[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 3:11 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:32 pm

FRIDAY, JULY 13

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---photo released show Godzilla using his atomic breath and Millie Bobby Brown with Vera Farmiga.
Director Michael Dougherty said about the sequel's Rodan, "Rodan’s been kind of a sidekick character, but I’ve always had a soft spot for him... In a lot of ways he’s more powerful than Godzilla. He’s like this winged A-bomb. I think we’ve done him justice.”

STAR TREK 4---Danai Gurira (BLACK PANTHER, THE WALKING DEAD) is in talks to co-star in the sequel. The plot is rumored to be Captain Kirk meets his father during time travel.
Gurira is also in talks to co-star in the GODZILLA VS KONG sequel.

AQUAMAN---photo of Djimon Hounsou as the Fisherman King in the Jason Momoa movie.

BLACK WIDOW---Cate Shortland (SOMERSAULT) will direct the Marvel Studios movie starring Scarlett Johansson.

DUNE---the Denis Villeneuve movie will reportedly start filming in February, 2019 at Orgio Film Studios in Budapest where Villeneuve filmed BLADE RUNNER 2049.

WESTWORLD---after Ed Harris said he was confused by Season 2, Evan Rachel Wood commented on Season 2, "I had no idea what was happening in Season two. At all. And we shot out of order, so most of the time — I mean, it was insane to be an actor on Season two. I don’t know how I feel about it. [Laughs.] But it was a ride. We stopped reading the call sheets. We would show up and Jeffrey [Wright] and I would ask what episode we were in. It was kind of that level of — we just lived in the moment in whatever scene that we were doing and that’s how we made it."

THE JOKER---Thomas Wayne, Batman's father, will reportedly play a key part in the Joaquin Phoenix movie.

DOWNTON ABBEY---the movie is officially underway with the original main cast returning.

TOTO---Warner Bros. animated movie underway based on the book TOTO: THE DOG-GONE AMAZING STORY OF THE WIZARD OF OZ.

POMS---Diane Keaton, Jackie Weaver, Pam Grier and Rhea Perlman star in this comedy movie about women who start a cheerleading squad in their retirement community.

TRIVIA---a 1980 Volkswagen Scirocco was the reason Betsy Palmer agreed to appear in FRIDAY THE 13TH.
Palmer said, “I had a Mercedes, which I had for a number of years, and it broke down on the Connecticut turnpike. So I said to myself, ‘I need a new car, universe.'"
She continued, “So the phone rang and my agent said, ‘How would you like to do a movie?’ and I said, ‘Great. That will pay for the car that I want to buy."'
After her agent told her it was a horror movie, she replied, “And I said, ‘Oh no'. So the script came and I read it and said, ‘What a piece of sh*t. No one is ever going to see this. It will come. And it will go. And I will have my Scirocco.'”
The MSRP base price for a 1980 Scirocco was $8.860. Palmer received $10,000 for the movie.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:10 pm

MONDAY, JULY 16

VENOM--photos released of Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock/Venom and Riz Ahmed as Dr. Carlton Drake.

JOHN WICK 3: PARABELLUM---photo released of Keanu Reeves in the sequel.

ZOMBIELAND 2---Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin and director Ruben Fleischer are confirmed to be returning for the zombie sequel.

THE DEAD DON'T DIE---Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Chloe Sevigny, Tilda Swinton, Steve Buscemi and Selena Gomez star in this zombie comedy movie.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---photo released from Season 2 shows Michael Burnham on the USS Enterprise after Season 1's cliffhanger in which the Discovery receives an SOS from Captain Pike aboard the Enterprise.

BACK TO THE FUTURE 4---Christopher Lloyd said he would gladly return if a fourth movie arises, "I'd be delighted. I'd love to be in a fourth film, if they could come up with the right idea that extends the story and does it as well as the first three."
He added, "Well, I think it's a matter of, first of all, it's important if Bob Zemeckis and [screenwriter] Bob Gale are excited about doing another episode. I think, really, the most important thing is if they can come up with the right idea. I think that's the challenge is to come up with something that really is as good as the originals. I suppose it could happen."

RUB & TUG---Scarlett Johansson has withdrawn from the biomovie about transgendered crime lord Dante "Tex" Gill due to protests from the transgendered community.

ROGUE TROOPER---Duncan Jones is directing a movie based on a sci fi comic strip which is about a genetically-engineered, blue super soldier who goes rogue.

THE JOKER--Frances McDormand reportedly turned down the role of The Joker's mother.

THE NEVERS---Joss Whedon/HBO sci fi series about a group of Victorian women with superpowers.

BURNING SECRET---a script co-written by Stanley Kubrick based on the Stefan Zweig novella was seen by Professor Nathan Abrams of Bangor University in England. The 100+ page script was shown to Abrams by the son of an anonymous Kubrick collaborator, “It’s a full script: beginning, middle, end. As to whether that was the final one, we can’t say.”
Abrams added, “Whether it would fit Stanley Kubrick’s vision, that’s a whole other matter….You have to add into the mix that Stanley only ever looked at a screenplay as a blueprint to which he then added his audiovisual expertise.”

LA VERITE---Ethan Hawke, Juliette Binoche and Catherine Deneuve star in this movie about a couple who travel to France where the wife's mother, a famous actress, has published her autobiography which leads to secrets being revealed.

SWEETBITTER---Starz renewed the series for Season 2.

FROZEN 2---Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K. Brown are in talks to join the sequel's voice cast.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Walter Gotell, a veteran German character actor, appeared in seven Bond movies. He played played KGB General Gogol in six 007 movies. Gotell made a career of playing German or Russian military/spy characters in movies such as THE AFRICAN QUEEN, SINK THE BISMARCK!, THE GUNS OF NAVARONE, 55 DAYS AT PEKING, BLACK SUNDAY and THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL. His tv appearances include THE X-FILES, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, KNIGHT RIDER, THE A-TEAM and MacGYVER.

Walter Gotell's first James Bond movie role was SPECTRE's Morzeny in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

Gotell as KGB General Gogol with Barbara Bach in THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

Gotell as Gogol in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.

Gotell as Gogol in OCTOPUSSY.

Gotell as a German naval officer in THE AFRICAN QUEEN with Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn.

Gotell as German Lieutenant Muesel in THE GUNS OF NAVARONE with Gregory Peck.

Gotell as German Captain Hoffman in 55 DAYS AT PEKING.

Gotell as Colonel Riat in BLACK SUNDAY with his FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE co-star Robert Shaw.

Gotell as Nazi Mundt in THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:12 pm

TUESDAY, JULY 17

PATIENT ZERO---trailer released for the pandemic sci fi movie starring Matt Smith, Natalie Dormer and Stanley Tucci.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9uddyaqAPE

DUNE---Timothee Chalamet is in negotiations for the lead role of Paul Atreides in the Denis Villeneuve remake movie.

CALL OF THE WILD---Harrison Ford is in talks to play John Thornton in the 20th Century Fox movie based on the Jack London novel. Chris Sanders (HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON) is the director. Michael Green (LOGAN) is the writer.

THE FIRST---photo released from the Hulu series starring Sean Penn and Natascha McElhone as members of the first manned mission to Mars.

THE WALKING DEAD---Lauren Ridloff will play Connie, who uses sign language to communicate, in Season 9.

BATWOMAN---synopsis released for the new CW pilot featuring a lesbian Batwoman. Caroline Dries (SMALLVILLE) is the writer. Greg Berlanti is the executive producer.

"In the series, Kate Kane, armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope."

THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES---Hulu won the rights to the Anne Rice tv series based on her novels.

BIRDS OF PREY---the Margot Robbie/DC Comics movie will feature Harley Quinn, Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain and Renee Montoya.

BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE---Keanu Reeves is not optimistic about another movie in the series, "I don't know if it's a reality. We've been trying for a long time to get that film made, and it still has its challenges. I really love the characters, and I think we have a good story to tell. Part of it is show business stuff - financing, rights, deals. Nothing creatively."

NETFLIX---Netflix/Mark Millar movie and tv series underway are: JUPITER'S LEGACY, AMERICAN JESUS, EMPRESS, HUCK and SHARKEY THE BOUNTY HUNTER.

RANSOM---CBS renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN, the movie's composer, James Horner, has a cameo as a cadet on the Enterprise shortly before the big battle scene.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 pm

WEDNESDAY, JULY 18

OVERLORD---trailer released for the JJ Abrams horror D-Day movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USPd0vX2sdc

ROBIN HOOD--trailer released for the movie starring Taron Egerton and Jamie Foxx.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwPn9ZnbCo0&t=41s

JURASSIC PARK---a giant statue of Jeff Goldblum in his classic pose was erected in London for the 25th anniversary of the movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1P9T5hviVY

FORBES CELEBRITY 100---FORBES released its 2018 list of the 100 highest-paid celebrities. The top 10 are:

1. Floyd Mayweather--$285 million
2. George Clooney--$239 million
3. Kylie Jenner--$166.5 million
4. Judy Sheindlin--$147 million
5. Dwayne Johnson--$124 million
6. U2--$118 million
7. Coldplay--$$115 million
8. Lionel Messi--$110 million
9. Ed Sheeran--$110 million
10.Cristano Ronaldo--$108 million

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME---Numan Acar will play a character known as Dmitri. It speculated that Dmitri is really the villain Chameleon. Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton and Zendaya are returning.

THE PREDATOR---Shane Black commented on the Upgrade Predator which has DNA from creatures it has hunted before, "If the predator was to be an amalgam of, not just an ordinary predator, but also a collection of traits garnered from the various most powerful species that they’ve hunted, then you basically would have one that is stronger, faster, and smarter. We finally got an image that we liked, which captures this very canny, very cunning, and effortlessly powerful, savage predator. One of the only quibbles that I’ve had with some of the past predators is that, if you’re not careful, it can look like a guy in a football suit; big, bulky guy just stomping around. I wanted a certain more graceful, more light, more athletic quality, literally like a predator. If you watch a cheetah, it’s not clunky."

JAGGED EDGE---Melissa London Hilfers (BLASPHEMY) will write the script for the Halle Berry/Sony Pictures remake of the 1985 movie. Glenn Close and Jeff Bridges starred in the original movie.

TALES FROM THE LOOP---Amazon sci fi tv series underway based on the art of Sweden's Simon Stalenhag.

CREEPSHOW---Shudder/Greg Nicotero (THE WALKING DEAD) remake of the 1982 tv horror series is underway.

TRIVIA---Henry Mancini, the Oscar-winning composer did a cameo when he appeared on FRASIER as a troubled caller who didn't like his voice.

Mancini/caller: "I hate my voice. I mean, I know no one likes the sound of their own voice, especially when they hear it on tape, because it doesn't sound as good as it does in their own head. But I hate my voice in my head too.

"And you can't get away from your own voice either, you know. I've tried not listening to myself when I talk. But I find myself kind of saying things that don't make a lot of sense.

"I hate my voice so much, I had to call a neighbor in to do the message on my answering machine. I don't like his voice very much either, but it's better than mine. Not that I get a lot of calls, anyways. Well, you go figure.

"Any advice, Dr. Crane?"

Frasier: "Yes. Just go on with what you're doing, and everything should turn out all right. Thank you for your call!"

After the call, Mancini's Oscar-winning "Moon River" is then played by the radio station.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:28 pm

THURSDAY, JULY 19

HALLOWEEN---poster released for the sequel.

JAMES BOND 25---a source said the official casting call hints the villains are a Russian male and female team.

Male Leading Role
Playing age: 30s - 60s
Russian. (Also open to suggestions of actors from the Balkans or similar) Must speak fluent English.
Characteristics: Charismatic, Powerful, Innovative, Cosmopolitan, Bright, Cold and Vindictive.

Female Leading Role
Playing age: 30 - 45
Russian. (Also open to suggestions of actresses from the Balkans or similar) Must speak fluent English.
Very Striking. Strong Physical / fighting / stage combat skills required.
Characteristics: Intelligent, brave, fierce and charming. She's witty and skillful. A survivor.

THE WALKING DEAD---news cast additions were announced for Season 9. Eleanor Matsuura will play lesbian Yumiko. Dan Fogler (FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM) will play an undisclosed character. Also, Michael Cudlitz (Abraham Ford) will return as the director of Episode 7.

STAR TREK 4---reportedly the sequel is seeking two female actors, both 45-60 years old, to play the main villain and a new hero.

SIX UNDERGROUND---Ryan Reynolds stars in this Netflix movie about a team of four men and two women who battle evil. Dave Franco is in talks to play one of the team members.The writers are the DEADPOOL team of Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese. Michael Bay is the director.

DOCTOR WHO---new photo released of Jodie Whitaker as the new Doctor Who.

JOKER---Warner Bros. confirmed the official title of the Joaquin Phoenix movie is JOKER. Robert De Niro is reportedly in talks to co-star in the movie.

THE PREDATOR---producer John Davis said there are plans for two more sequels with Shane Black returning.

M3GAN---sci fi movie underway about a toy company roboticist who develops a life-like AI doll to help her recently-orphaned niece which leads to dire circumstances. James Wan is the director.

JUSTICE LEAGUE---Warner Bros. confirmed it will not release the Zack Snyder version of the movie.

JACOB'S LADDER---Jeff Buhler (THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN) will rewrite the script for the remake of the 1990 movie that starred Tim Robbins.

CATHERINE THE GREAT---HBO miniseries underway starring Helen Mirren as Catherine the Great and Jason Clarke as Grigory Potemkin.

TRIVIA---before he wrote the best-selling novel and Oscar-winning script for THE EXORCIST, William Peter Blatty co-wrote three comedy movies with Blake Edwards. A SHOT IN THE DARK was the sequel to THE PINK PANTHER, DARLING LILI was a World War I comedy musical and WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE WAR, DADDY? was a World War II comedy. Blatty and Edwards also wrote GUNN, the movie based on Edwards's hit Peter Gunn tv series.

Blatty wrote the best-selling novel and Oscar-winning script for THE EXORCIST.

Blatty and Blake Edwards wrote THE PINK PANTHER sequel, A SHOT IN THE DARK, which starred Peter Sellers and Elke Sommer.

Blatty and Edwards wrote the World War I comedy musical DARLING LILI starring Julie Andrews and Rock Hudson.

Blatty and Edwards wrote the World War II comedy WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE WAR, DADDY? starring James Coburn and Dick Shawn.

Blatty and Edwards wrote GUNN, the movie based on Edwards's hit Peter Gunn tv series.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 pm

FRIDAY, JULY 20

NIGHTFLYERS---trailer released for the Syfy series based on the George RR Martin novella.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBuKZNndfk

DOCTOR WHO---trailer released for the new Doctor Who.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEc-OQ_oqDk

ORIGIN---trailer released for the Youtube Premium sci fi series set aboard a giant spaceship headed towards the planet Thea.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Povj1x_vmEs

THE WALKING DEAD---Robert Kirkman commented on Andrew Lincoln leaving the series, "It’s looking that way. It does make the differences between the show and the comic a little bit more pronounced."
Kirkman added, "He wants to do something special on the way out. We’ve got something amazing planned. I wouldn’t want to spoil anything, but anyone who’s been a fan of his journey, who loves Rick Grimes, who loves the world of THE WALKING DEAD, you’re going to want to see what we do."

THE PREDATOR---poster released for the sequel. A scene shown at Comic-Con showed the Predator stalking people in a school which leads to it battling the Super Predator. Shane Black said the scene is being tweaked to add more blood.

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS---Fox Europe new eight-part miniseries underway based on the HG Wells novel in which Martians invade present day America. This is not related to the BBC miniseries currently underway.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---new photo from Season 2.

CATS---Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, James Corden and Ian McKellen will star in the movie based on the musical.

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX---Greg Grunberg was asked if he will reunite with his friend, JJ Abrams, for EPISODE IX as Resistance pilot Temmin Wexley, “You know what – we’d better or else my wife is going to kill me for growing a beard. I can’t officially say anything, but this is getting itchy, and I’m getting itchy to go over there [England] and do it.”

AQUAMAN---image shows Aquaman atop his giant sea dragon.

JOKER---Zazie Beetz (DEADPOOL 2) is in talks to play "a single mother who catches the interest of the man who will become the Clown Prince of Crime.”

MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE---rumors say the two supporting characters in the Jared Leto movie are Emil Nikos and Martine Bancroft, the fiancee of Morbius.

BLACK SUMMER---Jaime King (SIN CITY) stars in this new Netflix zombie series about a woman who searches for her missing daughter after a zombie apocalypse.

STARGIRL---new live-action tv series underway for the DC Universe streaming service, Geoff Johns is the writer.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY---Season 8 will be titled AMERICAN HORROR STORY: APOCALYPSE.

TRIVIA---in HEAVEN CAN WAIT, Warren Beatty tried to get co-star Dyan Cannon to persuade her ex-husband, Cary Grant, to come out our retirement with a $1 million offer to play Mr. Jordan. Grant turned the offer down, and James Mason played Mr. Jordan.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 am

MONDAY, JULY 23

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVDtmouV9kM

AQUAMAN---trailer released for the Jason Momoa movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU&t=31s

GLASS---trailer released for the sequel to UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ghQs5AmNk&t=51s

SHAZAM!---official trailer released for the Zachary Levi movie.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY&t=8s

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---trailer released for Season 2. Also, it was announced that Rebecca Romijn will play "Number One" in the role that Majel Barrett-Roddenberry played in the STAR TREK pilot episode "The Cage".

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZGUl_RHuzE&t=19s

THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE---trailer released for Season 3. Amazon renewed the series for Season 4.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6haXll5wFc

THE ORVILLE---trailer released for Season 2.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavy7qZ1aoo&t=9s

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3---Walt Disney Studios fired James Gunn over his tweets making fun of pedophilia and rape that were posted from 2009-2012. A fan petition at Change.org is calling for Gunn to be re-hired and has over 139,000 signatures.

TOP GUN 2---Jennifer Connelly is in negotiations to co-star as the single mother and owner of a bar near a Navy base in the Tom Cruise sequel.

TOM CLANCY'S JACK RYAN---Noomi Rapace (PROMETHEUS) will co-star as German agent Harriet "Harry" Bauman in the John Krasinski series.

DEADWOOD---co-star Robin Weigert says she's optimistic the HBO movie will be made, “It’s safe enough to say it’s happening this fall. There’s a set being built and tax incentives to get it done. A lot of [actors] have signed on. There’s a 90% chance it’ll finally happen.”

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER---the reboot series is officially underway and will have a black female as the title character. The series will be shopped to networks. Joss Whedon is a co-producer.

COLONY---USA Network cancelled the series.

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW---Tom Wilson (BACK TO THE FUTURE) will play career military man Hank Heywood, father of Nate Heywood.

RIVERDALE---Penelope Ann Miller (RELIC) will play District Attorney Wright who is prosecuting the case against Archie for the murder of Cassidy.

THE FLASH---Chris Klein will play villain Cicada.

WYNONNA EARP---Syfy renewed the series for Season 4.

SUPERGIRL---transgender actress Nicole Maines will play transgender superhero Nia Nal/Dreamer.

MARVEL'S CLOAK & DAGGER---Freeform renewed the series for Season 2.

GOOD OMENS---Frances McDormand will be the voice of God in the Amazon series starring Jon Hamm.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE featured the classic, limited edition Toyota 2000GT sports car. The 2000GT was produced as a hardtop coupe with only 351 made. To accommodate the 6' 2" Sean Connery, the two 2000GTs used in the movie were modified into convertibles.
One of the 2000GT convertibles is on display in Toyota's headquarters museum in Tokyo and the other is rumored to be owned by a former Toyota executive or it was scrapped. In 2013, a standard 2000GT hardtop sold for almost $1.2 million at an auction.

Sean Connery in the convertible Toyota 2000GT from YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE.

The movie's 2000GT included the usual James Bond movie hi-tech gadgets including a miniature Sony tv in the rear compartment.

The real production 2000GT was a hardtop coupe.

The 2000GT model from my James Bond movie collection.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:19 pm

TUESDAY, JULY 24

DUNE---executive producer Brian Herbert, son of DUNE author Frank Herbert, said the Denis Villeneuve remake is based on the first half of his father's novel, "I have just received Draft #4 of the DUNE screenplay from Legendary Pictures. This is for the first movie, covering approximately half of the novel DUNE. I'm very excited and pleased about this, and I'm beginning to burn the midnight oil."

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY---showrunner Alex Kurtman confirmed an actor has been chosen to play Spock in Season 2, but he did not reveal who it is, "We are, we are casting a new Spock. It’s not just a possibility, its been done. Everybody assumes that just because Spock is all about logic, that there is no emotion in there and that’s entirely untrue. So, finding an actor who can convey what we know to be very Vulcan, but also reveal so much emotion in the eyes and in the small gestures, so you understand there’s just a tornado of things happening under the surface is critical. So you need an actor who can do both of those things at the same time, which is very challenging.”

JOKER---Robert De Niro is in talks to play a talk show host who is instrumental in the origin of The Joker. Frances Conroy (AMERICAN HORROR STORY) is in talks to play The Joker's mother, Penny.

