[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - about SCD-XB790QS with STR-DB2000QS

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:36 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - about SCD-XB790QS with STR-DB2000QS

about SCD-XB790QS with STR-DB2000QS

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by stephane92400 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:52 am

hello
I am new forumeur and i am enjoy when i find Agoraquest Website...  i am a Sony fan since many years.
I am going to bye a sacd player  scd-xb790qs and i am interesting for bying the  str-db2000qs digital "s-master pro" integrated amplifier..
what will be the results of this combinaison.
i am asking for how the high definition signal of the sacd player will be traeted by the amplifier,wich is enterily digital working?
if somebody have this combinaison,can he tald me if he is glad with it.

thanks for responses,and sorry for my english writing
stephane92400
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by rkkwan » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:57 pm

The STR-DB2000 probably doesn't have iLink/Firewire digital inputs for SACD, so the signal has to be converted to analog first, just like any other amps. To get a pure digital connection, you need to get the top-of-the-line "9000" series player and receiver.
rkkwan
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:22 pm

After the SACD Analog signal goes to the DA 2000QS it will then be converted into a Digital Pulse Wave Modulated (PWM) signal to be amplifed by its Digital amplifiers.

Your english is very understandable. We are proud to have you as a Member.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by stephane92400 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:53 am

as you say,Rkkwan, the STR-DB2000QS deos'nt have ilink inputs as the SCD-XB790QS does'nt have ilink output...  only 5.1  analog liaison can be done.
So,as Maxxwire say,the signal will be converted on digital signal when it will arrive at the STR-DB2000  5.1 inputs.
I would like to know if it's a probleme for the sound quality.
if someone have this association,and is enjoy of it,i wait for his opinion.
thank you,Max,for your welcoming
stephane92400
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Toli » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:26 am

On 2004-06-12 02:22, Maxxwire wrote:

Your english is very understandable. We are proud to have you as a Member.

_Maxx

stephane92400- I second the sentiments by Maxxwire.

While I haven't actually heard the STR-DB2000QS, I have heard it's North American equivalent. And it's one beautifully smooth sounding receiver and I doubt that you could be disappointed with it. 

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by tsv » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:45 am

I got exactly this combination - and it is playing like a dream......

I recommend You to get a high quality cable connection between the player and the receiver - it makes a great difference. Personally I use Monster M550i cables, which is very good value for money.
tsv
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:08 pm

It will be many years before the iLink is available on affordable Sony equipment, so it would be best to get some high quality Analog cables to connect your player with the Receiver to get the best quality sound from your equipment.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by stephane92400 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:30 am

thank you Tsv for your "temoignage"... 
of course,i'm going to buy good cables...  in france,we have a good cable maker,it 's call Realcable.
thanks to all,for your responses.
stephane92400
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Return to MD/CD/SACD