[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - TA-E1000ESD & TA-N55ES

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:47 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - TA-E1000ESD & TA-N55ES

TA-E1000ESD & TA-N55ES

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by craigmclellan89 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:07 am

Hi guys!

My system when I first posted it here has basically gone. I "upgraded" to Musical Fidelity F-22 and F-15 pre/power amplifiers which I was never really taken with and sold them last week.

I miss the ES sound, hugely!

On eBay, there is a guy selling the TA-E1000ESD and the TA-N55ES. They are both looking brand new condition wise and come with their original boxes and packing. He is asking £500 plus delivery.

I am very, very tempted by this. Is £500 a fair price? I originally paid £265 for my TA-N55ES 2 years ago.

Thanks guys.
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by sterling1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:51 am

I saw that listing too. One thing though, that pre/pro is, I think,
matrix multi-channel only. I had one and sold it about 10 years ago. I replaced it with a TA-E9000ES. I've seen several of those listed on ebay, a few described as mint. You might want to think about one of those. I'm still happy with mine, for stereo and multi-channel.
sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by craigmclellan89 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:10 am

Indeed it is. This is only temporary - I plan to sell the pre on eventually and buy another VA555ES.

Back to my original question, is it a bad price?
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by craigmclellan89 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:00 am

Bought them.
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by mykyll2727 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:01 am

Please keep us updated when they arrive_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by craigmclellan89 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:05 am

Indeed I will.

Photos on receipt, etc!!

craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by mykyll2727 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 am

Cool! Looking forward to your posts_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 am

I've had experience using the Sony TA E1000ESD and it is a great Preamp best used with a Transport that has a Digital output in that as fine as it is the Sony TA E1000ESD has no Pure Analog Bypass and therefore Digitally processes all incoming signals.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

... The Sony DB 930 Legend Continues

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by craigmclellan89 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:43 am

They arrived today!

Looking pretty much in mint condition except the remote has a dent above one of the play buttons.

Been listening this evening - I have definitely missed the ES sound. Pics to follow
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 pm

It may have a dent in it, but the RM P1000 remains one of the most fully functioning remotes that Sony has made in the last 20 years!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables