[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Another 9000 has joined the family!

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:32 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Another 9000 has joined the family!

Another 9000 has joined the family!

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by Craig_Nike » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:29 pm

My TA-N9000ES is soon going to enjoy the company of a brand spanking new STR-DA9000ES.

After reading for YEARS about you lucky guys who own a DA9k, I have finally jumped in and grabbed one on eBay.

It has to travel from NYC to Seattle, and then my brother will bring it home with him in 3 weeks........ Expect a report in 3 weeks and 1 hour!

Anyone got any ideas on the exact dimensions and weight of a boxed DA9k?
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:29 pm

Well you've come a long long way since the days of the DB1070 haven't you Craig?

With the DA9000ES added to your arsenal of sonic weaponry along with your DA7ES and TA N9000ES you should be able to run 21 channels of premium quality sound, or perhaps tri-amp every one of your speakers!

I think that you may have finally found that illusive one last thing you need for your Home Theater this time.

Congratulations Craig, this couldn't have happened to a more deserving Member!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Cousin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:18 pm

Wow. Good Choice. Glad to see you went the US STR option and not that crappy watered down aussie TA DA version.

Hopefully someone who has the unit (and hopefully kept the box) may be able to share some info on the weight and size of the box.

Good luck.
Cousin
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by maverick11359 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:26 pm

Posted: 2006-03-25 00:29

My TA-N9000ES is soon going to enjoy the company of a brand spanking new STR-DA9000ES.

After reading for YEARS about you lucky guys who own a DA9k, I have finally jumped in and grabbed one on eBay.

It has to travel from NYC to Seattle, and then my brother will bring it home with him in 3 weeks........ Expect a report in 3 weeks and 1 hour!

Craig_Nike

~~~~~
 Gaday Craig,
             Sounds like your going to be having some fun soon!

I've often thought about purchasing Sony componets from the US!

Have you looked into the situation with the US 120volt power rating are the STR-DA9000ES switched for both 120v and 240v?

< Have Fun and Prosper ......Mave.Rick>

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Cousin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Hey Mave,

Are you saying Craig_Nike is going to be able to simply switch the power input over on the unit itself without the need for a seperate power transformer/converter ??

Cousin
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by maverick11359 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:03 pm

Gaday cousin,
              No i was asking the question ?A lot of Hifi gear does, but if not the answer is a step down 240v/120v transformer .

<Have Fun and Prosper..... Mave.Rick>
maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Craig_Nike » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:42 am

Thanks guys.
Stephen absolutely, this is the last thing I need. 

Mav I will definately need to use a transformer, I already have one running on the 7ES and I beleive the 9000 is lower power drain due to the digital amps, so I'm already set up. 

Just need to sell the 7ES on eBay now, any ideas on how much I should put it in for in OZ?
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Mr_Mod » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:01 am

Craig
My E9000 and N9000 both came from the US as i wanted balck components, i did just change out the transformers and the fuses to the 240V ones.
I have been offered a TA-DA9000 by my insurers for a damaged TA-DM1000Es multiroom Amp, have told them i dont want that as
1: it is not balck
2: it has been watered down and missing to many bits
Have requested the money instead and i will buy the STR-DA9000ES and CAV-M1000Es from the US.
IT should be possible to use the replacement transformer from the TA-DA9000 but i dont have a service manual to confirm this.
If you do change them out expect to pay around the $300 mark
Mr_Mod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by maverick11359 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:09 am

Gaday Craig,
              Let us know which model 7ES it is ?
          And what type of trany your running on your mains for it?

I usually find the general rule in 2nd hand Audio gear if in good condition goes for half its new cost here in Aus. 
    By the way I've been meaning to ask Craig are  you north or south of Coffs?         
                              Fascinating!
                  <Have Fun and Prosper ...Mav..Rick>

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Craig_Nike » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:11 am

Actually I just checked the power levels on the rear panels, and I couldnt find a 9000 with the figure visible, I found the DA9100 which quoted 600W and my 7ES is 500W.

So Im confident that my current 240-120V converter will work.

If only the 9000 had an extra component video in and an extra output as well, it would be the perfect machine for me.....
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Next

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables