[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DVP-CX985V how to delete music tracks from CD

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:52 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DVP-CX985V how to delete music tracks from CD

Sony DVP-CX985V how to delete music tracks from CD

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by badkins100 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:55 pm

I have worked on this for several days and can't delete tracks from CDs or I should say I can't get the machine to ignore certain tracks of music that I don't want to hear. Can someone point me to the right proceedure to do this. My last Sony was a 300 disk storage system and it was pretty user friendly. Certainly this new high-tech monster has the ability to do this.

badkins100
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by AaronB » Thu May 05, 2005 6:27 am

Quote:
Certainly this new high-tech monster has the ability to do this.

After checking out the manual, I'd have to say that it doesn't. Even my CDP-CX455 mega changer (which is CD only) doesn't have this feature.
AaronB
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by badkins100 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:52 am

Oh no. Sony is quickly becoming my ex-favorite electronic brand. I left my old 300 disk Sony at my house when I sold it, being sure I could get a bigger/better unit. We like to shuffle all tracks and ignore the tracks we don't really want to hear. This is like having a new nuke submarine that don't go underwater. Thanks for your help and reply. This high-tech monster may go on the market. Oh I know,.. I can burn every cd I own and just omit the tracks I don't like.   Then put those copied cd's in the player. I should be finished with that project in about a year.

badkins100
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by AaronB » Mon May 09, 2005 8:33 am

I know that you were being cynical, but there are other advantages to burning all your CDs to CD-Rs. You get to keep the originals in their cases, so that you can easily take them with you in the car, for example. And if a disc gets jammed in the player, the original is out of harms way. You can also burn the CDs with CD-Text information, so that disc and track names are displayed by the player, which would be an especially nice feature on this unit with it's on-screen GUI.
AaronB
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by badkins100 » Mon May 09, 2005 10:46 am

Excellent points. I had a mindset that if my CDs' were in the machine, my wife probably would not be able to take them off to use in her player when she rides her bike and scratch them up. But she does that anyway. I will have to get to work on this. Thanks for the tip Aaron.
badkins100
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to MD/CD/SACD