[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KV-32FV16 doesn't turn on

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:31 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KV-32FV16 doesn't turn on

KV-32FV16 doesn't turn on

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by iceman1 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:52 pm

Hi
 I have a Wega KV-32FV16 (model no 8005950) which i bought in 2000 along with the extended warranty which expries in Nov 05 i think ( need to find the paper work). The problem is, yesterday it stopped to come on . When you try to switch it on nothing happens .tried with cable remote, tv remote and also tv power button but no luck.i bought this at circuit city..called the help line for circuit city and sony they said i need to get the ticket no from circuit city . nothing worng with the outlet on the wall. tried to a fan to check whether fuse blew up on me / fan works fine with the same wall outlet. TV is powered through  the wall outlet directly..

any suggestions/solutions are welcome. i love this tv. if this thing is  dead, may be i will get new  lcd or plasma TV (50 inch) 
iceman1
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:49 pm

iceman1,

THe first thing to try would be to unplug your TV from the power outlet for awhile and see if it will reset after plugging it back in. Also, does the standby light blink a trouble code? If so see if you can count the number of flashes between pauses and post them.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by iceman1 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:35 am

Joe
   I did unplug the TV for little more than 5 min and then plugged it back but no luck. I don' t see any standby light blinking or for that matter any light blinking on the TV.
Looks like it just went cold..

ps: i do have a cable box but i don't think that sholud have any effect on this.

iceman1
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:58 am

iceman1,

Short of checking to make sure that the power outlet is "hot" and that a fuse or circuit breaker didn't trip the next step would be to bring it in for an estimate of repairs. Hopefully, your extended warranty is good till November '05 and it will still be covered. Best of luck.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by iceman1 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:03 am

Joe
 I did check the power outlet and it is "hot" because the cable box is connected to the same outlet. Apart from that i plugged in a fan and it works.

I will go to circuit city and get my warranty info . i can't seem to find it at home.

Thanks for the help...

Iceman1

iceman1
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by iceman1 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:41 pm

The technician from Circuit City came and said that the fuse in the TV went off( this is from my wife as i am at work .) i need to go home and see what it is .TV is functioning again.

I find it strange that the fuse went off in TV. Becuase as per my understanding the TV doesn't use much of electricity .so the only difference could be that we moved into new house ( new construction) in June and the living room ( where the tv is) devices are demanding more electricity that than configured int he panel.

Is living room circuit on the electric panel is not designed to handle all the devices in the living room.?

Can anybody suggest the possible reasons,apart from obvious ones why the fuse in TV would go off.

Thanks
iceman1
iceman1
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Return to Television Troubleshooting