ENTER THE DRAGON---David Leitch (DEAPOOL 2) is in talks to direct the remake of the 1973 Bruce Lee hit movie.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---new poster shows Godzilla battling King Ghidora.

STAR WARS---astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson said there is only one thing in the movie franchise that is scientifically accurate, "In the STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE, the first of the series it was, Luke comes out and he sees a double sunset. That is the only scientifically accurate thing in all of STAR WARS. No, in all seriousness, more than half the stars you see in the night sky are double and multiple star systems and no one had thought to put a planet around any of them. So, the fact this was portrayed in STAR WARS, I'll just give a shout-out to that exercise in bringing the rest of the star family into the storytelling that unfolded."

THE EXPANSE---showrunner Naren Shankar commented on how being picked up by Amazon will affect the show, "We’re no longer constrained in the solar system. It’s how humanity deals with this vast new frontier. It’s going to be more awesome.
We no longer have the language restrictions. [We can] curse like a sailor. We don’t have the nudity restrictions… and the 4K and HDR will look amazing on Amazon. We’re no longer constrained by a 43-minute box. We can put some air into it, let things breathe a little bit more. So we’re excited to be on Amazon Prime.”

FORD VS. FERRARI---Tracy Letts (THE POST) will play Henry Ford II in the racing movie starring Christian Bale and Matt Damon.

FROM A BUICK 8---movie underway based on the Stephen King novel. William Brent Ball (THE BOY) is the director.

THE ORVILLE---John Billingsley (STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE) will guest star on the second episode of Season 2.

FBI---Sela Ward (THE FUGITIVE) will co-star on the CBS/Dick Wolf tv series.

POINT BLANC---Sony Pictures Television series underway based on the novel from the Alex Rider novels.

TRIVIA---in KELLY'S HEROES, the $16 million of gold bars stolen by Kelly (Clint Eastwood) and his Army cohorts would be worth $226.7 million in 2018 dollars.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:50 pm

WEDNESDAY, JULY 25

FINAL SCORE---trailer released for the movie starring Dave Bautista and Pierce Brosnan.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCn0S_FLolE

DEADWOOD---HBO head Casey Bloys announced the movie is underway and should start filming in October.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD---photos released from the set show Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Al Pacino and Quentin Tarantino.

JAMES BOND---Henry Cavill, who reportedly was beaten out by Daniel Craig to play James Bond in the CASINO ROYALE remake, talked about replacing Craig as the next James Bond, "I would love to do it of course. I think Bond would be a really fun role. It’s British, it’s cool. I think that now that I have my MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE badge we can do real stunts and really amp it up as well... Not to say they weren’t doing real stunts I’m just saying it would be fun for me to actually take what I’ve learnt on this and carry it through to a movie like Bond. I’d love to play a Brit. I don’t get to play a Brit very often. So yes, I would love the opportunity and if they were to ask I would say “yes.”'

MAN OF STEEL 2---Christopher McQuarrie (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2--FALLOUT) commented on if he would reunite with Henry Cavill for MAN OF STEEL 2, "To me, I'm interested in a good story. That's really what it is. I mean, when Man of Steel came up, it was because somebody had asked me, did I want to work with Henry again? Which I would in a second. I go through the door that opens."
He also commented on if he would team up with Tom Cruise again for GREEN LANTERN, "...Tom and I have never talked about it. We always kind of talk about what we're working on or what we're talking about working on next. I think, again, I think if you show them a good story, I think if you showed him a really emotional story, I don't think, you know, it's, I can never predict. I can never predict what it is he's going to be drawn to."

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW---Gary Oldman will co-star with Amy Adams in the movie based on the novel.

YELLOWSTONE---Paramount Network renewed the series for Season 2.

CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET?---Alexandra Daddario (SAN ANDREAS) will star in the movie based on the novel.

FOSSE/VERDON---Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams star in this FX 10-part miniseries about the professional and personal relationship between Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon.

ROSEANNE---Roseanne Barr tweeted her comments about Walt Disney Studios firing James Gunn after his controversial tweets about pedophilia and rape, "I'm disgusted to read all of the support for James Gunn's pedophile jokes--as the same people supported blacklisting me for a joke they don't even understand."

STARSKY & HUTCH---Amazon Studios passed on the James Gunn remake of the ABC cop series. It is not known if his firing by Walt Disney Studios was a factor in Amazon's decision.

NETFLIX---Kathryn Newton stars in this untitled Netflix series about teenagers in a New England town who discover all the adults have disappeared and they can't escape, so they must create and maintain their own society.

TRIVIA---in the 1968 disaster movie KRAKATOA: EAST OF JAVA, the producers found out that Krakatoa was really west of Java, but the advertising and promotional material had already been made produced and starting over was deemed too expensive, so the original title was kept.

The geographically incorrect disaster movie KRAKATOA: EAST OF JAVA starred Maximilian Schell, Diane Baker, Brian Keith and Sal Mineo.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:06 pm

THURSDAY, JULY 26

OPERATION FINALE---new trailer released for the movie about the Mossad apprehension of Nazi Adolf Eichmann.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJVFCy4YIL0

MAD MAX---Tom Hardy said there are plans for two sequels to FURY ROAD, "It was always the plan to do three of them, so I think we're still waiting on being given the opportunity and the green light to go ahead on the next one. But when I engaged on that there was a plethora of material on it. Obviously it belongs to Warner Brothers so it would be them who green-lit it. But a lot of projects are in radial, you know you wait for something to land when it's real, and as soon as it's real we'll jump on it."

GAME OF THRONES---HBO head Casey Bloys said Season 8 will premiere in the first half of 2019. He commented on two-hour episodes, “Not two-hours? Yes, they are not going to be. Not that I’ve seen, anyway.” He said the prequel series should start filming in 2019.

FRASIER---Kelsey Grammer and CBS TV Studios are in talks to develop a "semi-reboot" series that is set in another city with only Grammer returning from the original cast. The original series ran on NBC from 1993-2004.

THE HOT ZONE---Julianna Margulies stars in this National Geographic miniseries based on the book about the Ebola virus. Margulies will play an Army veterinarian who attempts to stop the virus from spreading to the human population. Ridley Scott is the executive producer.

WESTWORLD---HBO head Casey Bloys defended the series after fan backlash complained that Season 2 was too complex and confusing, "I wouldn’t agree that the backlash was widespread. The people who love it really love it, even the people who dislike it feel the need to discuss it and talk about it and let you know they dislike it and debate. And for a show to arouse that kind of feeling, that’s what we want... It’s not for casual viewers, it requires your attention. Jonah and Lisa like to challenge their viewers and many feel rewarded by that. It’s a unique show and that’s what we’re looking for.”

STONED ALONE---Ryan Reynolds is attached to star in this 20th Century Fox comedy movie inspired by HOME ALONE which is about a “weed growing loser who misses the plane for his holiday ski trip. He makes the best of things by getting high. Paranoia sets in and he believes he hears someone break into his house. Turns out thieves have broken in. Fully stoned and fueled by paranoia, he tries to thwart the thieves and defend his castle.”

THE BATMAN---Jack Huston is reportedly a candidate to play District Attorney Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

THE LOTTERY---Frank Marshall/Paramount Pictures movie underway based on the short story by Shirley Jackson (THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE) which is about a small New England farming town that that picks a resident to be stoned to death to ensure a good farming season every year.

THOSE GUYS HAVE ALL THE FUN---James Franco is in negotiations to direct the movie based on the book about Bill Rasmussen and his son, Scott, who created ESPN.

OLD GUARD---Gina Prince-Bythewood is in talks to direct the movie based on the comic book about immortal mercenaries.

THE CURIOSITY OF JEFF GOLDBLUM---National Geographic 12-part docuseries with Jeff Goldblum which explores "the extraordinary stories behind the world's most 'ordinary' things" such as ice cream, cereal, balloons and toilet paper.

CHILD'S PLAY---Liv Tyler (THE LORD OF THE RINGS) is a candidate to star in the remake movie.

ROCKETMAN---Bryce Dallas Howard will play Elton John's mother in the biomovie starring Taron Egerton.

LOCKE AND KEY---Netflix series underway based on the horror comic book.

TRIVIA---in THE GREAT RACE, the pie fight scene is the biggest pie fight ever filmed. It lasted four minutes and 20 seconds, cost $200,000 with $18,000 going for the 4,000 pies used.

The pie fight in THE GREAT RACE with Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Natalie Wood and Keenan Wynn.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News