[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Agoraquest Premium Membership Information and Upgrading

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:48 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Agoraquest Premium Membership Information and Upgrading

Agoraquest Premium Membership Information and Upgrading

This section has the most popular questions related to Sony products like What does the TV blinking lights mean?, What is Protect error, How do I change the TV lamp bulb and more. Only administrators/moderators can post in this forum.

Moderator: jttar

by claudio » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:27 pm

I posted this on another thread.

To Private Message other Agoraquest members, you need to either have 100 posts or become a premium member. Standard membership to Agoraquest is free and to upgrade to Premium Membership, it's only $12 per year and is instant.

We have received a few posts that the $12 membership fee is way too high.

There are several forums that I have been to where they blur out the responses from the moderators or top posters or don't let you post unless they upgrade to premium membership. Jehill has graciously offered to provide these documents to our members. If we did have PM available to everyone, he would get hundreds of emails which isn't fair to him.  There are other benefits as well to the Premium Membership which can be seen here

I see several threads where the service bulletin have helped our members get their TV back in working condition.. In fact it saves the owners $300 to $500 in repairs or better yet, not having to throw away the television. Normally, members have quotes of $400 to fix the television.  Furthermore, members pay hundreds of dollars for their television warranties so a $12 yearly fee doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I would understand people having problems if we charge $40 for a yearly membership.

I would think of the $12 as a warranty, who knows when you need to come back to Agoraquest with another Sony related issue. Premium membership forum threads are displayed on our homepage longer so they generally get faster and more responses to their posts.

Thanks,

Claudio
Founder

Below are just a few of the people that been helped by the service bulletins that have fixed their televisions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if u do read this please understand that $12.00 saved me 450... thank you guys and if anyone need's my help, i will always check my inbox pm and personal email's from jehill and claudio.

Tweepy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to thank jehill for the help he provided with the 6 blink issue.  The local repair shop quoted $400+ without even looking at the tv plus another $125 to pick it up.  Even though I am not a premium member of this site at this time I do visit frequently and when the time comes I will happily fork over $12 for the technical assistance this site can provide.  I won't forget to mention the money that can be saved fixing it yourself rather than being at the mercy of the "trained" service technicians.  ($4.80 fuse + $11.00 2 day shipping + 16.00 service manual = $31.80 repaired/ as opposed to $400+ for shotgun troubleshooting at a repair shop)

carson77

J/K:-p    ......worked like a charm :-)   Took me about 2 hours and almost half of that was to go and get a 20" #2 philips screwdriver. A 12" would have worked, but they did not have it. Other than than that, no problems . I paid $220 for the TV, $28  for (2) Thermal Fuses, and $11 for a screw driver. Now I have a decent 2nd TV :-)   Not as good as my KD-34XBR960, but not much is :

Happy

I just got done replacing the thermal fuse as per your SB and all is well again!    I, and most importantly the wife, just want to take the time to thank you so much for your help.  With your  instructions and this site, we have just saved ourselves alot of $$ not just for this time but also if it were to happen again in the future.  I am truley grateful for finding this site and just want to say you are THE MAN!!!

pratt31

1 10" screwdriver                                  $12.00
1 Sony Thermal Fuse + shipping               $ 8.00
1 membership to agoraquest.com             $12.00
Fixing the thermal fuse myself on a KDF-55XS955 that was discarded at the curbside

PRICELESS

sroford

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to jehill and tweepy for all your help. We replaced the fuse last night and the TV is working again. I couldn't have done it without your help.

Thanks again!!!!

beccatl

We have a lot of SONY products in our house and after finding this forum earlier today I have to say it will be $12 well spent. I always run into something going on with our equipment and with a forum like this it will be good to know that I can ask for support and from what I've seen get quite a bit of it.

SPAD Chief

thanks to all of you who participated in this forum, is great i was able to fix my tv, and it was the thermal fuse.

erguate

Just an update...got my replacement fuse in and the tv is working normally again.  I made sure to clean all the fans to ensure the tv would be cooled properly.  After 2 days of use, all seems good.  My thanks to those who gave assistance, especiall jehill and jttar, but also to all those others whos posting added little bits of knowhow that I needed.  To those people with the same problem, I say go for it.  It is pretty easy to do and could save som big bucks.

Regards,

Reststop

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am

We have received requests on what the Premium Membership sections looks like. I have attached screenshots on what each sections looks like.

Below is your Premium Membership Account Center

Below is what you see when you click on the "Premium Membership" Icon

Below is the Watchlist Posting Alert Section. This section is where you can setup email alerts for specific keywords that appear on the forums. For example, if you want email alerts on "6 Blinking lights" or specific models like "KDBLXBR5". The email alerts can be sent as it happens, daily and weekly. You can also deactivate them if you don't want email alerts but still want them on the list. The list will also display total results and last post with that search critiera

Below is the Watchlist Topic Section.  It displays forum topic that you have tagged. You can tagged any forum topic in the forums.  You can also get email notification as-it-happens, daily or weekly whenever there is new post in your tag forum thread.

Below is the what it will look like when you tag a forum topic.

Below is the Your Sony Products section. This section is where you can add Sony Products that you have purchased. Once you add it, it will a link to the offical Sony support section for that model. Which contains Firmware, product manuals and more. It helps by listing all your Sony equipment by displaying it in one place.

Below is your Premium Membership Account Center. This section is where you can add Agoraquest members. You can add your favorite members and see what their last 5, 10 or 20 postings are.

Below is your Membership Preference Section. This is the core section. This controls what email address you want the alerts to go to. You can also customize your "Account Center" so you see what sections you want. You can select if you want to view your Favorite Tagged Topics, Announcements, Groupbuy Specials, your last 10 postings and Watchlist Member.

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:24 am

In an on going effort to improve benefits to Premium Membership, we have launched the Agoraquest Service Manual or Owner manual. We offer 3 requests per year.

Also, in the coming months we will be adding many more manuals from other brands like Panasonic, Samsung, Phillips, LG and much more.

Request can be made by clicking on the url below.

http://www.agoraquest.com/manual_request.php

This link is available in the premium member account center as well.

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by curieroy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:39 am

Please don't post to this thread as they will be deleted. If you have a questions on the alerts above or want to post, please post them to the specific forum section. Some of the alerts have related forum threads so you can also post in those threads as well

Thanks
**SignaturE**
curieroy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Frequently Asked Questions for Sony Products