[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - NEED HELP with Handycam USB connectivity

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:57 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - NEED HELP with Handycam USB connectivity

NEED HELP with Handycam USB connectivity

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony digital camera (i.e. Sony digital camera problem issue, contrast problems, picture quality, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by operative_jeff04 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:59 am

Hi guys....I just need some help with my 1st block's Handycam DCR-HC20..

We have tried (repeatedly) to transfer the images and video from the camera to the computer (XP and 98 ) but the computer refuses to recognize that we have a camera connected. It does acknowlege that every driver is installed and it even streams the video when we configure the streaming properties but it wont list the camera as a source when we try to use the Image Transfer program or the Picture Package Menu program. We also thought that Windows would create a in My Computer for the camera, but it doesn't. We can't pull the video from the camera because we cant find where to pull it from. The handycam (it should also be mentioned) uses tapes to record, not a memory stick so that could be helpful in troubleshooting.

If anyone can help, please do. We really need to get these videos on the computer before we run out of tapes. This project is very important to our school for next year and we need to finish it before graduation. I'll be checking this forum every morning from around 8:15 to 9:30 (central time) for posts. Thanks in advance to all who help....

-PJ    

operative_jeff04
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by operative_jeff04 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:02 am

*bump

Ack....need help pleeeeease...
operative_jeff04
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sagittarii » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:40 am

You may want to try....

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

I have had no problems downloading stills or movies with my Sony F717 camera on XP.  Haven't connected my Sony DCR-DVD300 camcorder.

Sounds like you are doing evrything right. Good luck!
sagittarii
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:08 am

operative_jeff04- Do you have DirectX 9.0b or later installed? If you don't, you will have to install it. Also, make sure there are no other USB devices connected other than keyboard, mouse and camcorder. If that doesn't help, you could also uninstall and then reinstall the software.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by operative_jeff04 » Tue May 04, 2004 5:09 am

Thanks guys for your help...I did eventually get it to work (I got a firewire cable).....

later
operative_jeff04

operative_jeff04
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by arsalak » Sun May 09, 2004 2:02 am

Hello there, I am having a similar problem of connectivity of My DSC P10 cybershot camera to My computer
The Image transfer program doesnt recognise the source folder to copy images from. I have tried both xp and 98 but no results.
I read that  you use a firewire cable to solve your problem, can you PLEASE tell me what it is and how I can use it?
Thanks in advance.

arsalak
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Luos » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:00 pm

Hi,

I had the same problems and I think I found out what was wrong.

I bought new memory sticks and formatted them on my computer and (apparently) after that, the Image transfer program does not recognize the source anymore.

After a few evenings , I tried formatting the memory sticks using the formatting program on the camera and you know what? ... Image transfer now recognizes the source and copying went like a baby!

So I think the solution is: format the memory sticks only on the camera. I did some more browsing: apparently, the Sony format progam writes a hidden file to the memory stick

Good luck!

Lucien
Luos
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Troubleshooting