[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Cousin's Home Theatre

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:54 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Cousin's Home Theatre

Cousin's Home Theatre

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Stoffie » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Very nice indeed, very clean cut yet cosy
Stoffie
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by RoyalyInsane » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 am

Your setup is really awesome. One day when I get the chance I want a setup that looks similar. I am new to this home theater thing. I was wondering what kind of screen you have?
RoyalyInsane
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:56 pm

On 2010-10-14 13:48, RoyalyInsane wrote:
Your setup is really awesome. One day when I get the chance I want a setup that looks similar. I am new to this home theater thing. I was wondering what kind of screen you have?

Hello RoyalyInsane,

Greetings and welcome.  
Considering that it has been almost a year since member Cousin has posted on the forum it may be some time before your screen question is answered.

Being new to Home Theater you have come to the right place. If you have any questions from components to connections please take advantage of all our combined knowledge and feel free to ask.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Gary45 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:00 am

On 2009-01-26 02:21, Cousin wrote:
Thought I would share some photos of my Home Theatre. Just over a year in the making (I had to remove a wall between two rooms to create the space). A few finishing touches remain but it is finally fully armed and operational.

The first photo is of the rear A/V rack and wall mounted SS-LA500ED surround speakers. The A/V racks are recessed in the rear wall. The racks are 450mm deep but only 200mm is exposed at the front to reduce their intrusion on the room.

This photo is of the rear wall again from another angle. The A/V racks hold the STR-DA5300ES(S), PS3, VPL-HS60 projector and RDR-GX7 (old DVD player used for region 1 dvd viewing as the PS3 is unfortunatley not region free).

The front end. Left and Right LA-SS500ED speakers on FS-FV500 floor stands, a SS-LA505ED centre and a SA-WD200 Subwoofer all below a 3500mm wide screen area.

Another angle of the rear wall showing the A/V racks, the wall mounted SS-LA500's and the rear seating position.

The ultimate dream is to have a SS-LA505 complete front end with matching front left, right and dual centre speakers. This will drop the left and right channels down to the cabinet height and remove them from being slightly in the viewing position. I have wired the front end for an additional channel so may even just add another centre channel, That is if i can ever find another SS-LA505ED in orange ever again, let alone 3... Can't belive Sony discontinued this brilliant speaker...

Glad to be a part of your community!
Sony Fan

by Gab » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Cousin,

NICE!
Did you find the second center speaker?

Gab
Gab
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Boofy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:52 am

reviving an old thread - could be well worth it for the OP

real close to - Toowoomba

let me know

Boofy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by RideTheSolarWinds » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 am

Even though I doubt the OP is still here I'd still like to compliment him on an extremely nice clean setup! The speakers look fantastic, especially (surprisingly) in that orange finish.

Big respect for creating such an unobtrusive and aesthetically pleasing 5.1 home theatre. I bet it sounds as good as it looks.

RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by RideTheSolarWinds » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:54 am

On 2013-03-22 06:52, Boofy wrote:
reviving an old thread - could be well worth it for the OP

real close to - Toowoomba

let me know

If you don't hear from the OP I might consider taking this off your hands, do you have any of the other speakers?
RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Boofy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:45 am

unfortunately I only have this

let me know if your keen
Boofy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by RideTheSolarWinds » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 am

Alright well I guess it's safe to say OP won't be replying. I will happily buy it off you.

My email is shrapnelaus (at) live.com.au if you want to send me details. Cheers.

RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery