[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - CPF-IX001 Network Cable

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - CPF-IX001 Network Cable

CPF-IX001 Network Cable

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by TheGrayMan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 am

Another purchase from eBay which I'm already regretting - I have acquired a CPF-IX001 network audio player, which turns out to be missing the network cable. This isn't a standard cable - it has a hideously propriatory connector at the device end, and the unit is unusable (can't be configured) without it.

Sony spare parts would charge an amusing price for this (£58, nearly twice what I paid for the unit itself).  

Does anyone have one of these units, and if so would they be willing to lend me the network cable from it? Once I have connected it via the LAN once, I can upgrade the firmware and do future configs via the remote control (apparently). Alternatively, does anyone know if this unusual network cable is also used in any other Sony products?

Many thanks,

Ian
TheGrayMan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 am

Have you tried contacting the eBay source to see if they have the cable?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by TheGrayMan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:53 am

On 2012-01-17 11:50, jehill wrote:
Have you tried contacting the eBay source to see if they have the cable?

Oh yes. I suspect he received the unit from some dodgy bargain source and decided to sell it straight on - says he had no idea the cable was missing.
TheGrayMan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:23 am

It figures!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to MD/CD/SACD