[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - MOVIE/TV NEWS

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:09 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - MOVIE/TV NEWS

MOVIE/TV NEWS

This section is for discussion on anything that is not related to Sony. Your topic could be political, sports related, about food, or anything else you want to say.

Moderator: jttar

by dragon53 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 am

I've been posting movie/tv news on other boards for about a year, so if anyone's interested, I'll start posting on Agoraquest, too.
Today's news:

TUESDAY, JUNE 3

KNOWING---supernatural movie underway starring Nicolas Cage and RoseByrne. In 1958, students at a new elementary school deposit a timecapsule with one girl depositing a sheet of paper containing rows ofnumbers. Thirty years later, the school's current students open thetime capsule and the professor father (Cage) of one of the studentsdeciphers the numbers to show they have predicted the locations, datesand deaths of disasters for the past 50 years. The professor and hisson realize the numbers also predict a global disaster that they mustprevent after the government refuses to believe them.

THEHOBBIT---director Guillermo del Toro and producer Peter Jackson saidthe second movie will be an original story that will bridge the gapbetween THE HOBBIT and THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THERING. Jackson said he didn't want to direct THE HOBBIT because thatwould be, "essentially competing against my own movies."

LOST---Harold Perrineau said about his role in the season finale,"I hadno idea (my character would be killed)," Perrineau said during aninterview about his latest demise, which took place after thecharacter's much-publicized return to the series in March. "It's like,what the hell? … I felt like, was that it? I came back for that?"

Michael, who was the father to Walt, an enigma on the show, originally left "Lost" at the end of Season 2.

What has caused serious discussion on the Internet is the actor's concerns about Michael being killed because of his race.

"Listen, if I’m being really candid, there are all these questionsabout how they respond to black people on the show," he said. "Sayidgets to meet Nadia again, and Desmond and Penny hook up again, but alittle black boy and his father hooking up, that wasn't interesting?Instead, Walt just winds up being another fatherless child."

Perrineau said, "It plays into a really big, weird stereotype and, being a black person myself, that wasn't so interesting."

Perrineau said he is "disappointed, mostly because I wanted Michael andWalt to have a happy ending. I was hoping Michael would get it togetherand actually wanna be a father to his kid to try to figure out a way toget back home."

"But this is the producers' story," he said. "If I were writing it, I would write it differently."

Responding to Perrineau's questions, "Lost" Executive Producer CarltonCuse said, "We pride ourselves on having a very racially diverse cast.It’s painful when any actor’s story line ends on the show. Harold is afantastic actor whose presence added enormously to 'Lost.'"

SIGMA PROTOCOL---movie underway based on Robert Ludlum's 2001 novelwith script by the IRONMAN team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway. Theplot involves a young investment banker targeted for assassinationafter he discovers a secret organization is manipulating the globaleconomy. Marcum and Holloway are also writing the HIGHLANDER remakescript.

MEG---producer Belle Avery said about the movie basedon the Steve Alton novel, "We have a new script out. It went throughits nightmares at New Line and all the various producers. Now it’s inthe right hands, with Lloyd Levin, and Larry Gordon attached asproducers and these are amazing guys, their track record with TOMBRAIDER and HELLBOY speaks for itself - they get movies made!" Sheadded, "The new script is quite wonderful, we have it out to an A-listdirector and we are waiting to hear back. I can’t tell you who it is,but let’s put it this way… it doesn’t get any better. The key to MEG ishaving a great script and our new script really reflects the book.There is no comparisons between the last script, night and daydifferent, so many hands were involved in the last version, and theonly thing that remained similar to the book, in my opinion, were thecharacters names, everything thing else was changed. One of the thingsabout Steve Alton’s book is that it’s so much fun, and completelyadaptable for the screen. There are things that we have never seenbefore. We stuck to the book, it’s a wonderful action packed and reallyfun script. The next step is getting the director. Jeff Katz iscurrently not involved, but that’s not to say that he won’t be in thefuture, we love Jeff!"

Avery said another Alton novel is beingmade into a movie, "Right now I am working on THE LOCH, based onanother Steve Alton book, about the Loch Ness Monster and it’s going tobe filmed in Scotland. The publishers have the rights and they areletting us move forward, I am in talks with a great director for it!"

FRINGE---the new JJ Abrams sci fi series starts off with aninternational flight landing at Boston's Logan Airport with the crewand passengers all the victims of a grisly death. A female FBI agent, abrilliant, institutionalized professor and his son are brought in toinvestigate the bizarre deaths.

DARK SHADOWS---Johnny Depp maystar as Barnabus Collins with Tim Burton as director in the movieremake of the 1960s horror tv series according to director Peter Segal(GET SMART).

TORCHWOOD---executive producer Julie Gardner saidSeason 3 will have only five episodes and they will be shown on fiveseparate nights in one week.

THE SIMPSONS---the entire cast has signed on for four more seasons.

SCI FI CHANNEL---summer series premier dates released: GHOST HUNTERSand SCARE TACTICS on July 9, STARGATE ATLANTIS on July 11, EUREKA onJuly 29.

THE HARVARD ZOMBIE MASSACRE---comedy horror movie underway in which Harvard is under siege by zombies.

THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN---the miniseries is being released today on dvd.

PUSH---movie underway in which the son of a genetically-altered pyschicassassin vows revenge against the secret government agency that createdand murdered him.

NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2: ESCAPE FROM THE SMITHSONIAN---Ed Helms (THE OFFICE) joins the cast.

TRANSFORMERS 2---Matthew Marsden (RAMBO, RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION)joins the cast as a British Special Forces trooper battling theDecepticons.

FINNEGAN---ABC cop series underway starring TeriPolo as head of the LAPD organized crime/vice squad unit. Billy Zane(TITANIC) stars as the deputy DA.

(LOST article-syfyportal.com)
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by dragon53 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:39 am

FRIDAY, MAY 30

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA---Edward James Olmos saidthe identity of the 12th Cylon has been revealed to the cast and crew,but it remains secret. Aaron Douglas (Cylon Tyrol) said the public'sguesses about Cylon #12's identity "don't even come close". Olmos saidthe ending to the series will shock many fans, "It's not a happyending. We end up with almost nothing...Twenty years from now, peoplewill see this as excellent post-9/11 television."

JACKRYAN---Harrison Ford said he's open to returning to the Tom Clancymovie series, "I thought it's worth re-exploring again...That's acharacter that I think you could revisit acknowledging the passage oftime and his increasing age. It wasn't age dependent that character andhis experiences were chockablock full of recipes for good engagingmovies so that's a character I wouldn't mind revisiting." Paramountapparently wants to resurrect the Jack Ryan franchise with a youngerRyan and Ryan Gosling has been mentioned as a possible star. The studiohasn't decided on whether to use Tom Clancy's current Ryan novel stillbeing written or a script not based on a Clancy novel. Ford starred asRyan in PATRIOT GAMES and A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER and was set toreturn in THE SUM OF ALL FEARS but declined the role because he didn'tlike the script. Ben Affleck replaced Ford as a younger Ryan, butreceived bad reviews in the role.

THE HOBBIT---a dubious Britishtabloid said James MacAvoy (ATONEMENT) is the leading candidate to staras Bilbo Baggins. Producer Peter Jackson and director Guillermo delToro have a short list of actors who they want for Bilbo and they haveagreed on trheir top choice but won't release cast details until nextyear.

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES---Shirley Manson,singer for Garbage, will join the cast as Catherine Weaver, a high-techcompany ceo.

BEVERLY HILLS COP 4---Eddie Murphy will return asDet. Axel Foley with Brett Ratner (RUSH HOUR, RED DRAGON) innegotiations as director. The original movie premiered in 1984.

GIVE 'EM HELL, MALONE---Thomas Jane (THE PUNISHER) and Ving Rhames (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III) star in this action movie underway.

OUIJA BOARD---movie underway based on the Parker Bros/Hasbro board game from Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes company.

CRASH---Starztv series based on the movie stars Luis Chavez as an illegal immigrant,Ross McCall (BAND OF BROTHERS) as an LAPD cop, Arlene Tur as an actresswho joins LAPD after playing an LAPD cop in a role and Brian Tee as aKorean/American EMT.

S. DARKO---sequel to DONNIE DARKO hasDaveigh Chase returning and Elizabeth Berkley (SAVED BY THE BELL,SHOWGIRLS) as an ex-addict-turned Jesus freak. The sequel is set sevenyears after the original with Samantha Darko and her best friend(Briana Evigan) fleeing town after they have bizarre visions.

SHORTS---comedymovie underway starring Jon Cryer, William H. Macy and James Spader inwhich an 11-year-old boy gets hit in the head by a magical rock thatgrants wishes to whoever is holding it. Robert Rodriguez is writer anddirector.

EMILY THE STRANGE---a movie underway based on the Dark Horse comic.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by claudio » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:35 am

I think it's great. Love reading about new information on upcoming movies and show. Looking forward to The Hobbitt and Transformer 2
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by maverick11359 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm

G'day Dragon,
               Thanks for the cool updates too!

Any word when the "KNOWING"---supernatural movie with Nicolas Cage will be released .

Mav'

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Dragon53,

I think you sharing the TV/Movie news with us on a regular bassis would be fantastic. You have done a fine job of giving us the inside information and heads up on movies and shows in the past and I always enjoy your posts.

BTW, I thought about you last Sunday when the History Channel ran all the B.O.B. episodes consecutively. Even though I own the DVD set I still managed to get sucked into it and although I didn't sit and watch it I left it on all day at would take a break here and there to watch.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by dragon53 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:51 am

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4

TERMINATOR SALVATION: THE FUTURE BEGINS---(spoiler alert) see below.

