[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Capturing Problem Sony DCRPC105 to Image mixer

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:43 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Capturing Problem Sony DCRPC105 to Image mixer

Capturing Problem Sony DCRPC105 to Image mixer

Installation questions, problems or simply a note. This forum is to discuss anything about installing your Sony cameras. Doesn't matter what television you use, if you need help about installation process, this is the right place.

Moderator: jttar

by devin_st » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:36 pm

hey guys I really need your help asap.
I got a sony dcrpc105 camcorder, and capture the movie using Sony Image mixer ( software provided ), however the capturing process always stop every 10 minutes or so. I can't find what the problem is. sometimes it says that I exceed the HD capacity. which i dont think it's the reason because I still have a big big space of hd in my computer. thanks for the help I really appreciate it
devin_st
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by duncan » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:16 am

Hi, Same Camcorder as me.... good choice

The problem you are describing is a fault of your PC. 10 Minutes or so sounds to me like you are capturing at DV quality, producing 178MB every minute (ish) just after 10 minutes your PC throws a wobbly about file size...which by then is probably 3.99GB or ther abouts? does this sound right.

On PCs there are more than one type of file system format. If you are using FAT32 it cannot create a file larger than 4GB. The solution is to use the file system NTFS, then you can create any size of file. If you tell me what OS you have ...XP Win2K etc I may be able to help. There is an instruction to type into "Run" which changes the file system. If you have to change you main drive where the OS is you may have difficulty. It is usally reliable and save(i know loads of people that have done it, but it is at your own risk.

Cheers,
Duncan
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by devin_st » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:42 am

Hey duncan , thanks for the reply. phew I'm glad that there is actually somebody who has that same type of camcorder.
I'm capturing the file in mpeg so the result is not a huge size of file. Currently I'm using Windows 2000 proffesional. I did saw in the imagemixer software website that you cannot capture more than 10 minutes only if you capture it in straight AVI. anyway I'm using the USB device for connecting my camcorder to the pc.
This problem is really frustrating . thanks for the reply . i really really appreciate you
devin_st
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by duncan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:45 am

You may have read the other post and guessed that you really need a firewire card (IEEE1394), it simply the only way to do it properly.... however I will try and have a go at recreating your problem this weekend and let you know if I have any ideas...

Cheers, Duncan
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by devin_st » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:32 pm

Hey duncan,...I really really appreciate all your help
oh anyway I've tried to capture using VirtualDub and everything working just fine.....the capturing doesnt stop at all ...so I guess there is a prob with imagemixer. actually using Vdub is not bad at all...I guess I just need to get abigger hd since i gotta to capture in avi first. thanks again..and maybe I'll get a firewire card for my pc about next week. thanks. I find out that this forum is really a great source to learn since I'm a newbie. glad to join this forum
devin_st
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by duncan » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:01 am

your welcome, it is a geat forum! I learn loads here.
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Camera Installation