[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Connecting the kv-27fv17 to str-de1075

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:25 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Connecting the kv-27fv17 to str-de1075

Connecting the kv-27fv17 to str-de1075

This forum addresses questions on any installation problems you might encounter with your Sony television (i.e. How to install, what wires go where, etc.)

Moderator: jttar

by Nausicaa » Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:28 am

I just can't seem to get it right. Could someone give me remedial connection instructions for the electronically challenged? Are there any functions within the receiver or TV I need to activate/deactive? I was planning on using S-Video from TV to receiver to DVD and optical for sound. Currently I only need to connect the three components. Thanks in advance...
Nausicaa
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by ciper » Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:04 am

Be more specific.

For one Id suggest using Component video directly from the dvd to the tv.
ciper
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mlauffen » Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:35 pm

Yes ... what ciper said in regard to video connection (dvd-to-tv via component). In some sony receiver manuals they recommend using digital coaxial in favor of the optical toslink dvd-to-receiver connection for best sound quality. Thats how I have my 444es receiver connected to my 9000es dvd.

Mike

mlauffen
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by ciper » Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:22 pm

Tell us what three components you will be connecting. You may be able to go direct with all of them.
ciper
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Kokab » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:16 am

The way they are telling you to do it is so you can have the tv act as a pass through. That way you will be able to change channels on the tv as well as use the cable box to change channels. The to converter is basically a splitter built in to the tv.
kaleem
Kokab
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Installation