[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - damn its heavy and pretty, 9000

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:46 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - damn its heavy and pretty, 9000

damn its heavy and pretty, 9000

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by opimax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:39 am

Hi

It showed!!  a couple of styrafoams died in the process but it appears to have made it . It powers on, it responds to dials and buttons (no speakers at work), and somethng new for me, it has straight edges . I am charging the remote now at least, something i can do for 6 more hours...til I get home

Mark
opimax
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Toli » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:43 am

Opi,

I can't wait to find out how it sounds with your speakers!

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mschiff » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:18 am

Congratulations Mark!

Glad it arrived intact. Need to change your "signature" to arrived.

-- Martin

mschiff
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:31 am

Mark- Does your Avitar now visually represent your DA9000ES and DA2ES Receivers?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by opimax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:56 pm

thanks..

Avitar is a joke between my non stereo interested brother and myself dealing w/Rick Flair from our much younger days. Can't change the sig till I get home and find out if I'm going to keep it. Probably will even if job situation isn't perfect, still waiting for news and besides Jim already has one (coming)

Haven't read the maual or researched this puppy but 2 observations
1) rechargeable cool remote...a plus didn't know it had that

2) bass and treble knobs in control area, no eq?  not sure about that yet...

Bigger than anticipated but not really surprised, indifferent, smaller would be better but realistic

smells new

Opti
opimax
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Welwynnick » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:41 pm

When I brought my DA9000 home I found it was so heavy that it changed the ride and handling characteristics of my car!

There is a good reason for that, though.

Many congratulations.

Nick
Welwynnick
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by bizzibee » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:13 pm

Mark,

Congrats on the safe arrival of your new DA9000ES.

Yes the DA9000ES are very heavy to move around.

Wait to you hear how they sound.

Enjoy!!!!!

Kindest Regards

Mark

NEC XG-1350G CRT Projector
Focus CenterStage 1 Scaler
Sony KV-HR36M31 36" HDTV
Sony TA-DA9000ES
Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner
Sony CDP-CX235 (200 CD Juke Box)
Pioneer DV-S969AVi
Infinity Kappa Speakers (Front)
Bostons Acoustic (Rear)
M&K V-125 Sub

bizzibee
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by opimax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:10 pm

We have made it home! I have to return a movie and then I guess I will start w/the unit next to the stack and connect up.

Toli or Jim, if you plan on calling (hint hint)wait till after 10 my time so I can get conncted...

So does this unit have an eq the way the 2es does?

Any instant hints on thre remote?

off to the video store be right back ,lol

Opti
opimax
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jttar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:49 pm

opimax,

My sincere congratulations on the successful arrival of your new DA9000ES. What a special treat it must be for you to have it arrive in perfect condition. I wish you countless years of trouble free enjoyment and like the other, await your review.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by opimax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:49 pm

Thanks very much.

I have now heard music come from it! left the remote at work but the 2es remote does most functions. Haven't gotten the rears to work yet.

neat volume control led

only 1 sub out , the 2 has 2 , I have y cables if needed

currently hooked up exactly like 2 was but maybe diifferent surround connection.this has surround and rear surround, thought it said hook up surrounds and not rear surrounds. nextt to look at it

opti_playing
opimax
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Next

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables