[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KV DR 29 -- Picture chopping at the edges

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:45 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KV DR 29 -- Picture chopping at the edges

KV DR 29 -- Picture chopping at the edges

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by NewDeep » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:45 pm

love my Sony KV DR29 even without the Intelligent Picture feature they have taken out. By the way, the latest KV DR 29 in the market (India) is without the 3-D woofer and without PIP (and the price is cheaper too).

There's this problem I noticed. I've heard that a lot of TVs have this. In our excitement, sister and I were comparing the old Philips TV with the new Sony KV DR 29 when we noticed that on the Philips TV, the right-hand and left-hand edges showed some more picture than our SONY!

Yes, the Sony TV was definitely chopping left and right edges by a significant margin!

Research brought me to Sevice Menu and I tried "compressing" the vertical screen but soon I saw that when the edges came in, the picture was "full" but at the edges the lines were not straight!! They were wavy and the pic was blurred at edges and I certainly did not want to SAVE these settings.

Please help!

Is this a model problem?

By the way, to maintain the 4:3 ratio, whenever I compressed the picture vertically by one point from SERVICE MENU, I comptressed it by one point horizontally too. Do you think I was doing the right thing?

Waiting for suggestions and solutions.
NewDeep
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NewDeep » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:23 am

Please help folks!
NewDeep
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by himu » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:17 pm

Hi there,

I am also from India (Bangalore) and bought the same set as yours around the same time. I will like to discuss your experince with your set as I am having major troubles with it (see my recent posts in this forum)

Can you get in touch with me at himanshu_gaurav@yahoo.com

Thanks

Himanshu
himu
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Television Troubleshooting