[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - STR-AV1070 display

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:51 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - STR-AV1070 display

STR-AV1070 display

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by mikesloane » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I recently acquired an STR-AV1070 and it appears to work fine, except the display is blank. Looking at the message board, it appears that this is a relatively common problem with that unit. But the thread I found dates back to 2005 and doesn't seem to settle on one single source of the problem. Mention was made of a 220 ohm resistor being open but not where on the board it is located. I would upgrade to the premium membership if 1. I knew the service manual is available, and 2. if it would help locate the offending component. (I am not a real technician, but I do know how to replace bad resistors/caps/etc. if somebody points me in the right direction.)

Thanks,

Mike
mikesloane
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Johnnycanso » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Mike:

i had the same issue with my display on my 1990 STR-D2020 all it ended up been was loose solder joints, which older sony's are known for.
Check around the display for any loose solder joints before you start replacing resistors.

Good luck!

Johnnycanso
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by mikesloane » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks! I will spend some time with a lens and a bright light looking at the board. I did pull the ribbon cables out and put them back in the sockets, but that didn't help. I get the feeling that it is something simple that just needs to be found.

By the way, I just did an inventory of my Sony receivers and came up with STR-AV200, AV260, AV900, and D515. So it isn't as if I have nothing to listen to. But I like having the choice of inputs for various tape decks, DAT deck, MD, etc.

Mike
mikesloane
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:19 pm

I can provide a copy of the STR-AV1070X if your are interested.  However, you will need to send me (jehill) a private message (PM) requesting it, which requires that you become a premium member.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by mikesloane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 am

I just signed up as a premium member, but I haven't yet figured out how to send a private message requesting the manual. So please consider this a temporary substitute. Thanks,

Mike
mikesloane
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 am

Please see this post for how to send a PM.  I need a PM from you in order to obtain your email address.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables