[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony KV36XRB800 settings...

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony KV36XRB800 settings...

Sony KV36XRB800 settings...

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by sboychuck » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:59 pm

First off, I am very glad to see this sight. I just found it by luck on a search in Yahoo. I have been reading through it and have picked up a few pointers. I have this unit hooked up via an RCA box to Direct TV and S-video, with Monster Cables. I must admit that the longer I left the unit on, the better the picture quality got. To my question, this tv has soooo many basic settings for the picture quality! The baseline settings are terrible. I have spent hours playing with the "modes" and then the individual settings. I noticed that one of you posted your settings for the 40" unit. Would these carry over to the 36"? I tried them and they looked a bit dark? The main thing I am trying to fix is the "graininess" in the picture quality. I have been watching football all weekend and the green grass gets blurry and distorted (pixelated?) Any thought would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to anyone, in advance, with some helpfull hints. sboychuck@earthlink.net
sboychuck
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by bulldog24 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:37 pm

I have the same problem with my 60xbr800 that I just picked up. Have you resolved the issue? Football games are almost unwatchable due to the same grass issue you mentioned. Also, I find that the players are "fuzzy" and not well defined. Increasing the sharpness to improve the players appearance only seems to worsen the problem of pixelation in the grass and along the lines. Unfortunatly, if I cannot solve the problem, I will have to return the TV.
bulldog24
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sboychuck » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. No I have not. I was hoping someone more educated than myself (novice at best) would chime in. I have been playing with all sorts of settings. If anyone has some suggestions, that would be great. I am about ready to get a tech. out here to help. Only problem is, I need a football game playing. I will let you know. What good is NFL Sunday ticket with these settings!? If you find anything out, send me an e-mail. Thanks.
sboychuck
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by henrich » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:10 am

What you guys are seeing is the mpeg compression artifacts from the sat. These guys are streaming basically shit to your television, and most TV's cant tell the difference. You have one that can . I've just finished calibrating my 40XBR800 last night, (well first pass anyway). First thing you want to do is go find Scanning Velocity Modulation and turn that shit off. Then set the profile to pro, and the color temperature to warm. If you dont have any video calibration DVD's or laserdisc, then thats about the best you can do. If you want to go into the service mode and muck around (which can really, really, REALLY break everything, and make it unrepairable) see my other post "XBR800 calibration" that im about to write
henrich
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Configuration