[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Unable to capture video from DCR-TRV740 with iLINK

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:48 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Unable to capture video from DCR-TRV740 with iLINK

Unable to capture video from DCR-TRV740 with iLINK

Installation questions, problems or simply a note. This forum is to discuss anything about installing your Sony cameras. Doesn't matter what television you use, if you need help about installation process, this is the right place.

Moderator: jttar

by rollosan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:24 am

Has anyone figured out how to get windows xp to recognize a sony DCR-TRV740 camcorder using the iLINK?

I currently have a sony pcv-rz26g desktop and a sony DCR-TRV740 camcorder. When I turn on the camera xp tries to install but is unable to complete. As a result none of my software recognizes that the camera is attached.

I have already tried the advice below from vaioman:

I Link or (IEEE1394) Install

Connect the camera to the PC's IEEE port.
You should hear a ding sound from XP. Now your ready to start video capturing. If XP does not recognize the cam or is looking for drivers. Have XP look in the root directory of the Bundled CD that came with the cam.

I had the installer look on the cd but I couldn’t find anything that it would open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rollosan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by feathermerchant » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:00 pm

Since I installed WinXP SP2 I cannot get the camera  to be recognized by the PC. Ilink, USB for video capture and USB memory stick would not work. I downloaded new USB drivers for video capture and now that works. I turned the camera to memory mode and it loaded the drivers and now that works. Ilink still won't work. Sony Tech support has not been any help. If  I find anything out, I'll let you know.
feathermerchant
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Noelsy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:27 am

Try opening Windows Movie Maker or Adobe Premier Elements if you have it. Open new project--Video Capture.Plug in your camera with i-link/firewire select capture video. If your computer is recognising the camera you will be able to down load and edit. If not plug in your camera as above switch it on go to" my computer "and check if it has been recognised there.
Noelsy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by KCAir » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:37 pm

I think my personal file on the DCR-TRV740 includes the documentaion and customer service links you need to find what your are looking

All the best,

for.
Sony Digital 8 Camcorder | Model: DCR-TRV740 - DCR-TRV740ilink by personafile | visit personafile.com

KCAir
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:03 am

rollosan,

What is the status? Did you finally get your computer to recognize your camcorder  via i-Link?

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Camera Installation