’re working on right now is much more connected to the first movie that I made a year ago than it is to the original. We love the idea of keeping all of this together and connected in some way or another.”

MIDWAY---Patrick Wilson (INSIDIOUS) will play Navy intelligence officer Edwin Layton in the Roland Emmerich movie about the pivotal World War II naval battle. Woody Harrelson and Luke Evans also star.

THE MEG---director Jon Turtletaub said bloody R-rated scenes were removed to give the movie a PG rating. Jason Statham said, "Jon’s interpretation of this is a fun end of summer [movie]. It’s full of humor. It’s a little bit more directed to a different taste of what my own is in terms of I like more gory adult stuff. I’m a lot older but I can’t speak for what this film could possibly speak to a younger audience. I might have made a film that not many people wanted to see. I’m not a filmmaker. I’m sort of an actor that’s going to portray a role. I go there but I’ve learned not to get too attached to your own idea of what something could be."

JUST MERCY---Brie Larson is in negotiations to co-star with Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx in the courtroom drama movie. Her role was not disclosed.

HUNTING SEASON---movie underway about a woman who searches for her missing roommate and discovers she is the target for a group of hunters. Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Deanna Russo, Bruce Davison and Sean Maher star.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG---Ben Schwartz will provide the voice for Sonic.

TRIVIA---in PREDATOR, Shane Black is reading a SGT. ROCK comic book. The comic books were on the film set because Arnold Schwarzenegger was reading them to prepare for a SGT. ROCK movie that was cancelled.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News