RIDLEYSCOTT---the director of ALIEN and BLADERUNNER said he's returning tosci fi  but won't disclose his next sci fi movie other than it's basedon an upcoming book. He will start the new movie after his currentRobin Hood movie is finished.

HUMAN FACTOR---Clint Eastwooddirects Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman in this movie based on the truestory of rugby star Francois Pienaai and Nelson Mandela joining tocreate an event that helps heal the racial rift of apartheid in SouthAfrica.

BOSTON STRANGLERS----Brian De Palma (THE UNTOUCHABLES,CARRIE) directs this movie based on Susan Kelly's THE BOSTONSTRANGLERS: THE PUBLIC CONVICTION OF ALBERT DeSALVO AND THE TRUE STORYOF ELEVEN SHOCKING MURDERS.

HEXUM---a Disney movie underway involving a government analyst who comes up with a worst-case scenario.

SHERLOCKHOLMES---a reimagined version of Holmes and Dr. Watson based on anupcoming book in which Holmes is more adventuresome and his skills as aswordsman and boxer are displayed.

TERMINATOR SALVATION: THEFUTURE BEGINS---reportedly the ending to the fourth movie in the seriesis about Marcus (Sam Worthington) who is criminal executed in 2003 anddonates his body to Project Angel which is involved with Skynet whichuses his body to develop a Terminator. At the movie's end, John Connor(Christian Bale) is battling T800 101 and is killed. His fellowResistance followers try to keep his spirit/image alive by removingConnor's skin and Marcus' skin and putting Connors' skin on Marcus'skeleton. So Marcus is now Connor.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by dragon53 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:55 am

GUYS:

Glad you enjoy the news. My apologies about the words running together---the copy/paste feature doesn't work properly on Agoraquest---don't have this prroblem postiing on other boards.

MAVERICK:

KNOWING is scheduled for release this year.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by maverick11359 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:58 am

G'day Dragon ,
                I'm a big RIDLEYSCOTT fan Apart from  ALIEN , BLADERUNNER ,The ABBYSS don't forget his real biggy "GLADIATOR" ....I think it made  Russel Crowe into the Actor he is Today.

Thanks for the update on the "KNOWING"with  Nicolas Cage " I'm also a big fan of Nicholas as well.
          Mav'  
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:45 am

THURSDAY, JUNE 5

TERMINATOR SALVATION: THE FUTURE BEGINS---director McG denied the widely-circulated ending to the movie, " This movietakes place several years after Judgment Day, but prior to 2029. Justlike it took a long time to get an HD plasma screen in our world, ittook Skynet a lot of research and development to get to the T-800, andthis movie explores that "space between." We have all been fascinatedwith the world after Judgment Day. Here it is.

In this film,there are Hydrobots that patrol the water, Transports that move humanprisoners around, Harvesters that collect human beings as lab rats forSkynet and Aerostats that survey all that is going on with theresistance the world over.

We've started shooting the T-600 -the bigger, grimier, nastier version that preceded the T-800. LikeReese says, they're easier to spot but they pack a mini gun and carrykick ass fire power. They're eight-foot tall killers that prowl thebadlands looking for anything with a heartbeat to terminate.

Stan Winston, Production Designer Martin Laing and ILM came up with thedesigns and that thing is on Kyle Reese's ass throughout the entirepicture. Wanted to achieve that bummer, rubbery skin, prosthetic lookthat cloaks an unrelenting machine with a singular focus of killing.More to come...By the way, there are only three people who know theending..."

LOST---the season finale ended up #1 for the week drawing 12.3 million viewers and beating out #2 TWO AND A HALF MEN.

OCEAN---movieunderway based on the comic book miniseries taking place on Jupiter'smoon, Europa, where thousands of coffins containing angel-like bodiesand a giant weapon of mass destruction are found under the ice. A UNweapons inspector and a space station crew are sent to investigate as aconglomerate seeks to exploit the mysterious discovery.

KANE& LYNCH---Bruce Willis is in negotiations to star in this moviebased on the video game. Willis would star as Kane, a mercenary ondeath row, who teams up with a schizophrenic killer and his formermercenary team, to recover a stolen, valuable microchip and his wifeand daughter.

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE---a remake of thecontroversial 1978 movie is underway. The original was about a youngwoman who seeks revenge on the men who raped her and left her for dead.The movie was criticized for its graphic violence and sex.

ARMY OF THE DEAD---movie underway in which a man seeks to save his daughter from zombies in Las Vegas.

LABORPAINS---Lindsay Lohan movie underway in which she plays a publishinghouse assistant who pretends to be pregnant to prevent being fired byher nasty boss.

THE BAD LIEUTENANT---director Warner Herzogdenied his movie starring Nicolas Cage is a remake of the 1992 HarveyKeitel movie, but he said both are about a corrupt cop.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by dragon53 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:41 am

UPDATE:

George Lucas' daughter mixed martial arts debut...may the Force be with her.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4568248a1860.html
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Next

Return to Off-topic