[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - 5700 pre amp out

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:26 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - 5700 pre amp out

5700 pre amp out

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by loren » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello there,

Are the pre amp outputs on the 5700es always on? I was thinking of hooking up a sub directly to the center speaker. I don't need a big sub, I was thinking of adding a PSW10 to help my CSi-5 out with deep bass in the center only.  NewEgg has them for $80 usd
loren
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by David_S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:50 am

I have not tested preouts for all channels but have found out that preouts for the front speakers are off if speakers for BOTH front A AND front B are off.

TA- N77ES, E77ES, E80ES, E9000ES
STR- GX10ES, DA4ES, DA5700ES
DVP- NS999ES
HAP-S1, MDS-JA20ES, ST-S730ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:42 am

That is consistent with the information on p-50 of the Operating Instructions.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 am

On 2012-12-16 05:50, David_S wrote:
I have not tested preouts for all channels but have found out that preouts for the front speakers are off if speakers for BOTH front A AND front B are off.

Does this mean that the preamp-outs are not individually generated within the preamp, but rather are sourced from the speaker signal?

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jehill » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:31 am

No.  Actually, the speaker selections are A, B, A+B and OFF.  The preamp outputs are deenergized if OFF is selected.  The ELECTRICAL VOLUME control for each channel is connected to a LINE AMP which is connected to both the input of the speaker amp and a PREOUT.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by loren » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Cool I am going to have to try a small sub for my center.
loren
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:45 pm

On 2012-12-15 19:36, loren wrote:

I don't need a big sub, I was thinking of adding a PSW10 to help my CSi-5 out with deep bass in the center only.  NewEgg has them for $80 usd

loren- A $250 10" powered Subwoofer for $80 is a very good deal indeed!

Sony H-9 MaxxPix       

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by David_S » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:01 pm

On 2012-12-17 11:31, jehill wrote:
No.  Actually, the speaker selections are A, B, A+B and OFF.  The preamp outputs are deenergized if OFF is selected.  The ELECTRICAL VOLUME control for each channel is connected to a LINE AMP which is connected to both the input of the speaker amp and a PREOUT.

IMO it does not make sense that the design does not allow the preouts to be energized when OFF is selected for the speakers.  Too bad it is such a major stripdown to get at the main board.  I would consider bypassing the relays that control the preouts.

DVP- NS999ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:03 pm

On 2012-12-17 22:01, David_S wrote:
IMO it does not make sense that the design does not allow the preouts to be energized when OFF is selected for the speakers.

This also makes the DA5700ES a poor candidate for use as a dedicated Pre-Pro.

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by David_S » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 pm

I have set up my "stock" DA5700ES in the 2 channel stand for use as a pre-pro.  This DA5700ES does not have speakers connected to it.

The DA5700ES is connected to the TA-N77ES through the TA-E80ES.  I have it set up this way for switching convenience.

I have not done a true SQ comparison but am very impressed by what I heard so far.  Do not rule out the option of using the DA5700ES as a pre-pro.

DVP- NS999ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Next

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables