[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - ta e1000esd and ta e2000esd

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:56 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - ta e1000esd and ta e2000esd

ta e1000esd and ta e2000esd

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by speedline » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:34 am

just wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between these 2 pre amps also if the ta e2000esd was available in the uk and opinions on them both please.
Any info would be greatly received.
speedline
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Maxxwire » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:41 am

I've used the TA 1000ESD and it has the best equalizer I've ever seen in a Sony product. As far a comparing it with the TA E2000ESD most people prefer the earlier version.

What will you be using the Sony preamp for?

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by AmbroseES » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:45 pm

I still own the 1000ESD. A nice piece of equipment. Lots of options but it lacks a digital bypass switch so all incomming analog signals are digitalized (same goes for 2000ESD).

Most people seem to prefer the sound + build of the 1000ESD over the 2000ESD.
As for other differences; not many. The 1000ESD has 3 led indicators showing what kind of digital signal it is getting from your other digital sources (32 / 44 / 48 Khz). The 2000ESD doesn't have this feature. Not important, but hey

I also read that some 2000ESD's had problems with  signal overloading causing malfunctions in the output (maybe people didn't know how to regulate the signal in switch).

AmbroseES
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:35 pm

Not even the TA E9000ESD has an Analog bypass option.

The TA E1000ESD has Digital output level controls and the most feature filled Sony remote that I have ever seen.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by AmbroseES » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:25 am

On 2005-07-12 23:35, Maxxwire wrote:

The TA E1000ESD has Digital output level controls and the most feature filled Sony remote that I have ever seen.

__Maxx

Yup, and it is a learning one so you can operate all your other equipment with it as well.

As for the digital bypass; I really would of liked that option. Would be nice if you could compare the digital / analog sound.
AmbroseES
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:14 am

On 2005-07-13 04:25, AmbroseES wrote:

As for the digital bypass; I really would of liked that option. Would be nice if you could compare the digital / analog sound.

There are also some cases where it would be preferable just to let an Analog signal pass thru without any processing just volume control.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by AmbroseES » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:41 pm

Yes, you are right Maxx

The closes thing to that is not using (turning off) the equalizer / dynamics / surround functions on the 1000ESD.

BTW; just read back some posts;

You are right; the equalizer is a nice one. A lot of bands (frequencies) that can be adjusted (94 if I counted correct; from 18Hz to 20Khz) + the steepness of the EQ slope can be adjusted. Awesome
AmbroseES
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:01 pm

Even though you turn off the functions of the TA E1000ESD it will still Digitize the incomming signals and reconvert them to Analog for the outputs.

Speaking of D/A conversion I was suprised to find out that the TA E1000ESD has 18 bit D/A converters for the front and center channels which was SOTA in 1990.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by AmbroseES » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:38 pm

On 2005-07-13 18:01, Maxxwire wrote:
Even though you turn off the functions of the TA E1000ESD it will still Digitize the incomming signals and reconvert them to Analog for the outputs.

Indeed, but it is the closes thing you can get to no signal manipulation on the 1000ESD

The DAC sounds great to me, but I'm still looking for an all analog preamp.

I'm thinking of buying an TA-F707 or TA-F808 integrated secondhand (love those Amps ) and using the pre-out to power my Citation 22.
I could even use them as stand alone amps and not hook up my Citation (if they sound better) because those Sony's are powerhouses all by themselfs.
AmbroseES
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:27 pm

Even on my Sony DB 930 I could hear a noticable difference in sound quality when I used the Analog Bypass as opposed to the A/D-D/A converted inputs.

The TA F-808 is a very nice unit although the 200 wpc Citation 22 should give you about 3 dB more sound from the speakers. Decisions, decisions.....

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables